Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Achtem

DrAchtem is very knowledgeable and was a great help at figured out what it was and although very direct and to the point (which I like) fixed my problem right away and really seems to care about his work and doing it well

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I've been privileged to meet with Dr. Achtem a few times regarding a skull based tumor. He is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. Now referring me to a neurotologist for next step in my healthcare. Staff always a pleasure. Be thankful if your referral leads here.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Knowledge obviously is great because he is a specialist but not very good at communicating the knowledge and the communication with my other specialist is very poor. I'm not sure if that is the doctor's fault or the receptionist's but it was very difficult to get this office to receive and send information to other health professionals. It would take forever to send and receive information that would take a simple email or a phone call. Very poorly managed office.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Excellent doctor who actually cares for his patient cannot speak highly enough direct and to the point but very good . I have chronic nasal polyps and his follow up after surgery is first class

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Achtem was excellent when I wanted an adult tonsillectomy and has been helping me with my thyroid issues (ordering tests neither my gp or endo even mentioned). He is the first one who has actually helped me move forward with treatments and I appreciate his thoroughness. He is VERY direct and very confident in his abilities, but I didn't read that as rude. Any time my appointment has been a bit late he has been very apologetic. His staff has been amazing! He also told me that my tonsillectomy would be excruciating and it was! That might frighten a child, but I think he likes the patient to be prepared for the worst. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him and he will also be doing my thyroidectomy in the future.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Kind, interested, respectful and knowledgable. I am grateful to my gp for referring me.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Referred me out quickly to another specialist without asking much. Reception doesn't answer the phone or return calls and is rude, referrals aren't called very often at all unless you call, appointments are often rescheduled (if you can get one), office hours are very sperratic. Unfortunately I was referred back here...

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I found the MOA to be helpful and great. However, the first time I saw Dr.Achtem he had nothing helpful to say and didn't even examen me. I sadly have been referred back to him and I am NOT looking forward to this appointment what so ever!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

His personality towards and treatment of my mom (senior in her 90s) was absolutely unacceptable. Never going back to him again!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Achtem is responsible for saving my husband's life. He was diagnosed with invasive melanoma by Dr. Crippen (dermatologist) who immediately phoned Dr. Achtem to ask him if he would take the case. He not only agreed to take the case but saw us the next day. He was very concerned, attentive and polite with both of us. He asked if he could have a couple of days to formulate a plan and then call us. True to his word, he called 2 days later with a plan which was to put together a team of surgeons, give us his operating room and get that tumour out asap. Tests required pre-surgery, management of surgeons and staff, consideration of our plans and needs were all taken care of by him which was an incredible accomplishment. All of this, including the surgery was accomplished within 3 weeks! He was very kind, caring and considerate to all of us throughout the entire experience. We are humbled and grateful to have been blessed with the good fortune to have this doctor in our lives.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017