Ratings for Dr. Gary S. Hirshfield

Dr. Hirshfield performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes, 3 weeks apart. My vision is 99% perfect now, ( I only require reading glasses), thanks to his surgical talent. He is absolutely top notch; low key and very professional in his manner, answering questions fully, and as a patient in his care, I found the way he touched my eyes very reassuring.... gentle, yet firm. I felt absolutely no discomfort before, during, or after each of the two surgeries, which only required less than 15 minutes apiece in the operating table. His staff is kind and knowledgeable, as well. I would recommend him highly!!!!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

This is a very professional operation. The staff was excellent. Dr Hirshfield was pleasant and a total expert. I recommend him and his practice 100 per cent. I did have to wait 15 minutes past my appointment and the whole visit with dilating my eyes took almost an hour and half but it was VERY thorough.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

I was very pleased with the excellent service and outcome of Botox injections I received from Dr. Hirshfield. I received injections from other doctors but Dr. Hirshfield was the most gentle, thorough and attentive. I will definitely use him again!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

I had laser vision correction with Dr. hirshfield 1 month ago and now I am so happy that I can see perfectly without glasses- I went to several practices but I had most confidence in Dr. Hirshfield and I am so glad I did. He is very nice and professional. I am very satisfied and will send all my friends.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Very knowledgable and thorough- best eye doctor I ever went to

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I read the reviews here and i am suprised. I came to dr hirschfield because i wanted a multifocal ctaract surgery. he explained that I had dry eyes and the beginning of macular degeneration and he advised me against multifocal because he said the quality of my vision may not be good- another dr tried to sell me a multifocal but i believed dr. hirshfeild Dr. Hirschdield recommended monovision and he did both operations and now i can see everything withour glasses and i didn;t have to pay xtra.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

This opthalmologist was very kind and spent a lot of time explaining my problem. The staff and office were also very nice. I was very happy.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

This doctor is not helpful in any kind of way. He is very rude with his patients, always in a hurry, doesn't listen what the patient has to say and goes to assumptions. He doesn't know much about people's concerns and doesn't know how to take his time to know the patients concern. His behavior is very inappropriate with patients and I heard many people stopped going to him. Whom ever is thinking of going to Dr. Hirshfield you should find another doctor. I don't recommend anyone going to him this doctor either should stop being a doctor or go back to medical school.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

I know this doctor because many of my custo,ers see him. I am an optician in Queens. His patients are al;wasy very happy and hiow glasses prescriptions are usually perfect. recently I went to see him for my own eye problems and I can tell you he is one of the smartest and most compassionate doctors ZI ever met.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

Dr. Gary S. Hirshfield's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Fresh Meadows, NY