Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Oucharek

she was really UNHELPFUL, just wasting my time to see her! Always told me there was nothing to be done. Late every time.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Had an almost two hour wait for this doctor while she went for lunch at my scheduled appointment time. When she was finally able to take herself away from her me time she really was unhelpful, didn't offer much in the way of advice other than "a hernia repair might work, might not" and "I didn't even know we did those" in reference to a specific endoscopic procedure I asked about. I second the reviews from 2011/12. This doctor seems a little immature, for not being THAT young, and certainly NOT someone I will have operate on me. Back to my family doctor for a new referral.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I have had 2 surgeries performed by Dr Jennifer Oucharek. I agree with the previous comments about the efforts of Dr Oucharek and the OR team to make the patient comfortable in OR. The peak of anxiety is in entering the room and laying on the table and the conversation helps to focus on something other than the impending surgery. I've seen some nasty surgical scars however Dr. Oucharek's incisions are very cleanly done and have healed nicely which is very important to me. What I have learned is that surgeons are very busy performing necessary procedures in the hospital and it can be difficult to see them immediately. It is important to have a good family doctor who can deal with issues or if the problem is very serious to be seen in emergency. With the assistance of Dr Oucharek and my family doctor, I've received exceptional care. In my opinion, Dr Oucharek is a skilled and compassionate surgeon with excellent follow up and I'm happy to have been referred to her.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2014

The doctor was very good at examining and explaining the procedure of the operation.The end result as great!.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

I found Dr. Oucharek to be very professional, informative, detailed, polite and an active listener. Her office and surgical suite communications were detailed and her interactions pre-anaesthesia in the OR were exemplary. I have had many operations and this is the first time I felt complete trust and even had a smile on my face before "lights out" and the surgery started. Dr. Oucharek introduced the OR team, their roles and what to expect pre and post surgery at ST Pauls Hospital. I was included in her direction to staff and was made the centre of attention, not objectified in the midst of noise as in past OR experiences. Post thryroidectomy (June 2013)several Doctors have commented on the very hard to see operative site.One stated I had "a great surgeon who took a lot of care producing an esthetically pleasing hardly visible scar". He pointed this out to 3 med students in the exam room. Highly recommend Dr. Oucharek for throidectomy surgery. Keep up the great practice!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I was so blessed to have Dr Oucharek do my emergency surgery.She made me feel relaxed and the surgery was a complete success.I highly recommend her as a Doctor who has compassion and willing to take time for her patients.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

I just had a hernia repair surgery done and was so impressed with how attentive Dr Oucharek was even though it was a fairly minor surgery. She addressed all my concerns and made sure I was comfortable with every decision that was made. She is very friendly and confident and all my experiences with her, the office staff, and the hospital staff were very positive. I would recommend dr Oucharek whole heartedly.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

I recently required a surgical procedure that was carried out by Dr. Oucharek. Her care and attention before and during the procedure was excellent. In explaining the surgery she provided me with a first class comfort level. My follow up appointment with Dr. Oucharek some weeks later was equally very positive. It is clearly apparent that her principle focus is her patient to whom she directs all her skills, care and attention.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. Oucharek had a hard time reading my MRI and told me there was nothing to be done. Now 2 years later with the same problem I was told by my new surgeon that I should have had the surgery 2 years ago. She is young and inexperienced and was offended when I asked any questions she obviously didn't know the answers to.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Very young, not very knowledgeable. Seemed very unsure of herself. Was rude with office staff that had to interrupt the appointment. Seemed more worried about her wardrobe that her patient. Wouldn't recommend such an inexperienced surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011