Ratings for Dr. Tom Thomas

I was very impressed with Dr. Thomas and his staff. They were very kind and knowledgeable. They kept me informed during the entire process and updated my family while I was in recovery. The hospital impressively efficient, and kind. I particularly liked the follow up call the day after my out patient surgery. The 2.5 hour surgery went smoother than I could have hoped for. I highly recommend Dr. Thomas.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I am writing this review based upon the experience of my 75 year old mother, who was referred to Dr. Thomas after a biopsy of a mass growing inside of her face came back as a basal cell carcinoma. Dr. Thomas took on a surgery that was considered so risky for leaving large scars and possible facial deformity that 2 prior surgeons turned it down, and instead referred her to Dr. Thomas. My mother happened to fall, breaking her wrist, & end up in the ER the day of her pre-op appointment with Dr. Thomas. He sent his wonderful nurse, Eileen Maldonato, to her bedside in the ER, and then stayed after hours to meet with her later that day. They went above & beyond the call of duty & calmed her fears! Dr. Thomas met with my mom & family members twice to discuss the surgery. He explained that his 1st objective was to remove the cancer while retaining function of the mouth and lip...this he accomplished with utmost skill. He wound up surgically removing a lot of cancer, including cancer in the nerve coming through the mandible bone, and the cancer wound up being a more serious, invasive squamous cell carcinoma. It was a complex surgery, a wide resection of right facial and lip squamous cell carcinoma, with an advancement flip reconstruction, but Dr. Thomas believes he got all of the cancer out, margins are clear. To be safe, he has recommended radiation of the jawbone to prevent recurrence. My mom said she feels very secure in Dr. Thomas' care & knows that he was the most competent surgeon to complete this difficult surgery successfully. Despite having had many stitches on her face and in her mouth, my mother's scars are already healing nicely, just one month post-surgery. We feel very fortunate to have Dr. Thomas treating my mother. Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Dr. Tom Thomas is OUTSTANDING!!!! He was recommended by another doctor who told us we would not regret going to him and boy, was he ever right. A very dear family friend, in his early 80's, unfortunately had to have surgery to remove a 5.2 cm mass on the side of his face that was confirmed squamous cell carcinoma (this was left untreated by a prior doctor that said he got all of the cancer and did not). Dr. Thomas took such good care of our friend. He is a straight shooter, no BS and tells it like it is from the start and his beside manner is wonderful!!! He takes time, does not rush and cares for his patients! The patient in this case, at the end of today's visit, said, doc, I don't know if this is going to sound weird to you, but I love you!!! That speaks volumes! I would recommend Dr. Thomas to anyone that I know if ever there was a need. Dr. Thomas is an all-around great doctor!! We are lucky to have him and I for one am very thankful for him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Recommended to Dr. Thomas from another highly regarded doctor. His staff was efficient and friendly. Condition: non-cancerous tumor on the parotid. Dr. Thomas answered my questions and prepared me perfectly. Surgery went off with zero issues. Recovery has been excellent. Dr. Thomas is worth every bit of the 5 star review. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I was sent to Dr Thomas for a skin cancer on my face by a dermatologist. From the minute he walked in to the exam room, his warmth and friendliness put me at ease immediately. I felt cared for and in the presence of someone who was going to lead me where I needed to be. Very patient and easy to talk to and felt that he would take the time to answer any and all questions I would have. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. He is a warm and caring Doctor who I felt in exceptionally good hands with.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Thomas. I had a tumor on the parotid salivary gland, which needed to be removed. I was very nervous about this, but Dr. Thomas made me feel at ease. The surgery & recovery went very smoothly, the scar is not noticeable & the tumor was benign. Dr. Thomas is an excellent physician/surgeon and he has a wonderful bedside manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs to have head or neck surgery. He is a very caring & compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Dr. Thomas examined me and found a small spot on my tongue. He preformed a biopsy and it was discovered to be malignant. Dr.Thomas explained in detail to me the next steps which included surgery to remove the cancer. He was compassionate and answered all my questions and my concerns. Thanks to him, I'm recovering nicely and my cancer has been removed. I have found Dr. Thomas to be very professional and an extremely skilled surgeon. He has compassion and demonstrated the willingness to listen.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

He is a thoughtful and thorough Surgeon who takes his time to explain things to me.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Great overall experience. The most important thing during these scary illnesses is the Trust in your provider. From the first visit itself he earned the trust and guided us through out very well.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

I saw Dr. Thomas because I had a enlarged thyroid and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I was actually having a hard time swallowing. I ended up needing to get the left side of my thyroid out, and the incision is very minimal. Dr. Thomas is very good doctor and surgeon. He has a great bedside manner and I would recommend him to anyone in need of head and neck surgery.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Tom Thomas's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

MSP/BC Med