Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Achtem

Very late then gives you only 5 to 10 mins on your problem. Like most specialist they have no bed side manors, and it’s no different here. Come in with low expectations and then you should be fine.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Not friendly at all ,was in there for five minutes,didn't examine me just said to go for an M R I .

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Saw Dr. Achtem in emergency for a quinsy and he quickly scheduled me for a tonsillectomy that day. He made me feel very comfortable and I felt confident in his skill and knowledge. He is very straight forward which I can see is not for everyone but it's something I appreciate.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr Achtem has looked after me a couple times and did my thyroidectomy for cancer. He is Extremely knowledgeable and if you want a good surgeon this guys the one you want. I found him to be compassionate and extremely knowledgeable plus he did not dismiss my fears once, and I'm a terribly nervous patient. He continues to montitor me and is very very thorough! He's also Extremely punctual and if he's even five minutes late he apologizes but there so organized at that office I've never had an error made or sat and waited long! Your in good hands if you are under Dr Achtem s care.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

DrAchtem is very knowledgeable and was a great help at figured out what it was and although very direct and to the point (which I like) fixed my problem right away and really seems to care about his work and doing it well

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I've been privileged to meet with Dr. Achtem a few times regarding a skull based tumor. He is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. Now referring me to a neurotologist for next step in my healthcare. Staff always a pleasure. Be thankful if your referral leads here.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Knowledge obviously is great because he is a specialist but not very good at communicating the knowledge and the communication with my other specialist is very poor. I'm not sure if that is the doctor's fault or the receptionist's but it was very difficult to get this office to receive and send information to other health professionals. It would take forever to send and receive information that would take a simple email or a phone call. Very poorly managed office.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Excellent doctor who actually cares for his patient cannot speak highly enough direct and to the point but very good . I have chronic nasal polyps and his follow up after surgery is first class

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Achtem was excellent when I wanted an adult tonsillectomy and has been helping me with my thyroid issues (ordering tests neither my gp or endo even mentioned). He is the first one who has actually helped me move forward with treatments and I appreciate his thoroughness. He is VERY direct and very confident in his abilities, but I didn't read that as rude. Any time my appointment has been a bit late he has been very apologetic. His staff has been amazing! He also told me that my tonsillectomy would be excruciating and it was! That might frighten a child, but I think he likes the patient to be prepared for the worst. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him and he will also be doing my thyroidectomy in the future.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Kind, interested, respectful and knowledgable. I am grateful to my gp for referring me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017