Ratings for Dr. Allison Bae

My family has been under Dr. Bae's care for more than 20 years. She has a unique combination of medical competence, ability to communicate, compassion and a calm nature which is in itself a form of treatment for her patients. Dr. Bae also recognizes the need for specialists, and has never failed to recommend a quality referral. Her office staff are knowledgeable and compassionate.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Allison Bae for 15 years. I have had a lot of health problems. Dr. Bae is amazing in prescribing the right tests to get a correct diagnosis. Dr. Bae is brilliant. She is also compassionate and kind and truly cares about her patients. I agree with her rating of the Top Doctors in the DC Metro area.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Bae is the most professional and compassionate doctor I have ever know. I have been a patient of hers for 10 years. I was struck by the reviewer who took exception to Dr. Bae's comments about a baby not being a toy. If you know Dr. Bae, you will realize that those comments were not intended to be condescending. Too bad the patient did not understand that.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Dr. Bae was my doctor for about two years when I came in for a pregnancy test. She came back with a positive result and told me "a baby is NOT A TOY AND YOU CANNOT RETURN IT TO A STORE"!!!! How inappropriate and condescending!!! She treated me as if I was not qualified to have a baby! I was 25, married, with great financial stability (and even if I wasn’t) who is she to judge? I will NEVER go back there. Prior to this incident, she was not too bad, but never really answered my questions fully which I did not see as a problem at that time. If you would like to be treated with respect avid this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Just came back from my and my husand's first(&last) visit. Today, Sep 09 2011, as you know we've been having heavy rainstorms with a lot of road closure - but we did leave early, had to take a long way around, and called them to notify that we could be a few minutes late due to these conditions. They never said anything on the phone but to come on in, so we kept on driving, and arrived 10 minutes late. AFTER filling all the forms, they told us that the doctor won't see us because we were late. WE CALLED TO LET THEM KNOW! If they had said on the phone, that we should reschedule we wouldn't have been this upset. This means that they didn't care to remember that we were the people who called that we would be late. And this is what they are like on our FIRST VISIT where they should make a good first impression? Don't know about dr's skills(duh, never got to see her) but staff are very rude and unprofessional. WE AREN'T GOING BACK AND NOT RECOMMENDING THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

The service levels at this practice have been going downhill steadily. The whole office seems to be set up to avoid communication with the patient (customer). Callbacks are requested but when you call, the front desk puts you into a voice mail. If you call during lunch, you can't leave a message. Had to wait at the pharmacy 1 1/2 hours while the pharmacist (!) called to confirm my Rx. Also, tendency is to order extensive (and expense) labs for routine exam of healthy young adult - but then you can't get the lab results because of the voice mail game. Have hung on for a few years, but have had it. Not returning, and don't recommend you go there.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr. Bae is a knowledgeable physician, and she does take the time to understand your physical condition. The problem is that her practice is poorly managed. Voice mail is the primary way that one interacts with her office, and call-backs are rare, if at all. Wait times are very long, both in the office and in the exam room. It often takes weeks to get in front of her. While Dr. Bae is a solid physician, I could not recommend her practice.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

It's impossible to speak to anyone who can help. And, they won't discuss test results over the phone, but it's impossible to get an appointment because their hours are so restrictive! I went in with a fever and a swollen lymph node, and Dr. Bae ignored those symptoms and decided I must be pregnant - she completely ignored my fever and swollen lymph node. Then, she sent me for a pregnancy test and they sent me on my way without figuring out my lyphe node/fever problem - when I called back later to ask about what I should do about it, Dr. Bae told me that I'm not pregnant. NO SH*#! Hello, what about my fever and swollen node? She doesn't listen, doesn't take time to do a good exam, and the office staff is less than helpful. Don't go there.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I too am baffled by the negative comments. I have been a patient of Dr. Bae for 9 years and have never experienced any of the problems listed in previous posts. I was battling the flu last week and was able to get a same day appointment. She diagnosed bronchitis and an ear infection and put me on antibiotics right away. I don't have any chronic conditions so I generally only see her once or twice a year, but she has been very agressive in my husband's multiple conditions, scheduling follow ups every 3-4 months to ensure he is on track. We specifically kept our insurance to stay with Dr. Bae even though my company raised the rates this year.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

I have been a patient for many years and in that time with Dr. Bae's help I have gone from 280 lbs. to 220 lbs. and am able to manage my Type II diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol so well that she has taken me off of all diabetes meds and reduced the others. I read the negative comments here and I just don't get it. If you listen to her and actually take it to heart and are consistent then its absolutely clear that Dr. Bae and her practice are top notch. She listens and provides a plan for wellness. Also, its not hard to get an appointment. She's so good that now my wife is a patient of hers. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Allison Bae's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1996)

Centene