Ratings for Dr. Courtenay E. Grabowski

We hired Courtenay for support the birth of our 3rd child. Her support staff was very helpful and did most of the work. Courtenay was very casual about the whole event and gave personal excuses for not being able to perform "as usual". She communicated well over text messages but overall was unresponsive post birth. She does not handle paperwork well or at all. And allows her personal life affect her work. The birth went well but we felt that she was not completely "in it" with us. I could not say enough about her staff. They were awesome! We would not choose to use Courtenay again.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

We hired Courtenay as our doula for our second child. Best decision ever. Her knowledge and support for those seeking natural normal birth is beyond compare!

Submitted November 17, 2015

Though I was unable to have Courtenay at my birth, she has been my go-to for all things breastfeeding. I refer EVERYONE to her. She's always been able to help. I went from 3 months with my first to going strong at 9 months with my 4th and making it to 15 months with my 3rd, I expect to pass that now!!

Submitted November 5, 2015

Courtenay is knowledgeable and responds quickly to requests for help and answers questions. She is highly regarded in her field and her professional services have helped me and many other women in the metro Detroit area achieve a natural birth,

Submitted August 3, 2015

Courtenay has always been just a phone call away for any questions or concerns I have. She was present at the birth of my son and her support gave me the natural child birth I wanted. Her advice is priceless.

Submitted July 28, 2015

Courtenay goes above and beyond in everything she does. She is passionate about natural birth and successful breastfeeding and helped me achieve both with both of my babies. She was available and helpful to me as both my doula and lactation consultant!

Submitted July 20, 2015

Courtenay was my doula for the birth of my twin girls. She is extremely knowledgeable and went above and beyond our expectations to advocate on our behalf during the 48 hours it took for our daughters to be born. After the birth, my health took a wrong turn and she was there for us to organize the care of my babies. Because of her passion for what she does, she made sure that everything was done so i could successfully breastfeed my babies even though I spent 2 weeks in ICU (my babies are 2 and are still breastfeeding!). I can only highly recommend Courtenay!

Submitted July 9, 2015

I can only give Courtenay the highest praise. She was my midwife for my third baby, a home birth. It was the most wonderful experience because Courtenay made me feel safe, comfortable, and relaxed. As I got to know her through my prenatal visits, I really began to see how extremely knowledgeable and conscientious she was as a care provider. On top of her expertise, she was always so warm, considering every aspect of my life into my care, and including my husband and children. It did not take long until I felt like I was just getting a visit from a good friend who also happened to be there to check the well being of both me and my baby. Courtenay was so careful to make sure we were both healthy and progressing as we should; she took much more time and care than I had ever experienced with anyone in an OB office, even the midwives there. The respect and treatment I received was unparalleled. I would never choose to see any other birth worker, and I constantly recommend Courtenay to as many people as I can. As a childbirth educator myself, I have had several students hire Courtenay, and they always thank me for connecting them. I give Courtenay my highest possible recommendation.

Submitted June 30, 2015

I can not express how caring, sweet, clam and KNOWLEDGABLE (evidence based to take back to a DR. if needed.) Courtenay is. There is truly not a single person I know who will give so much to help, support and be a friend to someone in need. she solved my daughters breast feeding issues in one visit (I was bleeding and in such pain I wanted to quit feeding!!) She is not a "in and out hope it works" kind of provider. She stays and talks with you as a friend and comforts you in your decisions. she will be sure you have learned what she is trying to teach you and that baby does what it needs to before she leaves you. Courtenay was also my birth educator and will be my doula for our next child. You can truly see that Courtenay loves her "work"! She has a passion to help women be knowledgeable and achieve the birth/breast feeding relationships that THEY want. you will not find someone more supportive, knowledgeable or caring to educate you or help you reach any birth or breastfeeding goal.

Submitted June 30, 2015

Courtenay was my doula for my second birth - a VBAC. She is one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever met regarding birth and breastfeeding. She explains and educates but allows you to make the best decision for you. At one point, the doctor wanted me to consider another c-section for failure to progress. After discussing my options with Courtenay, I elected to labor a while longer. I moved around to work the baby down, and I managed to get the VBAC :) Courtenay's quiet assurance, knowledge, and confidence in a woman's body were essential to my positive birthing experience.

Dr. Courtenay E. Grabowski's Credentials