Ratings for Dr. Tom Thomas

Phenomenal experience, would suggest to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

Dr Thomas did my parathyroid surgery. My recovery was excellent.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2018

I was sent to Dr. Thomas for the removal of my thyroid due to a thyroid storm. He explained the surgery and recovery in detail. and I had no surprises. Great bedside manners compassion, knowledge. Just all around great doctor. There are no words for how thankful I am that he was recommended to me for this surgery.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2018

Dr. Thomas has an excellent bedside manner. He takes his time to explain everything to you and answer all your questions. I feel very comfortable with him and referring him to anyone in need of an ENT.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2018

I recently underwent surgery with Dr Thomas for removal of a Thyroid Glossal Duct Cyst. Much to our surprise, there turned out to be a malignancy in the cyst. Even though it was a common form of thyroid cancer in the early stages, Dr Thomas insisted on removing my thyroid within the week. Dr Thomas was highly recommended to me by my ENT and I'm forever grateful to her that I came to see him. I couldn't ask for a more patient, kind, knowledgeable and skillful surgeon. Every aspect of both my surgeries were explained completely and all my questions answered. It's only been three months, but my scar is barely visible. More important is the fact that my cancer was found early and is being treated, giving me an excellent prognosis.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr Thomas helped in facilitating my surgery with my Thyroid Cancer. He was very informative, thoughtful, caring and went out of his way in providing great service to me and my family. I would definitely recommend Dr Thomas to my family and friends. Thank you Dr Thomas!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

I was seeing Doctor Thomas for a reoccurring preauricular sinus cyst. I was so scared and nervous thinking about having another surgery. Dr. Thomas was very patient , informative, and helpful with answering all of my questions I had. He made me feel very comfortable with everything that was happening and the surgery went great. I wish he was a PCP because he would be my doctor for life. Strongly recommend for a good ENT surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

I was very impressed with Dr. Thomas and his staff. They were very kind and knowledgeable. They kept me informed during the entire process and updated my family while I was in recovery. The hospital impressively efficient, and kind. I particularly liked the follow up call the day after my out patient surgery. The 2.5 hour surgery went smoother than I could have hoped for. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I am writing this review based upon the experience of my 75 year old mother, who was referred to Dr. Thomas after a biopsy of a mass growing inside of her face came back as a basal cell carcinoma. Dr. Thomas took on a surgery that was considered so risky for leaving large scars and possible facial deformity that 2 prior surgeons turned it down, and instead referred her to Dr. Thomas. My mother happened to fall, breaking her wrist, & end up in the ER the day of her pre-op appointment with Dr. Thomas. He sent his wonderful nurse, Eileen Maldonato, to her bedside in the ER, and then stayed after hours to meet with her later that day. They went above & beyond the call of duty & calmed her fears! Dr. Thomas met with my mom & family members twice to discuss the surgery. He explained that his 1st objective was to remove the cancer while retaining function of the mouth and lip...this he accomplished with utmost skill. He wound up surgically removing a lot of cancer, including cancer in the nerve coming through the mandible bone, and the cancer wound up being a more serious, invasive squamous cell carcinoma. It was a complex surgery, a wide resection of right facial and lip squamous cell carcinoma, with an advancement flip reconstruction, but Dr. Thomas believes he got all of the cancer out, margins are clear. To be safe, he has recommended radiation of the jawbone to prevent recurrence. My mom said she feels very secure in Dr. Thomas' care & knows that he was the most competent surgeon to complete this difficult surgery successfully. Despite having had many stitches on her face and in her mouth, my mother's scars are already healing nicely, just one month post-surgery. We feel very fortunate to have Dr. Thomas treating my mother. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Dr. Tom Thomas is OUTSTANDING!!!! He was recommended by another doctor who told us we would not regret going to him and boy, was he ever right. A very dear family friend, in his early 80's, unfortunately had to have surgery to remove a 5.2 cm mass on the side of his face that was confirmed squamous cell carcinoma (this was left untreated by a prior doctor that said he got all of the cancer and did not). Dr. Thomas took such good care of our friend. He is a straight shooter, no BS and tells it like it is from the start and his beside manner is wonderful!!! He takes time, does not rush and cares for his patients! The patient in this case, at the end of today's visit, said, doc, I don't know if this is going to sound weird to you, but I love you!!! That speaks volumes! I would recommend Dr. Thomas to anyone that I know if ever there was a need. Dr. Thomas is an all-around great doctor!! We are lucky to have him and I for one am very thankful for him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Dr. Tom Thomas's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

MSP/BC Med