Ratings for AMY R. Skeen Anderson

Dr. Amy Anderson has been my counselor for a number of years. She truly has a heart for her profession! Amy is an intuitive listener - combining knowledge and insight with her sincere, compassionate nature. Our work is helping me navigate the challenges of long-term PTSD. Dr. Amy has an exceptional way of illustrating how trauma affects the mind, body, and spirit. I am learning to use particular techniques to “stay grounded and recover my balance” when circumstances feel emotionally overwhelming. Dr. Anderson creates a safe and supportive environment for her clients. Although the sessions may be hard and even exhausting, I am blessed by the progress I’m making with Dr. Amy Anderson and our appointments take top priority in my schedule!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2019

Dr. Anderson has made a phenomenal impact on my son. He has been seeing her for 3 years now and his self esteem and social skills have flourished. He is driving and considering getting a job; both are huge milestones for an Aspergers kid. This growth wouldn’t have been possible without Amy’s help.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2019

Dr Anderson is incredible! She is professional, and talented. She has been an integral part in my healing process the last two years. I’m impressed by her level of knowledge; compassion to help heal and work with me through past personal and family challenges. (Anxiety, Depression, low self confidence, family co-dependency, guilt and shame, past sexual and emotional abuse, work place challenges, etc.) I looked for a therapist that offered tools and that would make me feel comfortable with my life challenges. After seeing other therapists, Dr Amy was the one that made me feel comfortable and confident through her compassion. She offered tools early on in our sessions to help self regulate my emotions and actions and help articulate which emotions I was feeling. After a year of individual sessions, she allowed and created a safe space for me to share and do sessions with my family members. She taught tools to all of us that allows for more heart felt and honest conversations. It’s a pretty vulnerable place to be at to be 29 and in therapy with both my parents. However, we finally have communication tools that has helped our family dynamic and relationships. I’m beyond grateful to be in a place where I can say I am emotionally healthy and for all of the times I’ve left her office knowing I’ve broken through to a new level of understanding of my past and how I can change. Her front office staff is hospitable, kind, and extremely responsive. Booking appointments is easy and so convenient. I’m incredibly thankful Dr Amy is in my tribe for self healing and support. If you want more emotional freedom and breakthroughs, you need to work with her. She is the best.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

Dr. Anderson is a true expert in her field. Her guidance restored my relationship with my son and provided deep insight into my own personal narrative. I’m profoundly grateful for the grace, compassion and healing that Dr. Anderson has generously, lovingly provided to my family.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2019

Working with Dr. Anderson was life-changing. I started seeing her when I was in high school to deal with heavy alcohol abuse and codependency issues. Amy referred me to a treatment center to help me with my addiction and I am now coming up on two years of sobriety. I always felt so understood and heard in our sessions. The amount of growth and personal reflection that has come from my journey began with Amy. I cannot thank her enough for all she has done for me.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2019

Amy has been a key person in the restoration of our child. Struggling with anxiety and an eating disorder, our child continues to walk towards health and hope through Amy’s counsel, interventions, and encouragement.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2019

Dr. Anderson has honestly saved my life. I have been seeing her for over 2 years now and she has helped me to grow and overcome so many hurdles. I am so much more in love with life than I ever have been and I thank Dr. Anderson for guiding me so kindly along the way!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2019

I have been encouraging my daughter to visit a therapist for several years. She agreed to meet with Dr. Anderson one time and has now been seeing her two years. My daughter seems more confident, focused, and insightful. My daughter chose to continue working with Dr Anderson following a relocation to NY. I feel hopeful and happy and have referred multiple families as a result of our daughter’s experience.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2019

Dr Anderson takes pride in what she does. I have been a patient for about 2 years and have loved every minute of her! She is very personable with her patients and can help with everything going on with life! I have trust and abandonment issues & I'm on the autism spectrum so I have everyday challenges with that as well! Patient priority is number one for her. She is very experienced with her career, and loves a challenge!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I am thankful for my referal to Dr. Anderson. I have grown so much in a year. I feel heard, understood, and I walk out each week having grown.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018