Ratings for Dr. Sarah H. Taylor

Sarah Taylor, Dem (not MD!) delivered my third child in 1992& my fourth & final in 1995. The births were my first and second homebirth & they were both awesome & amazingly different. Sarah never judged me-my diet, or my lifestyle, but always tried to help me be healthier gently. Like many midwives (and unlike to many OB-GYN's, she sat with me for 30-45 minutes at each visit, and never rushed me. She didn't mind when I invited my sister in law, mother in law, grandmother and my mom to my son's birth, (my first with her), and she let me eat and drink whatever I wanted in labor (although you might throw it up", she warned. Sarah saw the warning signs after my daughter was born, and called 911 when I appeared to be hemorrhaging. Although I didn't want to be transported to the hospital, she knew I needed at least an IV of fluids, and perhaps even a transfusion. She stayed with the baby when I was transported, and brought her to me when I had to stay a night. She advocated for me to not have my perfectly healthy baby admitted to the hospital, and was successful.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017