Ratings for Dr. Robert D. Brown

Friendly staff. Great first time experience. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Professional. Knowledgeable. Cares about results and prompt about returning calls about results.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Dr. Brown has always been very professional and very good about looking to see if there maybe any other dermatological problems presenting themselves on your skin. I have highly recommended his services to friends.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I scheduled an appointment at Ozark Dermatology in April 2015 after being referred by my general practitioner. While in the (empty) waiting room, I overheard one of the ladies at the front desk answer the phone. The individual she spoke with was obviously someone urgently wanting to set up an appointment and I recall how snide she sounded in her dealings with said person. When she got off the phone, she began talking to the other receptionist near her about the person on the phone, rudely mocking them and acting quite cocky. After filling out paperwork, I was called back quickly and the doctor, Robert Brown, entered the room almost immediately. He walked right up to me, shook my hand, and introduced himself. Then he ushered me over to the exam table and at once he was in my face with a light. I was there to inquire about a non-cancerous cyst on my face because I wanted it removed for cosmetic purposes. Dr. Brown began shining his light all over my face, fiddling with my ears, etc. A little odd, but not a big deal. Then he grabbed my right arm, attempting to pull my (buttoned) sleeves up, looking for "suspicious spots". He did the same to my left arm. After this, he walked around behind me and literally yanked my shirt up all the way to the top of my back, leaving my entire stomach- all the way up to the bottom of my breasts- suddenly exposed to both himself and the nurse in the room with us (which, by the way, she never looked away in an attempt to give me privacy). He never gave me a warning, he just went right for it. It was at this point that I decided he was NOT the doctor for me. Dr. Brown then began talking about removing this cyst from my face, that it might or might not leave an "ugly" scar, there's no guarantee. He basically stated that he wasn't concerned about the scar issue, he was only there to cut it out of my face, but that I could see a plastic surgeon or ENT if I wanted. The entire time he was talking AT me, he was about two feet from my face. It was so awkward and uncomfortable. He talked himself up and talked down at the suggestion of any other kind of doctor possibly doing this job for me. His beside manner was awful. Overall my experience at Ozark Dermatology and with Robert Brown was appalling. Aside from the initial handshake, he was not professional, friendly, or considerate. I felt like an object and not a person. I will not return to this office in the future and I will not recommend this practice to anyone else for any reason.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Excellence in each. Courteous, Professional, Caring and right on time. Diagnosis and treatment right on the mark and end result was quite successful.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

I have been to Dr. Brown on several occasions for treatment of both a cyst and carcinoma. He is very knowledgeable, proficient, and thorough. He definitely is an exceptional doctor who I trust implicitly. He and his staff have always been very professional and courteous. When I go to a doctor, I'm looking for someone to solve my problem. I am not looking to form a friendship. I want the most competent doctor I can find and I don't care a whole lot about chatting. Just fix the problem.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I find it amazing you would expect any local doctor to prescribe meds or treat you while you are away on vacation. Dr. Brown's suggesting you see a doctor there was completely appropriate. If your condition has not improved in a year then possibly there is an underlying problem which needs a different type of doctor. My experience with Dr. Brown has been suburb.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

In response to one of the previous comments...I totally disagree. Dr. Brown is not the jerk you make him out to be. His staff is professional and caring. Dr. Brown is highly educated and passionate about his practice. He is not God and never suggests he knows everything. I've had enough medical issues to realize that doctors don't have all the answers. That's why it is called "practicing medicine." I believe Dr. Brown does a superb job at just that...practicing medicine. The previous comment about Dr. Brown is inaccurate. Dr. Brown spends many hours every year in Mexico treating the thankful, underprivileged people there. The doctor described in the previous comment would never take the time or have the heart to do that. Maybe all of us should experience a little humility and compassion and follow Dr. Brown's example.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

I found Dr. Brown to be very knowledgeable and thorough. He was prompt and his office staff were helpful also. I have recommended him to others. He also followed up concerning the results with a phone call

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Brown was very unhelpful to me and called in 3 different topical meds that did not work and were very expensive! He did not get to know me as a patient, and surely did not listen each time I called back to say that the meds weren't working. His nurse took two days to call me back and basically told me to keep trying meds prescribed, which ended up costing $245 and my insurance didn't cover any of this cost! I was not offered samples or asked about the cost of meds. I originally went to Dr. Brown, because I had been having troubles with acne and a friend talked very highly of him. I, however, did not get the same medical treatment that my friend described. This doctor actually wanted to refer me to a dermatologist in Orlando, FL while I was on vacation! Why would I want to see someone I don't know, when it was this doctor I went to see in the first place! I will not go back to this office for treatment, but will stick with my general practitioner, who knows me well.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr. Robert D. Brown's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

GHI