Ratings for Dr. Yew Hon Lai

Great doctor! He takes time and answers your questions.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Lai is outstanding! He takes time and answers your questions and doesn't make you feel like an inconvenience in his office. He is very knowledgable and good with adolescents.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

I went to see Dr Lai recently due to what I suspected as an allergic reaction about six months prior. Dr Lai took time to obtain all the details and full history with me. He spent over an hour during the consultation with me providing great insight on my recently developed allergies. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I did have to wait 15-20 minutes after my appointment to be seen but that is pretty typical for most offices. I was very pleased with his level of knowledge and good bedside manner. He does not hesitate to offer his honest opinion and provide experiences for details. He was also kind enough to waive the test fee for me given the complexity of my case. Great doctor - highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

he was very punctual, he did the allergy test on me and then explained the problem. the allergy testing materials is not covered by Alberta Personal Health and costs $50

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I waited 1 year to see an allergy specialist. When I arrived he did not even say hello to me or look at me once. He took my history in a very robotic way and expected me to remember detailed things from years ago. He did not seem to hear to my concerns and had TERRIBLE bedside manner. He seems to just care about pushing patients through. I finally left after not been given an allergy test because the thing I am allergic to does not have a testing protocol. What a waste of time, and such a rude doctor too. Would not go back.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Dr. Lai was very rude, condescending, and did not answer questions in a professional manner. He went through the motions of asking me if I had any questions but any time I asked a question, he made me feel like I was so silly. It was an incredibly stressful visit. We are now on another wait list because we don't see him anymore.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have had tremendous results. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

We have been seeing Dr. Lai at least once-twice a year since my son's initial allergy test two and half years ago. He has been working closely with us to manage my son's asthma as well. We have found him approachable, knowledgeable , always on schedule and very good with our son. He has helped us tremendously and I look forward to seeing him at another appointment soon.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Lai was rude, condescending, and did not answer questions in a professional manner. While taking my daughter's history he became impatient with my inability to remember every exact detail of every allergic reaction my daughter had had in the past 10 years. The skin test was done correctly but he refused to give me a print out of the results, saying he 'already told me' what they were! He went through the motions of asking me if I had any questions but any time I asked a question, he made me feel like I was wasting his time. It was an incredibly stressful visit. It's a shame I had to wait 1 year to get in to see an allergist. We are now on another wait list because I refuse let Dr. Lai treat my daughter.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

After seeing another allergist in the city when my son was very young, Dr.Lai was a breath of fresh air. I only wish we had found him sooner! He speaks directly to my son and takes the time to educate him on the seriousness of his allergies. He has also been willing to investigate which food and environmental allergies my son has, and to do oral challenges on foods that may be safe for him to consume. Dr.Lai is very confident and professional. He has been wonderful in every way. I only wish we had started with him when my son had his first allergic reaction as an infant.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014