Ratings for Dr. Annapurna Bhat

Even with a "first appointment" I waited for over an hour. She is a good doctor, but she needs to learn that she can't keep disrespecting people like this. The waiting room is atrocious and the seating is very uncomfortable. I will not return - oh by the way, I have been a patient for many years but today was her last chance. There are other Rheumatologist on the south side, I will find another one. There should be a negative number in the punctuality category.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Bhat since March of this year and not once have I received a statement or a bill showing a balance of any kind. Yet I was called to window and told I had a balance that I knew nothing about. I was told statements were sent out on such & such date.....doesn't matter --- I didn't get one nor have I ever! I honestly don't believe they send out statements. How else would you explain that I have never received one. Not even one showing a zero balance......Also --- wanted me back every month and billed my insurance enormous amounts in blood work. Seemed to be determined to diagnose me with Lupus as it was mentioned at every visit. I never received a copy of any lab work and when I did ask for a copy - it took three days to get. Currently I've been on 10 days and counting (with no help from her office which by the way is almost impossible to get a return call) to get a prescription for Humira called in......10 DAYS AND NO ONE HAS RETURNED MY15 TO 20TH CALL to get it resolved. I called yesterday and left 3 messages and two numbers. As of today ------ not one word. EXTREMELY poor office procedures. Seeing a new doctor next week. Bet I get a statement in the mail from Dr. Bhat's office now!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Lab work every month with no help. Just keeps prescribing meds then more lab work. Going to see new dr.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I Have been seeing Dr. A. Bhat for about 4 yrs. She is very nice but seems alittle Timid. And doesnt really give good info on the diagnosis. She just orders tons of Lab work, and wants to see you every month. Yet everytime, i go back to see her, they SAY I have ,NO MORE VISITS ALLOWED BY MY INSURANCE!!!!! This is FRUSTRATING! The waiting rooms are Dirty , the Chairs are Filthy as can be and I dont like going because I dont like the uncleanliness of the rooms either. The Equipment is WORN OUT & OLD!!!!!!! This Office is a MEDICAL DISASTER waiting to hit the news!!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

I never made it out of the waiting room to see the doctor. Today was my first visit. From the moment I walked into the office I knew I was not staying. The chairs in the waiting room were shoved up against the wall and above each chair was a greasy dirty hair stain. As I looked into the window of the receptionist - I saw 3 stacks of patient records about knee high (no filing cabinets), the receptionist's desk was messy with papers strewn about. I was very turned off by the three piercings in her face. Next to the receptionist window was a note (which by the way, did not look like it had just been put up) - stating the debit machine was down and payment would need to be check or cash - then stating new patients would need to pay cash. I explained to the receptionist I didn't have cash - what was I to do - she stated I would need to pay cash. I leaned in the window and told her the following: "This doctor has horrific reviews, long waiting times, the office is filthy and the final straw was the 'cash' only sign for new patients - please give the doctor my message; I would not be having her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I saw Dr. Bhat about 3 years ago. All she said was I had Lupus which turned out to be false. My second opinion was shocked at how far off she was, I have diabetes. We have always had insurance now they keep sending me a bill and calling saying I owe them 500.00 dollars. No way I have always had insurance with a copay. What a mess. Even the insurance company keeps telling them I don't owe them. Never would recommed this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

I was very unhappy with Dr. Baht the wait time was over an hour, she never confirmed what was wrong. I asked her why the wait time was so long she said to ask the office assistance, who informed me that dr. Baht wants to see forty patients a day. I requested a copy of my medical records and to this date I have not received them. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

When first diagnosed with a problem Dr. Bhatt recommended a medication that could have potentially killed me. I happened to have gotten a second opinion who immediately stopped the meds and prescribed others. On the next app I explained that I did seek a second opinion while still awaiting her diagnosis (That I did not get after 6 visits) and she abruptly ordered me out of the office as she could no longer offer her services. Maybe the second opinion was ment to be as they found problems with one set of tests unlike the 7 others that Dr. Bhatt ordered. The doctor is very kind as long as you don't seek other care and after my experience, could not recommend her to any one. The wait exceeds 2-3 hours and another 30-45 Min after put into a hazardous room. This experience has forced me to know more about my body than she could ever tell me.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2010

I have seen this doctor for more tham 10 years and always had good results.Doctor is very kind,great doctor and helped me in walking and functioning better with my rheumaoid arthitis/I have been driving from Alabama to see her all these years and recommond her to all patients.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2009

I can relate to many of the comments made by prior patients. I did not have a good experience at all with this Doctor and subsequenlty resulted in me transferring elsewhere. I am just dissapointed in myself that it took a year worth of frustration for me to have the courage to look for help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008