You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Yew Hon Lai

I waited 1 year to see an allergy specialist. When I arrived he did not even say hello to me or look at me once. He took my history in a very robotic way and expected me to remember detailed things from years ago. He did not seem to hear to my concerns and had TERRIBLE bedside manner. He seems to just care about pushing patients through. I finally left after not been given an allergy test because the thing I am allergic to does not have a testing protocol. What a waste of time, and such a rude doctor too. Would not go back.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Dr. Lai was very rude, condescending, and did not answer questions in a professional manner. He went through the motions of asking me if I had any questions but any time I asked a question, he made me feel like I was so silly. It was an incredibly stressful visit. We are now on another wait list because we don't see him anymore.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have had tremendous results. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

We have been seeing Dr. Lai at least once-twice a year since my son's initial allergy test two and half years ago. He has been working closely with us to manage my son's asthma as well. We have found him approachable, knowledgeable , always on schedule and very good with our son. He has helped us tremendously and I look forward to seeing him at another appointment soon.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Lai was rude, condescending, and did not answer questions in a professional manner. While taking my daughter's history he became impatient with my inability to remember every exact detail of every allergic reaction my daughter had had in the past 10 years. The skin test was done correctly but he refused to give me a print out of the results, saying he 'already told me' what they were! He went through the motions of asking me if I had any questions but any time I asked a question, he made me feel like I was wasting his time. It was an incredibly stressful visit. It's a shame I had to wait 1 year to get in to see an allergist. We are now on another wait list because I refuse let Dr. Lai treat my daughter.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

After seeing another allergist in the city when my son was very young, Dr.Lai was a breath of fresh air. I only wish we had found him sooner! He speaks directly to my son and takes the time to educate him on the seriousness of his allergies. He has also been willing to investigate which food and environmental allergies my son has, and to do oral challenges on foods that may be safe for him to consume. Dr.Lai is very confident and professional. He has been wonderful in every way. I only wish we had started with him when my son had his first allergic reaction as an infant.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

We had an incredible experience with Dr. Lai after years of being confused over allergy testing results with another Calgary allergist. He kept my 4-year old son very entertained with his knowledge of Transformers, all the while doing a VERY thorough examination of his allergies. We were able to get to the bottom of all of his allergies and reintroduce foods that were previously misdiagnosed as allergies. My son looks and feels amazing, has had no asthma attacks in over a year, his immune system has greatly improved, he's eating foods that we never thought he'd eat, and he has no more dark under eye circles. I highly recommend Dr. Lai if you are looking for a doctor who is great with kids and compassionate for stressed out moms. He will go the extra mile to find a solution and I look forward to him monitoring my son for years to come.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

We have had only extremely good experiences at Dr Lai's office! Very punctual, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful staff!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Not helpful at all, chewed gum during consultation did not appear to listen to anything I said when I was giving my son's history, he was typing on his computer the form letter to the referring doctor. He needs better bedside manners. We were told that my son allergic to everything but nuts. No documentation given as to what my son was tested for. Told that should have come sooner and might have been able to help him. Came out of appointment very upset and with no answer for my sons allergies. He did nothing to educate my son or soothe his concerns when his arms were reacting badly to the tests.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Great doctor. Discussed everything we wanted, was patient with us but direct and to-the-point with answers (clear, concise, memorable), and was more than happy to immediately correct any incorrect perceptions we held about allergies. We walked away with a much clearer and far more confident understanding of our son's allergies and how to help him manage them. GREAT!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Yew Hon Lai's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I waited 1 year to see an allergy specialist. When I arrived he did not even say hello to me or look at me once. He took my history in a very robotic way and ex..."

May 9, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lai was very rude, condescending, and did not answer questions in a professional manner. He went through the motions of asking me if I had any questions bu..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had tremendous results. Highly recommended."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We have been seeing Dr. Lai at least once-twice a year since my son's initial allergy test two and half years ago. He has been working closely with us to manag..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lai was rude, condescending, and did not answer questions in a professional manner. While taking my daughter's history he became impatient with my inabilit..."

January 17, 2015