Ratings for Dr. Courtenay E. Grabowski

We started our professional relationship with Courtenay through her childbirth education class, as our assistant midwife and then our midwife, and has continued 2 beautiful, empowering and wonderful homebirths (five years apart) and almost 9 years later as friends. I have always appreciated her vast knowledge on all things birth, Momma and baby related. She provides you ALL the information and affords you the respect and space to make your own decisions. What I have taken away from our relationship over almost a decade is that her heart and motivation is dedicated to helping her clients make educated decisions for themselves. She is there to help you facilitate those decisions and support you along the way. She balances empathy and compassion with facts and practicality. She will not sugar coat things. She gives you the information, makes sure she is up to date on all current information, and is 100% capable of handling anything that could arise. Her position is not to direct you as a family, but at the same time is prepared to handle unknowns. I appreciated this wholeheartedly and felt like I was in the most capable hands through both my pregnancies and births. She takes the time. She fields late night texts, calls and emails before and after, over and above what is included in the cost she provides.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Courtenay was my midwife for my second homebirth and I really cannot say enough good things about the level of care and expertise that she provides. She is so incredibly knowledgable about prenatal care, nutrition and health, breastfeeding, and of course birth and post partum. She goes above and beyond to be available to you and answer any questions to any problems or concerns you may have. Any ailment that I had I recieved the best advice and recommendations. She takes care of the whole woman, baby and family. She cares for your physical and emotional needs. At my prenatals I felt cared for completely so that I was the healthiest I could be, and I felt heard. At my birth I was calm because I knew I was safe, and my baby and I had the best most loving care possible. At my post partum visits Courtenay spent hours with me at many visits making sure myself and the baby were healthy mind, body and spirit. Again Courtenay is so knowledgeable on herbs, nutrition, breastfeeding and more so when issues came up I recieved only the best advice. Also she is very compasionate. Courtenay is always staying current and up to date by continuing to go to trainings amd workshops. I only wish I could give Courtenay more stars because she is such an expert at her job!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Courtenay will forever feel like a part of our family. She is attentive yet stern when she needs to be. My husband and I appreciate the birthing classes, assistance with breast feeding (because of her I am running 5 months strong EBF my son), and she all around cares about her clients and this shows. I talk often about our birthing experience and cannot thank Courtenay enough for her love and guidance. Still now if I reach out to her with random questions (I occasionally do) she is always happy to respond and help when she can. I happily refer her as often as possible and will do so as long as she practices.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I cannot say enough good things about Courtenay. She was our midwife for our first child and from the initial meeting to the birth, she was fantastic. I learned so much from her, and felt so much more informed, comfortable and knowledgeable throughout my whole pregnancy. This was entirely because of the insights she shared, how much she was invested in our baby (and just genuinely cared) and because of how detailed she was in walking us through everything for each appointment. Unfortunately we ended up transferring to the hospital after a long day of labor as baby turned transverse and wouldn’t come down. So she went HUGELY above and beyond our expected birth to try endless methods to get baby to turn but when we had to transport to hospital, she was by our side every single moment and lost an entire night of sleep essentially to help us through everything to bring our son home. She was right next to my husband at the hospital as my advocate, voice, and support person. I 100% don’t know what I would have done without her! I am SO glad I chose her as my midwife (and her team as they were also exceptional, truly passionate and kind) – we will definitely go with her again!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Courtenay was my midwife for my home birth of my 4th child. She was so much more then I could ever expect. Still to this day (3 years later) she is so helpful and caring of mine and my families well being. She allowed me to have the birth that I wanted and kept me the healthiest I have ever been with any of my previous pregnancy. She puts 100% tword each and every mother she works with . She actually cares and spends the time you need with her . She does not rush threw appointments and checks in frequently. I had no fear with her by my side at my birth like I did with my previous hospital births and my recovery with her help was way better then I could have expected. I would recommend her every time hands down. She also is amazing with breastfeeding and pre pregnancy issues.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Courtenay was my midwife for my homebirth of my first son. It went beautifully and I couldn’t ask for a better birth. Courtenay is so helpful with breastfeeding! If you want a strong breastfeeding relationship she is the person to go to!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Amazing! Courtenay went out of her way to take care of me before, during, and after delivery! She knew exactly how to address my needs and help me meet my goals! She had surpassed my expectations as I can still call or text at anytime and she will help me with any issue. I felt safe, cared for, and considered throughout my entire experience with her! I 100% recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

We hired Courtenay for support the birth of our 3rd child. Her support staff was very helpful and did most of the work. Courtenay was very casual about the whole event and gave personal excuses for not being able to perform "as usual". She communicated well over text messages but overall was unresponsive post birth. She does not handle paperwork well or at all. And allows her personal life affect her work. The birth went well but we felt that she was not completely "in it" with us. I could not say enough about her staff. They were awesome! We would not choose to use Courtenay again.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

We hired Courtenay as our doula for our second child. Best decision ever. Her knowledge and support for those seeking natural normal birth is beyond compare!

Submitted November 17, 2015

Though I was unable to have Courtenay at my birth, she has been my go-to for all things breastfeeding. I refer EVERYONE to her. She's always been able to help. I went from 3 months with my first to going strong at 9 months with my 4th and making it to 15 months with my 3rd, I expect to pass that now!!

Submitted November 5, 2015