Ratings for Dr. Matthew M. Schultzel

Dr Schultzel was amazing he was caring, compassionate and very professional. I appreciate all he did to help me with my medical problem and I am now back to normal. I am so appreciative of him and his staff. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2019

Dr. Schultzel performed a robotic gall bladder surgery for me this April (2019), and I am very happy with his work and the results. I had been experiencing severe stomach pains for over a year, and my previous doctors were unable to locate my gall bladder, thinking it had been removed. But Dr. Schultzel was able to find and remove it. Within a week I was back to my everyday activities. Dr. Schultzel's staff was also very professional and compassionate.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2019

There aren’t enough adjectives to describe my positive experience with Dr. Schultzel and his staff. He is warm and very attentive. Did a great job explaining the surgery in terms I could understand. Most of all they were very supportive of me before, during and after the surgery. A BIG thank you to Emily for always being there when I called with questions and concerns! YES, I highly recommend Dr. Schultzel.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2019

I've had multiple abdominal surgeries, and my experience with Dr Schultzel was by far the best. He is warm, attentive, caring, and most importantly, a gifted surgeon. I had to have two robotic surgeries within 6 weeks of each other, and the recovery, while painful, was seamless. His staff, especially Emily, is attentive and caring as well, and pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2019

Dr. Schultzel was focused on me as a patient when I consulted with him. He explained the procedure in detail and was very good at answering any questions or concerns I had. He was thorough. He was friendly and also energetic about his profession, which I liked. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

There are not enough words to convey my gratitude for Doctor Schutzel. In December of 2017 I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and was referred to him by one of his colleagues who said, he was one of the best in the country. From the first time my husband and I met him we know he was the right surgeon for me. He explained all the possible scenarios in a manner we could understand and always allowed time for numerous questions at each visit. He stood by me with kindness and encourgament as I went through treatment. He removed what was left of the tumor in June of 2018 and equipped me with a temporary ileostomy bag. Then once again he stood by my side with encouraging words and more endless questions as I went through additional chemo treatments. In March of 2019 he reversed my ileostomy. His skills and talents left me with tiny scars and almost no pain after each surgery. He was a God send for me an my family. I would recommend him as your surgeon. Thank you Doctor Schultzel. Cheryl Was this helpful?

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

Matthew Schultzel was a life changer. I was living in pain everyday for 8 months and Dr. Schultzel did his work and now I am pain-free. It's as if the pain was never there to begin with. I am forever grateful and highly recommend this man. He is very personable and not once was I intimidated by him. He is a great, talented doctor. Thank you again, Dr. Schultzel. I appreciate everything you did for me.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2019

I would highly recommend Dr. Schultzel. Everything went exactly as he said it would from Surgery thru recovery.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2019

I just had surgery in Feb with Dr. Schultzel and I can say that he was helpful and full of advice on do's and don'ts as well as diet to plan with. The best Doctor and most experienced I have worked with in a long time concerning the issues I was going through with for a year after seeing doctor after doctor with no resolution. I appreciate the helpfulness and checking on me by the staff as well. A great doctor who sits pretty high with the knowledge and experience !!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

Great physician and surgeon; had a very good surgical experience with him

flag | Submitted January 25, 2019

Dr. Matthew M. Schultzel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Happy to provide care for General Surgery diseases as well as specialty care for diseases of the colon, rectum, and anus.

• English

• University of California San Diego (Grad. 2005)
  • Touro University (Grad. 2010)

• Colon cancer