Ratings for Dr. Veronica T. Lerner

I am completely in love with Dr. Lerner! She's an exceptionally talented, smart, and caring Dr. who is beyond patient with her patients. When I met Dr. Lerner I'd been having pronounced anemia issues for a few months without seeing anyone who could diagnose why. When I finally got it narrowed down to GYN fibroids, I saw a few GYNs (before finding Dr. Lerner) who offered no treatment options other than hysterectomy (and at 32 years old, that wasn't an option). Calling Dr. Lerner's office not only did she squeeze me in for an urgent office visit, but she also spent all the time I needed explaining treatment options, outcomes, potential complications, and long-term prognosis. She and her staff got a minimally invasive surgery scheduled and approved with insurance in less than two weeks, and now after an easy few hours at the hospital today for the procedure I am fibroid free, with fertility intact! No incisions, virtually no post-op pain. Dr. Lerner took what had been a scary few months of medial uncertainty and quickly transformed it into a bright outlook for a healthy future. I couldn't be more appreciative and grateful!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

she is one of the horrible doctors that I ever met. Very arrogant. After the first meeting, I felt awful and she treated people in a disrespectful manner. Horrible horrible experience

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Lerner for a hysterectomy. During my first visit she reviewed my record and gave me suggestions of what can be done. When I opted for a hysterectomy she explained the procedure in detail and answered any questions I had. She gave me options as to a surgery date and saw me again prior to surgery to review everything. Her office staff was very helpful in assisting me get the paperwork completed I needed for work. The surgery day went great. She again reviewed everything and held my hand and talked to me while I was being set up with anesthesia . The surgery was a success. I went home the same day. Took Percocet only two times and was able to control light pain with Aleve. At my post-op appt. she asked how I was feeling, answered my questions and explained what to expect in the coming weeks. I am totally happy with her as a Dr. And highly recommend her. Surgery date: May 19,2014

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Veronica Lerner due to Endometrial Fibroids and needing surgery. I did as her colleague suggested and contacted the office the next business day. I was told by a member of her office staff (not exactly helpful and on the flighty side)if I did not hear from the office by 11am the following day, to call their office. This young lady asked if I was a patient. I said "Yes, I am a patient of one of her colleagues". I explained what the issue was, she looked up my file and as we discussed, I would call the following morning. Having called the following day (as instructed) I called 3x (the office is supposed to open at 9am but no one answered the phone until 11:30am). When I finally received a call back, the disinterested office worker seemed a) disinterested in my phone call b) asked me "What do you need to have done" and c) Said "I am sorry but we cannot retrieve your records" I said perhaps I should speak with the Office manager who pulled up my files yesterday!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

My first office visit with Dr.Lerner , was regarding my endometriosis, she had horrible bed side manner, and no compassion for what I was going through. She referred me to a provider that she said took my insurance, who ended up really not taking it, and then I got stuck with the $500 bill, when I told her she said it was my fault?? But you told me to go to him. When I asked for help with getting my medical records, her reply gets your parents involved if you cannot handle it, then explained to her it was per the hospitals request not mine as a request from a doctor is taking more seriously. Her last email to me was your surgery is canceled, good luck! Because I asked her why I would now need two surgeries, think a simple explanation would do, god forbid you ask questions about their treatment. She was nasty the hole time, and in the end did nothing to help she wasted two months of my life that I have now gotten sicker and now have to find another doctor, do not go to her save the hassle which someone saved me mine.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Lerner is a fantastic surgeon and caring doctor. I would recommend her to anyone. She performed a complete hysterectomy a few weeks ago, and i'm already on my feet and feeling 100% - She is a 10 out of 10

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012