Ratings for Dr. Yew Hon Lai

Dr. Lai is very thorough and knowledgeable. He practices evidence based medicine. He has treated both of my young children and made very good recommendations. He will make time for follow-ups when there are any issues. FYI to comment below; saline irrigation with topical cortical steroid therapy is to be considered prime therapy for chronic sinusitis. (emedicine)

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Always happy with the concise result we get from Dr lai. Despite some badly written comment above, please don't base your opinion of this doctor on someone's poorly written "review". Disgusting.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I took my daughter in based on referral in December. Her results were she was allergic to grass. Since it was December and she could hardly breathe, I questioned this doctor's ability. He prescribed her a nasal spray, which just added to the fluid already caught in her sinuses. I took her back to our family doctor, and it turns out she had a 5 month old sinus infection which took a month of antibiotics to get rid of. An allergist that can't recognize a sinus infection is appalling. He just prolonged and added to my daughter's suffering. Too bad it's so hard to sue for malpractice in Canada.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Great doctor! He takes time and answers your questions.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Lai is outstanding! He takes time and answers your questions and doesn't make you feel like an inconvenience in his office. He is very knowledgable and good with adolescents.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

I went to see Dr Lai recently due to what I suspected as an allergic reaction about six months prior. Dr Lai took time to obtain all the details and full history with me. He spent over an hour during the consultation with me providing great insight on my recently developed allergies. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I did have to wait 15-20 minutes after my appointment to be seen but that is pretty typical for most offices. I was very pleased with his level of knowledge and good bedside manner. He does not hesitate to offer his honest opinion and provide experiences for details. He was also kind enough to waive the test fee for me given the complexity of my case. Great doctor - highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

he was very punctual, he did the allergy test on me and then explained the problem. the allergy testing materials is not covered by Alberta Personal Health and costs $50

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I waited 1 year to see an allergy specialist. When I arrived he did not even say hello to me or look at me once. He took my history in a very robotic way and expected me to remember detailed things from years ago. He did not seem to hear to my concerns and had TERRIBLE bedside manner. He seems to just care about pushing patients through. I finally left after not been given an allergy test because the thing I am allergic to does not have a testing protocol. What a waste of time, and such a rude doctor too. Would not go back.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Dr. Lai was very rude, condescending, and did not answer questions in a professional manner. He went through the motions of asking me if I had any questions but any time I asked a question, he made me feel like I was so silly. It was an incredibly stressful visit. We are now on another wait list because we don't see him anymore.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

I have had tremendous results. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015