Ratings for Dr. Mia Viguera

I really like this doctor but her receptionist is horrible and its impossible to get in. With small children we end up going to the walk in more often than our own doctor. She doesn't answer the phone and I've had multiple times where the office is just closed due to illness. I understand a doctor can get sick but it seems to be too often. Again she is good when you have her attention but getting through her rude receptionist is difficult

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Everytime I call there is either a message saying they are closed that day until a certain date or no one answers the phone & they don't want you leaving messages. I have also had where i have called & ask a question about something where they did not answer for me & hung up before i could even book an appointment to get a prescription renewed. Dr. Viguera is very friendly & nice to speak to but puts no effort into actually helping her patients, You seem more like a bother coming in then anything. I am switching doctors so that I can actually make a simple appointment to get my prescription renewed.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

She has always treated my family and i with utmost care. She will find an answer for you if she is not sure. People dont seem to realize that her practice has grown in the last few years because she has had to take other doctors patients (2 passed away in 3 years) and that leaves her less time. That is why its one issue per visit. Im glad we were able to see her as new patients 5 years ago! Dj and Mike Evans

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

She is a great faimily doc were thrilled she took us

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

As far as my rating on Dr. V., I really like her and feel she provides great health care. She is not afraid to refer to a specialist if she feels the need. However, the downfall is definitely the service, as the person below mentioned her punctuality has definitely declined and I totally agree with the statement "getting an appointment via phone is a nightmare." Weeks of calling and always getting the answering machine is very frustrating! I work full-time and can only call during breaks, therefore I can't spend all day calling until someone answers. Simply answer the phone or return messages left - DEFINITELY need to improve this service! She's a great doctor but if we can't make an appointment to see her that's an issue.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

When I first became a patient of Dr Viguera, I found her to be punctual for appointments, never seemed rushed and was always willing to listen. However this wonderful service has declined. Getting an appointment via the phone is a nightmare. as no one will answer and messages left are never returned. She barely has time to listen to your problems and I find the limitation to one issue per visit to be a nuisance. I have to see her frequently because she will not renew an Rx over the phone - despite the fact that I have been using the same meds for over 20 years, so I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to get someone to answer the phone! Although she's a nice person, I would prefer a more organized and efficient office and a leaving with the feeling that I'm only an assembly line part.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Excellent knowledgable doctor! Best I ever had. Bravo

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Extremely personable, however, she is oftentimes late for appointments (I have arrived at her office, at open, and had to wait half an hour before she even arrived- when you work during her office hours, as I do, you either can't afford to take time off or return late to work, having anticipated getting out much sooner than you actually do). However, unlike others, I've never had a problem with her staff, finding them extremely friendly and easy to deal with (for instance, in rescheduling an appointment). In addition, again, unlike others, I've never had a problem receiving a referral with her. In fact, the day after I saw her for my first time, I was at the specialist's office- since then, I am scheduled on a bi-annually basis, without having to do anything myself. However, she very rarely to never actually provides me with my results- being told that if I want them, I must contact her. This can be quite difficult, at times, as I'm never sure how long it takes for them to arrive to her/ I forget to check in with my busy schedule. Last, she seems unwilling to do standard procedures at times- which are medically recommended. Because of this, for the sake of my own health/ remaining proactive, I may be forced to see an alternate doctor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Good doc. Listens well, Knowledgeable. Sometimes appointments are on time, often have to wait 30-45 minutes. Sometimes follow up is disappointing - don't hear back about referrals, and prescriptions often need corrections or clarifications by pharmacist

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I am not a huge fan of Dr.Viguera and or the staff that she has in the office, you have to call multiple times before someone will answer the phone because if you leave a message they do not return the call. I have waited upwards an hour multiple times because they have booked appointments and Dr. Viguera is not yet at work, I have waited for her to clean windows as she did not like the way they looked, I did not really appreciate this on my time as my time did not seem to be of value to her. I have cancer and sometimes I need to see my doctor in an emergency situation, not a lot but on occasion, as when I go to a walk in clinic most do not understand the complex disease that I have and things always are overlooked. I do not expect at the drop of a dime however within 24hrs would be nice, not a week.....i hope that not everyone at this office gets treated like this!!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015