Ratings for Dr. Susy Lin

I've been seeing Dr. Lin for years and she's great. Very thorough. Easy to talk to with a good sense of humour. Explains things well.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Cold and disinterested and of no help. She completely misinterpreted the results of my ultrasound and sent me for a biopsy that I didn't need. Thankfully the doctor she referred me to knew better and I was spared the procedure. But I was not spared the 6 weeks of waiting stressfully thinking I might be gravelly in when in fact the ultrasound showed the complete opposite: a positive progression for a condition that I suppose she knew nothing about. I should have been celebrating, I will not be going back to see her again.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I was absolutely appalled at the advice I received from Dr. Lin after paying nearly $3,000 to do so. She clearly had not properly read my file and was not sufficiently familiar with what ails me. Her suggestion (life alternating major surgery to treat me) was insane and unprofessional. Speaking of unprofessional, she did not suggest surgery when we met at all.Incredibly, I got this recommendation for surgery when I went online to see the summary of my visit that she had written. Unreal! STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Direct, knowledgeable, thorough. Easy to discuss matters with. Very current with topics and medical applications and engaged. An exceptional practitioner. Corrected 2 concerning health issues when other GP's were unable to find solutions resulting in dramatic improvement in quality of my life.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

I was a patient of Dr Lin's for 2 years. During that time any progession made regarding my health problems were made by me the patient. Dr Lin a all smarminess and no action.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Lin had a very disinterested, mechanical manner. Very off-putting. She also had a terrible cold and cough and should not have been dealing in close contact with patients. She repeatedly told me that there 'are no guarantees' and that some medical Q's can't be explained. These responses do not elicit any trust, so crucial in a patient doctor relationship. I paid close go $3000 for treatment (privately) where the analysis provided was no better from her in quality, nor quantity, than an OHIP-paid doctor's appt. I will take my results and have my own doctor do the interpretation.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I was a patient for Dr Lin's for over 2 years. During my first annual physical the results of my stress test came back to Dr Lin (she said) suggesting that my heart function was not what it should be. ( I later learned false positives and false negatives are common with stress tests). Rather than send me for a non-invasive procedure like calcium scoring which would have shown blockage in my arteries, Dr Lin sent me for an Angiogram which was invasive and very unpleasant to have done. The doctor performing the Angiogram kept saying to me during the procedure, "I don't know why you were here sent to have this done. I see nothing abnormal." Bottom line, there was no need for me ever to have had an Angiogram and I was sent to have it thanks to Dr. Lin's apparent lack of knowledge regarding stress test results.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

Dr. Lin is very straight forward and honest in her approach. She is highly skilled and very professional. She makes me feel calm because I tend to worry about every little ailment. To the lady who thinks she is passive (as noted in an above comment), I have never had that experience, perhaps it is because there is very little that can be done for whatever your ailment is, which understandably would be frustrating for you. Dr. Lin always addresses every issue proactively and would send someone to a specialist if the situation required that. She is never passive.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Lin's long enough to have discovered that she is completely passive in the doctor patient relationship. That is: if you have a physical ailment that is bothering you get ready to do all the research on the problem yourself since there is very little she will do to suggest different treatment options that might alleviate your symptoms. In fact, one of her favourite expressions is: "very often nothing can be done for the ailment/condition you have." Not what one wants to hear from their GP.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

I have been Dr Lin's patient at Medcan for several years. She is a very good GP. Goes the extra mile. Very easy to converse with.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013