Ratings for Dr. Charles W. Park

I recently tried stopping medication because my weight gain is significant. I had a crisis in my life and it triggered my depression to the point where I don't want to leave the house and couldn't stop crying. I called his office on a saturday and when he called me back he said if I wasn't suicidal or on my way t the hospital than it was not an emergency and that I should only call during office hours. If I was suicidal his attitude with me would of put me over the edge. He should not have a license. Needless to say I will never go back because God only knows what he will be like in person.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Park for a few months but am about to change my doctor. Dr. Park refuses to listen to any concerns I have regarding the medication prescribed to me or symptoms I previously haven't told him about. I cant be honest with him, which makes my visits there pointless.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Ignored new symptoms from medications and told me they were atypical with a facial grimace to follow. Wouldnt let me change medicaitons based on evidence and research. Told me that I didnt need medications for my concerns because "i have been able to function and life and be successful to this point". Would rather have me take over the counter drugs to help them a prescription that he could control. I felt like I was being judged and left feeling "crazier" than when I went in. I felt guilty asking for medicaitons to help me function in my life

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

I went to Dr Park for my anxiety, he basically told me I was being childish and literally told me I had to "get over it." Needless to say, I stopped going to him.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

Dr. Park was unprofessional at best. When patient was asked to describe his symptoms, Dr. Park ridiculed him. He also prescribed medication that caused adverse and dangerous side effects. Yet when this was reported to him, he insisted they were made up. Finally when patient was passing out on a regular basis, he coldly said," then stop taking it." But the med has warnings that patients must be carefully weaned off the drug. Dr. Park insisted that this was not true. His advice was followed. The withdrawal was one month of mental and physical agony. It's not clear if there is permanent damage. But, Dr. Park got paid and that's all that matters. Right?

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I went to this person for medication management. I have OCD (fairly controlled) and PTSD with Conversion Disorder in the form of aphonia. I am highly knowledgeable, proactive, responsible, etc. I prepared records including medication history, 2 paragraphs on my issues as well as details that related to symptoms that I don't have describing why they don't apply to me. THIS 'PROFESSIONAL' SPENT ABOUT 2 MINUTES WITH ME. Claimed I was too ill for him to help me and I need a day/partial hospitalization program....despite the fact that I have been working with 2 other professionals for months...who spent hours with me....that highly disagree with him..including one that was with me who described me as very high functioning...and no where near the level of needing that level of care. If you feel that a 'professional' can properly assess you and treat you in 2 minutes...this is the guy for you.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

Dr. Charles W. Park's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

HealthPartners