Ratings for Dr. Richard T. Vagley

Listen to the reviews - do not use him! Unfortunately, I didn't look him up on the internet. I had a breast augmentation in 2008 and he butchered me. I have HUGE scars. Didn't use dissolvable stitches.. why??? It was supposed to be in the breast fold - but looking on from the front you can see the scars. It's huge, and a keloid on both. He ripped out my stitches and left little holes which were bleeding for days. My breasts also bottomed out. Also, he would only do over the muscle - even though now after doing my research (in hopes of paying another Doctor correct his mistakes) - I see that it isn't best. I kept pushing to go underneath because I am petite, but he wouldn't do it. I assume it's easier for him. He did have huge hands - and made the pocket on one of my breasts way too large. They both go deep into my side when I lay on my back - causing pain. The scarring also causes me shooting pains to this day! Research him. I just found he has 15 malpractice cases against him, among many, many complaints of patients. You may think it's cheap, but years later you will be paying another Doctor to fix it. Also, when I contacted him a few years back to get the information on my surgery (size of implants) he just made excuses. Never his fault of course. AVOID! Please!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I met with Dr. Richard T. Vagley on October 15. 2013. He answered my questions and insisted on providing written communication for the meeting before and after the initial consultation. I am looking forwarded to have surgery November 15, 2013.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

Dr. Vagley always gave his best, was there when needed – was compassionate and caring always. He answered all questions, researched and provided information. I trust Dr. Vagley 200% and I regularly discuss and recommend him to anyone considering any type of plastic or reconstructive surgery. K.J. Irwin, PA

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

In my meetings with Dr. Vagley, I have found him to be a doctor who has always been perfectly on time with regard to appointments. He has gone above and beyond by proactively following up with me after our meetings, and I have found him to be extremely accomplished in his knowledge of cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Thank GOD I read reviews about this guy. He's suspended from practice in the state of Maryland (vitals.com). I did consult with him for free and his claim to not fixing surgerys after the surgery is because anything that happens is not his fault, its the patients, and that there are never any problems with breast augmentation surgery. Never mentioned rippling, or clotting, which another doctor I saw him, did. That other doctor says that they fix it for free all surgical costs included. If you look around you might save a couple hundred going to Dr.Vagley but I doubt it will be worth the few thousand you'll probably be paying after to fix his mistakes. Makes me sick to think anyone might go to him and not read these reviews.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

This is not a Dr of Plastic surgery but a DR FRANKENSTEIN. Dr Richard Vagley has disfigure my face which will cost me much much more to fix what his so called 37 years of experience has done.Dr Richard Vagley will lure you in with his elequent words an say all the words you want to hear just so he can get his greedy heart on your money. Then when the surgery is over you are left wiht what Dr Richard Vagley felt you needed done. When you see the horrific job Dr Vagley has done it breaks your heart. When Dr Vagley is questioned on the surgery done he shows his evil heart with no compassion but knife welding words to add more insult on the tremendous stress and heart ache of a botch surgery let alone all the money wasted at the hands of a unskilled so called Plastic Surgeon. Never come to him ever no matter what he says or how low his prices may be for in the end you will be paying 4 times as much to fix his reprehensible plastic surgery skills done on you.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

very very very bad breast job never never never go see him

flag | Submitted August 15, 2006

Dr. Richard T. Vagley's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1968)