Ratings for Dr. Abdel-Rahman Lawendy

Dr. Lawendy treated me after a very bad accident. I was hit by a car while on my bike. He treated my pelvis, femur and tibia. The first physician who saw me said I would never walk again. I am walking without assistance. He is caring and skillful hi s staff are wonderful

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Had surgery on my left ankle. Hardware was to be removed. I am allergic to staples and went threw all the paper work to insure i didn't get them . i was to get stitches and glue..... After a week and a half of burning and throbbing pain i decided to have a look at my ankle with the help of my husband..... I have staples and lots of them.... I contacted the staff and they said they didn't know how this happened.... And to go to emerg to have them out.... Another doctor does not like to work on another doctors work.... So i have to wait two more days in pain to get help.......never again......

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Daughter had surgery with Dr. Lawendy. He is a very nice DR to talk to and he answered all our questions although our consult appointment he was 3 hrs late. The major issue is that his office staff never answer phone calls, always get voice mail and they don't return your calls. Day after surgery we needed to talk to Dr. Lawendy and the office was closed for meetings (really??) and there was no other number to call even though discharge papers said to call his office if we had any issues. LHSC had no ortho dr on call to talk to. He might be a great dr but his office staff need more help or training on how to handle a busy office.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Lawendy was amazing! His knowledge, his patience, his care for his patients is unsurpassed. I am so lucky to have had him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Wonderful surgeon and a great man. Very busy clinic with a long wait but totally worth it. Thank you for taking care of me Dr Lawendy!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

This is the second time I was the unfortunate patient of Dr. LaWendy. Like some others on here, I don't know how he is being praised. He does not have time to see you, nor follow through. It took me TWO YEARS to get through to his staff (secretary). He screwed up my first surgery and now my second one, to supposedly repair the first, is screwed up, as well and now has a serious infection. And am I able to get hold of him? NO. My advice is to run, run and run far away, if he is recommended as your ortho surgeon. A nice man, a horrible surgeon and doctor.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Gentle, kind and compassionate. He calls a spade a spade. There are no surprises. He listens closely to your concerns and addresses all of your questions.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

TOP ortho surgeon in Ontario! I Was extremely fortunate to get Dr Lawendy when I shattered my leg playing hockey last year. Thanks to his phenomenal surgical skills and outstanding post op coaching and support throughout the recovery, I am able to continue my active lifestyle 100%. HIs staff and support team at Victoria Hospital were excellent as well. If you get Lawendy, you're lucky!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Cant reccomend him...he referrals me but doesnt put enough info or a referring doctor name. So ive been in limbo for 3 weeks....an getting a hold of receptionist is impossible

Submitted February 26, 2016

One of the most knowledgeable orthopaedic surgeons in Ontario. He's very kind and empathetic towards his patients. I had an excellent experience with his staff and I can't mentioned enough how informative he was. He took his time with and explained everything to the T... I can't understand how some of these other comments are about the same doctor. Post surgery care was exceptional and helpful. Thank you Dr. Lawendy. Overall a great doctor and a great experience..

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015