Ratings for Dr. Andrea H. Diamond

Andrea was our midwife in the birth of our son Hillel. From the beginning pregnancy and until the 6 week visit after the birth, she accompanied us and Surrounded us with love and care. The birth itself was an amazing experience, and we could not ask for a better midwife. Andrea was attentive and sensitive, and gave us the space we needed and at the same time, the support and sense of security we wished for. Thank you Andrea!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Andrea. I loved the warmth and caring, along with her extensive knowledge and confidence in the birth process. We also felt secure that we could trust Andrea with the safety of our birth with the proper planning, proactiveness and experience. Andrea was available to us whenever we needed her. Coming to my home after 36 weeks was so so so helpful for me.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Andrea Diamond was the midwife I was looking for. In the past I had a bad experience with a midwife, something happened during my pregnancy and couldn't get in touch with her so I ended up in the emergency room. The fist thing I was looking for this time was to find someone reliable and trustworthy. Andrea was definitely the right person. She is very professional, always on time and extremely reliable. When I had ant questions big or small, she would get back to me right away. In the middle of my pregnancy, my insurance decided to drop me and beside that stressful situation Andrea stayed professional and supportive. I highly recommend Andrea to any couple considering home birth. She is extremely reliable and comforting.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

When we got pregnant, my husband and I knew we wanted to have a homebirth. We wanted no interventions or medications, and we wanted our daughter to be in our home from moment one. We are so grateful to have found Andrea. She is an incredibly calming and assuring presence. We felt so suppported and well cared for every step of the pregnancy. Andrea really worked WITH us to make sure we could have a healthy hypnobirthing experience at home, and helped us attend to any potential obstacles throughout without any sort of alarm or unnecessary stress. She really encouraged us to take initiative to have the healthiest pregnancy and birthing experience possible and because of that, and our hypnobirthing practice, we felt so prepared and confident going into our baby's birthing day. The birth itself (on 12/17/16) was an incredible experience. Andrea was so positive and assuring, which kept my husband and me calm and able to focus on bringing our daughter into the wold. One of the most amazing parts of the whole day was the way in which she guided me through active labor, with simple directions and reminders ("relax your face," "unclench your fist" etc), while being totally hands off and patient. As soon as my daughter was born Andrea placed her on my belly for skin-to-skin. Even when I had a postpartum hemorrhage and eventually transferred to the hospital, I knew I was in good hands and was so impressed with Andrea and Shalawn. The hospital staff also went out of their way to express how impressed they were with her treatment. Even with the unexpected trip to the hospital, the birth was everything I wanted, and my daughter was born healthy, strong, unmedicated and happily at home. I would absolutely recommend Andrea to anyone looking to have a gentle, natural birth and the best prenatal care possible.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

My homebirth journey started when doctors told me I couldn’t give birth naturally after my son was born through a C-Section. My son was born 9lb 9 ounces and doctors at the hospital said the C-Section was the only option. 3 and a half years later when I got pregnant with my daughter and I asked the doctors if I can have a natural birth, I have been given all sorts of excuses against it: my uterus can rupture, my pelvis is too narrow/small/unfit to have a VBAC, I would not be able to weather the pain without an epidural. This is when I started exploring the idea of a home VBAC. When I shared the idea with my family, my husband was not entirely on board with the homebirthing concept: he couldn’t understand why I wanted to try homebirth when there were so many “good” hospitals around. It took me a lot of time, discussions, YouTube videos and even fights to get him to warm up to the idea. I will have to admit I was pretty scared myself – you don’t hear of many home VBACs and discussing it with doctors can leave you frozen with fear. But once I got my husband and Mom to accept the idea I found new strengths to try it. A great point of support in this decision has been the midwife that we had chosen – Andrea Diamond. Discussing with her gave me the confidence I needed to push forward: she laid out all the risks that the procedure involved, explained what precautions we have to take to avoid any mishaps and simply the overall interaction with her gave my husband and I the confidence that we are dealing with a very knowledgeable and experienced medical professional. After we decided to hire Andrea’s help, we prepared for the big event as best as we could: got the birthing pool ready, listened to Affirmation recordings, took hypnobirthing classes and exercised. My contractions came one night during week 39, at 1am while I was sleeping. I sort of understood that my daughter would be coming that night. I called Andrea ~3:00am and she was by my side in less than 30 mins. My water broke soon after Andrea came and birthing started in earnest. By 6:20am my beautiful daughter – Andrea Silvia was born. She was born naturally in the birthing pool without any complications or medication. I was surprised myself how fast it had happened (having previously labored for 24 hrs with my son). Overall, I think having a home birth with Andrea Diamond’s help has been the best decision that I could have made: I gave birth at home, in a peaceful environment, surrounded by people I loved and trusted. Other benefits of homebirth that I enjoyed: a boost of confidence, avoiding depression (with which I suffered after my son was born through C-Section), faster recovery period and ability to breastfeed my baby right after her birth. In the end, I would like to recommend Andrea Diamond as an extraordinary medical professional, with great knowledge of her medical field. She truly shows passion for her profession and care for her patients. All in all, she is just a warm and caring human being and that is extraordinarily important when the critical moment comes – our family with remain endlessly grateful for everything she has done for us.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Andrea delivered our baby boy in December 2015. It was an awesome gentle hypnobirthing experience,both her and her assistant Shalwan (whom I had just met that day) provided the intimate homebirth environment that my husband and I were looking for, cared for our family as a whole and even cleaned up any trace of labor or birth in our bedroom. Andrea followed my pregnancy since week 20. She was very caring, involved and had the best recommendation from getting a doula to which kind of probiotics to get etc. She was the one who first suggested hypnobirthing and I'm so glad she did! It truly transformed my birthing experience and my life. She and her team at clearbill graciously worked on a payment plan with our family and stuck with us through many changes in our health insurance.. Andrea has the upmost respect for women's body. Being a health professionals and having witnessed plenty of births I knew I wanted an empowering experience, and only the necessary vaginal exams or interventions during the birth. When the time came and my surges began I felt confident in her care. During labor Andrea arrived to our home and patiently waited for me to dilate, I chose to wear a face mask and headphones to really get into hypnobirthing. I recall Peeking out of my mask and seeing her excited smile encouraging me through . She helped me deliver our baby boy after only 12 hours of hypnolabor! Thank you Andrea for forever changing our lives, you were truly Godsent. Needless to say our family is extremely satisfied. And if we are remotely close to New York City we will seek her services for future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Andrea delivered both my babies, one at the birthing centre in Brooklyn and one at home and she made both experiences wonderful. I felt so in control of my own experience, in both cases, bit particularly in the home birth she wonderfully facilitated the natural birth that I knew I was capable of, without fear, drugs or interventions. The most beautiful, natural experience.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I'm so grateful to have had Andrea as my midwife for the home birth of my daughter in November of 2014. We had such an amazing birthing experience and Andrea was a major reason it was so smooth. Starting from prenatal care, she would come to my home and make sure I was well and comfortable, always taking time to answer all my questions and concerns. When I was about 37 weeks pregnant my baby turned posterior, and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to birth at home. Andrea advised me on exercises to do before and during labor to help my baby turn to LOA, and when I was in early labor, my baby did turn to LOA! During the labor she was super professional, and yet kept her sweet and caring way of being, very sensitive to my needs and very respectful. The birth was an incredible and sublime experience! And having Andrea as my midwife gave me and my husband so much confidence in the whole process. Her assistant Gail, whom I only met during my labor, was also a great professional, plus a wise loving woman. Andrea's postpartum care was also great, she would always return my calls right away, making me feel secure. If I have another child Andrea will be my first choice for a midwife!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

My experience with Andrea Diamond as my midwife was nothing short of astounding and magical. She has a warm, compassionate, caring presence that is difficult to describe until you meet her. I remember feeling so at ease speaking with her at our interview because she was so knowledgeable and candid. We openly discussed her fees as well as the schedule for visits if we did choose her. It left me feeling empowered and committed to seeing a homebirth through to fruition. We quickly hired Andrea and she came to our home for each of our visits. She conducted each appointment in the comfort of our living room or bedroom. There was something so touching about hearing my baby’s heartbeat while nestled on my couch with my husband and our puppy close by. The entire process prevented me from being uneasy or apprehensive about doctor’s visits and helped to keep me in an ideal mindset for a happy birth. I was determined to treat my pregnancy as just that, pregnancy. Being pregnant is not an illness and I refused to treat it as such. The absence of invasive machines and cold, uninviting doctors’ offices continued to keep my mind at ease as weeks turned to months. As we neared our fourth month, Andrea suggested that Paul and I look into the Hypnobirthing Method as it seemed to parallel our overall approach and mindset regarding pregnancy. Andrea herself would be teaching the sessions and I found it so alluring that my midwife would be my childbirth class instructor, I signed up immediately. Our classes were scheduled to meet Monday evenings during the month of July. The Hypnobirthing classes helped to put into words exactly what Paul and I felt about our pregnancy and our plans for giving birth. Each week, our session felt like an escape from the hustle and bustle of life, a time to contemplate, with great purpose and anticipation, the birth of our first child. Hypnobirthing employed methods of deep relaxation that allowed my body to relax and do what nature intended when it became time to bring our daughter earth-side. Included in our materials was the Hypnobirthing book as well as a CD with a guided relaxation session and birth affirmations. I listened to the CD on repeat. The affirmations proved to be very helpful during the delivery of my daughter. All of the time I spent practicing deep relaxation paid off in abundance. I recall feeling a bit sad on our last in-home prenatal visit with Andrea: this would definitively be our final prenatal exam and I had grown accustomed to ourweekly visit. I was 41 weeks & 3 days. We made the decision to sweep my membranes in order to hopefully push things toward progression. The membrane sweep did the trick and at nearly midnight I was making the call to Andrea. Our hypnobirthing training was an unspeakable help in keeping me calm and focused on my task ahead. I did my best to relax in bed and cuddle while I waited for Andrea and her birth assistant. Time simply melted away as I focused on my breath and on speaking to my baby about the journey we’d soon be taking. I vaguely remember Andrea’s arrival, just about an hour after my call. She performed an examination which found me dilated to 8 cm. Around 4 a.m., I submerged myself into the birth pool and felt all the tension in my body just melt away. Andrea continued to monitor my progress in a way that was so unobtrusive. She moved with confidence and allowed my body to do what it was intended to do. I was fully dilated and began “pushing” through my surges around 5 am and my membranes released at 5:20. I remember the quiet encouragement of Andrea’s smile just outside the pool as she let me know it was time to breathe my baby down. You could almost feel the adoration for her job, and for our family in that moment. It’s a memory I’ll hold with me forever: to see my caretaker’s genuine happiness with the process of birth. This was why we wanted a homebirth. At 6:28 a.m. in my bedroom, my daughter was born in water, caught by her adoring midwife. She was immediately in my arms. We moved to our bed as a family and our daughter latched immediately. I delivered my placenta while in bed and all of our postpartum checkup requirements (for both myself and baby) were fulfilled in the comfort of that area. We chose to delay cord clamping, I sat and nursed comfortably in our bed for nearly an hour before the umbilical cord was cut. While we recovered, our bedroom was cleaned of all signs of birth. Andrea was careful to ensure my comfort and stability as well as that of my husband before she and her birth assistant left. I cannot express the gratitude my heart feels for Andrea’s incredible soul. She will forever hold a special place in the heart of my family. Our postpartum visits were filled with smiles and genuine love for each other. I can’t help but feel like the experience of birth was such a gift because of the gentle care I received from Andrea Diamond.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

In 1994 I had a successful homebirth in water. In 2007 I had a failed homebirth that resulted in a transfer to the hospital, which was a nightmare. In 2013 I got pregnant with my 3rd child and I knew I did not want to repeat my last experience. I took a hypnobirth course with Andrea and subsequently had an amazing homebirth with her. I can't imagine a better experience. My daughter's birth went exactly as I had envisioned it...better than, actually. I can't recommend Andrea enough. It makes me want to have more babies! Andrea is so soothing and gentle, yet firm. When I was doubting myself, she helped me dig deep and find the strength to keep going. She was also very good about making my husband feel valued and included. Andrea is also very thorough. She makes sure you understand everything that's going on and is very adamant about keeping mother and baby safe. I'm 42 years old and I wanted a water homebirth vbac, so you can imagine there was a lot to consider and many tests and hurdles to clear to be certain my baby and I would be good candidates for this type of birth. Fortunately, everything worked out and the birth was beautiful, without one single incident. I really recommend taking a hypnobirth class, as well. It was THE difference between my 2007 attempted homebirth (different midwife) going all wrong and ending up with an emergency c section in a hospital and this perfect, calm, peaceful homebirth with Andrea.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014