Ratings for Dr. Margot Van Allen

A doctor with the real sense of the word. Knowledgeable, compassionate, good listener, respectful and helpful. As a person she is very warm and puts you at ease. She takes all the time needed and more to explain everything about your condition and answer all your questions. A real gem in the medical field!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Very positive experience. I was late to her appointments but staff and she greeted me without any judgements. She gave me valuable knowlege. I feels she is most knowledgeable doctor i have ever met. She examined my child from head to toe everysingle part and did appropriate testing and even arranged for funding for my child’s condition. He staff Tracey was helpful. She made my child very comfortable prior to examination.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Brilliant and compassionate and understanding geneticist. She is warm, listens, is reassuring, and very down-to-earth. Her secretary, Margaret Seppelt and clerk, David Koehhn are very nice and helpful. Thank you, Dr. Van Allen!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr. Van Allen is BRILLIANT and a very compassionate doctor. She is calm, reassuring, and very accepting. Her follow-up patient care is impeccable. I recommend this geneticist over anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

Dr. Van Allen was incredibly compassionate as she diagnosed me with Ehler Danlos Syndrome. She explained how all of my previously undiagnosed symptoms relate with this genetic disorder. I was at my wit's end when I met with her and her amazing team. I was nervous because of my poor luck at the hospital that I was just discharged from. The neurologist that was caring for me said I was fine and there was nothing wrong with me and suggested I should get neuro-psychiatric help.  Dr. VA noticed I was nervous, and immediately put me at ease. She said many of the people she diagnoses with EDS have the same story as mine because our tests always come out "normal".  She said, "They are not normal until I look at them! You need to know what you are looking for."  So you can imagine my relief of having a knowledgeable doctor look into my eyes and tell me she knows what is going on with me. She is now building a team for me so that I will get the help and support I need. Thank you, thank you.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011