Ratings for Dr. Stephanie M. Purinton

All my friends reccommended her to me and said that she was the best... well I seem to think otherwise. I feltvery unwelcomed and judged by her because I was yound and overweight and she seemed to bring this up at every appointment. She seemed slightly stuck up and II've met a few people, even a nurse and pharmacist that agreed with me. I loved Dr. Reed though. He performed my c section and he was very kind and even came to check on me. Oh I forgot to add. She persuaded me into induction by telling me she would do everything in her power to prevent a c section. I was fully dialated after 24 hours of hard labor because the Dr that gave me the epidural missed my spine 6 times and STILL put it in wrong. She checked me once then talked me into a c section. She seemed unsupportive and unwilling to listen. I mean I was fully dialated baby just wouldn't drop. Horrible painful experiance. She seemed like she was burdened by caring for me even in the hospital after birth. DO NOT reccomend!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Totally let down by my experience. Many friends had rave reviews for her. I never felt welcomed in her office- I felt tolerated. At 35 weeks I decided to change care providers due to a comment from one of her staff, it was unprofessional and rude. I was informed about my care in the hallway of the office- in earshot of the other staff (not involved in my care) and other clients. This is a violation of HIPAA. I am more let down that my first pregnancy was such spent going to a place were I felt so uncomfortable for so long because I felt I HAD to.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013