Ratings for Dr. Jason Poon

Yes, he's frequently running behind on his appointments, but you can't blame him when emergency surgeries happen. I'd rather wait a little longer and know that someone got good care in an emergency. I never felt rushed in an appointment. He was my OB for all 3 pregnancies, but never got to deliver one because of how the system works :( He just performed my bilateral salpingectomy and as always I'm impressed with his skill and manner.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2019

Dr .poon is an exceptional dr. I needed my son turned from transverse position before being induced into labor and he was successful but then my little guy got out of position again we tried moving him again and my little guy wanted nothing to do with it. I ended up with an emergency c section and I couldn’t have asked for a better dr. He was so calm even when things weren’t going well and I still felt so safe and cared for. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

We had an ECV scheduled at 3pm at ARH however due to the unpredictable nature of labour, didn’t see Dr. Poon till about 8pm that evening. Dr. Poon flipped my baby form breech at the hospital. Before he began, he explained the risks of the procedure and some of the complications that could arise. He managed to flip my baby & although it was a bit of a painful experience, it worked. However, upon the flip, the nurses couldn’t find my baby’s heart beat and he was called back into triage to help the nurses. He also couldn’t find baby’s heart rate so they called an OB emergency and we went running down to the OR for a c section. He was very calm and assertive — he kept telling me to take deep breaths and it was going to be okay. I was panicked however he encouraged me to breathe and that they were going to do everything to make sure my baby and myself would be ok. Everything ended up good and my baby was born. My scar isn’t very noticeable after 10 post op. He congratulated me on my baby after the c section and that was the last I had seen him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2019

I just started seeing doctor poon he is awesome he put all my concerns at ease....and Doreen is the sweetest most caring and kind person ....I wish could give them a million stars in their ratings....

flag | Submitted September 13, 2019

Phenomenal, have recommended to my other female family members, all impressed. Caring, understanding, and cares to find a solution that helps a woman do well. Awesome personality and shows genuine care for his patients.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

Dr. Poon was the OB on call when I was delivering my son with my midwife. He was able to turn my son from sunny side up when I was in labour with out much added discomfort or pain to myself or my baby. When things were not progressing and a c section was suggested he was very positive. However we managed to get things rolling naturally and he let me do my thing without forcing any other options on me. Even when I begging for them to use the vacuum he wouldn’t let us cause he knew I could do it naturally. He was a great doctor and both my husband and I were impressed with him. If I couldn’t use a midwife in the future I would definitely use Dr. Poon.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2019

Awful doctor, would not be one bit supersized if he or his secretary wrote their reviews I would not recommend him at all!! I absolutely think he is a narcissist and only himself counts. Stay away if you care about yourself and your health!!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2019

Absolutely impressed with everything, from appointments to delivery. He takes the time needed to give his patients peace of mind. After receiving this standard of care I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2019

Dr. Poon is extremely caring, cheerful, a very good listener and always takes lots of time to make the best decisions for my care. He’s the BEST of the best. My 93 year old mother will only see Dr. Poon, as well. Doreen is awesome!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2019

Dismissive, smug, unprofessional, self centered. Check other punctuality ratings, I've always known that tardyness is a sign of disrespect, which his proves lac of care for patients from start. Seems like early in life he was convinced by guy buddies that his last name would be a shoe in for this field dealing with 'lady parts' as a career. I will not post my personal experience here as I am a very private person who felt very uncomfortable and am horribly disappointed and would NEVER recommend this JOKE.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019