Ratings for Dr. Tom Thomas

I started seeing Dr. Thomas in 2011 when I discovered I had tongue cancer. Always professional and concerned about my well-being. He had to remove lymph nodes from my neck and rebuild my tongue with a graph from my leg. My speech has remained pretty normal, though when I am tired I can hear a slight lisp. He also performed another surgery to remove scar tissue and correct a deviated septum in order to complete the required scope to check for any abnormal growth. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I guess because he's good - he's popular. Because he's popular, he got a lot of people wanting to see him. And all of that means there will be waiting. He's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

My Husband began seeing Dr Tom Thomas in 2013, when he had cancer removed from under his tongue. Dr Thomas and his entire team were so helpful, always available for questions and concerns. More importantly the way they treated my husband, who was terrified of Doctors and Hospitals, was absolutely lifesaving. I truly believe that had it not been for Dr Thomas, my husband would not be here today.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

I had tonsil cancer and Dr Thomas did my surgery to remove the cancer and lymph nodes. He is a great surgeon and the scar on my neck is barely noticeable. He was very concerned with my surgery and radiation recovery process. He listened to all my concerns, worries and issues and always provided assurance, guidance and a solution. He never rushed me and my family along my appointments and always took the time to answer their questions too.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Thomas did an excellent job with the preparation, surgery and follow up appointments for my tongue cancer. The procedure was successful, with no complications, and the follow up care has been great. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I was diagnosed with Salivary Gland Cancer and Dr. Thomas surgically removed it. I have been cancer free for four years now. I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas. His knowledge, kindness and patience helped make an unbearable time in my life easier. He never rushes me out of his office and always listens with a compassionate ear

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Tom Thomas is the best surgeon and physician. I give Dr. Tom Thomas the highest score possible. He did surgery on a tumor located in my sinus where it was cancer had to remove the left side of the roof of my mouth. He is VERY caring, comforting couldn't ask for a more CARING and understanding dr. explains everything in detail took the time to talk. I don't live by Dr Thomas I'm from another state I would travel anywhere so Dr. Thomas could treat me. I HIGHLY recommend anyone in need of a physician for head & neck to contact him. If it wasn't for Dr. Thomas I wouldn't be where i am today. He discovered the cancer before anyone did.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Tom Thomas is a first class, top-notch surgeon and physician. I was actually among one of the first of his patients at Dana Farber and received the upmost of excellent care. I went for a second opinion for my tongue cancer. I had already had a surgery with most all of the cancer cells removed but I went to him to ensure everything was truly cancer free. His primary concern was there wasn’t enough margin between the bad resected basil cancer cells and the good tissue of my tongue. Not only did he grant me sufficient conservative margin but he removed “the bridge” but taking out 47 nodes out of the left side of my neck granting me an extra insurance policy that it couldn’t infect the rest of my body. Not only am I 100% cancer free but Dr. Thomas used his previous plastic surgery skills such that there is virtually no signs of ever being operated on. I have full functionality of my tongue and can taste, whistle and talk as if nothing had ever happened. The only symptoms I get are an occasional dry mouth (some of my saliva glands removed) and it’s easier to bite my tongue if I eat too fast. Dr. Thomas treated “the total body care” and kept my wife and kids constantly informed of the status and explained all procedures on the way. We all felt truly confident and comfortable with his care. Post-operative care was superlative also as he took steps for my oral care, checked up on me regularly, and practically acted as my psychiatrist managing my stress levels. I highly recommend Dr. Tom Thomas for any head, neck Otolaryngology (Ears, Nose and Throat) care.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

After being referred to Dana Farber for a 2nd opinion, it was through the grace of God that Dr Thomas was my assigned doctor. Immediately upon meeting him, he put me at ease. He answered my many questions, while never sounding condescending. He equally asked me as many questions, trying to know ME as a person and not just as another patient. He is an exceptionally caring human being which is equally as important to me as his apparent experience and expertise. His calm demeanor, quick sense of humor ( desperately needed as a cancer patient!) and honest sincerity makes it a 'no brainer' to HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr Thomas. He is now and will forever be considered part of my family!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

I would like to give the utmost praise to Dr. Thomas and his team. I was referred to Dr. Thomas by my doctor in Maine who wanted my surgery to be performed by someone with more specialization and expertise in the field. Dr. Thomas performed a surgery for a squamous cell carcinoma on my neck area and today I am happily cancer free. I would recommend Dr. Thomas to anyone in need.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Dr. Tom Thomas's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal