Ratings for Dr. Meera Chopra

Every time I see her I feel like it was a waste of time. She doesn't listen, she doesn't do much to help. All she knows how to do is prescribe pills. If I talk about homeopathic options she doesn't acknowledge any of it and just says she know nothing about that stuff. She prescribed antidepressants for me one day ( which I never took) and asked me if I had suicidal thoughts. She asked because 'sometimes when depressed people take antidepressants it just gives them that extra boost to actual carry out those thoughts.' Um......what??? You would think she would follow up with me then after that but nope. I got a call a year and a half later from the 'shrink' she referred me too. She also said she booked something for me with another office but she never did. She wrote it in her computer but never actually made the referral. She acts like she is still at school and she is trying to write a test but she doesn't know the answer and she doesn't use the millions of resources available these days to help her. She also keeps pushing birth control on me and giving me lectures on it.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I was referred to Dr Chopra when my doctor retired. Dr Chopra is not a good doctor for mental health challenges. I've been going to her for the same complaint (extreme fatigue) for about a year now and she's really not doing anything other than telling me I should take pills. I feel like I have to suggest referrals, which she does when I bring it to her, but I was recently frustrated with her when she said she hasn't referred me to what's available to her because she thinks her resources are more geared to low income. She told me she thinks I'm doing well for myself finding my own resources. It has taken me six months to convince her that going off of an antidepressant was right for me. But she's not listening because her only idea to help me with residual fatigue is to take a different antidepressant. While I'm not a doctor, it seems elementary to me that if fatigue was an issue while on an antidepressant and still is now that I'm off, then there must be something to explore. When I've talked about natural remedies she seems to zone out.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Dr, Chopra is a godsend. She may be relatively new, but she knows when she doesn't know, and does whatever is necessary to get the help needed. She puts her patients first. I love her. She is 1,000% better than the family doctor we had before her (who retired), and I am thankful everyday for her. As well, her staff are always polite and on top of things. They follow up with you on test results, make sure to call back with concerns and answers to questions, etc. I have not had one bad experience. I am surprised at the less positive comments here. I can't understand how anyone could be anything but thrilled to have Dr. Chopra as their doctor. She's the best.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

im very frustrated with the service here as you make an appt and an hour later, you still havent been seen. i understand she is still young and new but she seems to always have to research everything and I havent felt like she was very helpful. not all staff has poor attitude but the majority is unpleasent to deal with.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

My experience with Dr. Chopra was horrible. She replaced my previous physician who had retired. I would advise anyone seeking a new doctor to avoid her. I too have mental health issues (documented) and it was obvious to me that she wasn't taking me seriously. I can't go into detail here at the moment, suffice it to say (charitably), she "misled" me for almost 2 years about a very important mental health related issue. I felt completely violated. One thousand characters does not provide nearly enough space to enumerate ALL that went on during my two years with her. Luckily I had a good support group around me to counteract what she put me through. Otherwise I don't think I would've made it through. She just didn't care. Plain and simple. Also, for anyone requiring continuity of care- stay away. She's continually away from office for long periods. Suffered through two of her replacements. Like having incompetent substitute teachers. All I can say is thank god I have a new doctor now!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

My biggest concern is that she has very rude and cold staff, Dr. Chopra although seems nice but lack of common sense and experience, goes by book.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

I went to see Dr. Chopra when I had a pressing mental issue. I felt I could tell her anything and she was non judgmental. I also felt that even though it was a mental illness I was struggling with, she dealt with the issue as if it was very serious and didn't downgrade it because it wasn't a physical problem. She prescribed me medication until we found the right one together and was very good at following up with me and also very thorough and referred me to a mental health professional. Thank heaven for Dr. Chopra I am so greatful for her dedication. She has also been great with any physical problems I have been having (obviously).

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

We started seeing her after our family doctor retired. I had been to two doctors previously for a problem I had been having for six months. She finally gave me some medication that cured it, so I was quite pleased. We find she is very knowledgeable and thorough, more so than our previous doctor.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

The staff at Dr.Chopra office are the the worst espicially Carole. She is very rude and unhelpful in all situations. She does not demonstrate the customer service necessary to work with the public and gets on her high horse immediately!!! Dr. Chopra doesnt seem aware of how rude her staff is and that is a very big concern of ours.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

at first i thought she was good because she took the time to listen and would not hesitate to refer me to a specialist, however the mroe i see her the more I begin to feel like she refers so often because she is lacking knowledge to deal with different situations. She now rushes through visits and never really can tell you what is wrong. Instead she prescribes medication that does nothing.Her nurse always calls back with tests results but can never explain what the results mean.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013