Ratings for Dr. Ulrike Muschaweck

Dr Muschaweck operated on my inguinal hernia in Germany in late 2015. As a result of her carelessness, I am left with pain, sexual dysfunction and incontinence. she says this is nothing to do with her surgery, which she says is perfect. I would give her zero stars for professionalism.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

I am not pleased with the result 2.5 years after operation. I came in for surgery on one side with no complaints for the other side, but she tried to convince me to do both sides. When examining the healthy side she used such unnecessary force that she injured me. Now I have pain there. I believe this amounts to profit motivated abuse. Also she did not give me proper directions for how to take care of the wound after the operation, and now I am left with a permanent bulge.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Muschaweck is a self-renowned sports hernia specialist. She practices in Germany, but makes routine visits to the USA and examines patients while here, at the office of a colleague in NJ. I can't stress enough how much people need to AVOID HER. She talks a good game, but when the chips are down and you call or email her that you are still in pain after your operation, all she will tell you to do is take more vitamins and pain killers. And when that doesn't work, she'll tell you to go get some message therapy. And then when that doesn't work, she'll stop taking your calls and stop responding to your emails when you expect her to do something to make things right. She only does her surgeries in Germany and once you leave there, you will get no further post-op care from her. You will be on your own to solve your chronic groin pain problems. Do yourself a big favor, look for a US-based surgeon to have this type of surgery done, and preserve your legal rights. I do NOT recommend her!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011