Ratings for Dr. Courtenay E. Grabowski

Courtenay delivered my last two babies - the most beautiful home/water births I ever could have dreamed! I enjoyed so much not having to leave the house for pre-natal visits and Courtenay's knowledge is amazing. She is such a caring, wise and helpful person. She is truly available to help all the time and quick to give sound advice. One of my favorite things about having Courtenay as my midwife is her ability to stay calm in stressful situations. My daughter was born with the cord around her neck - no problems - Courtenay handled the situation perfectly. My son was born and just could not catch his breath - he was closely monitored and then Courtenay rode with us in the ambulance to the hospital. She was my rock. I love that she KNOWS what to do! I love Courtenay and would hire her again in a heartbeat if ever there were another little blessing from God.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

Best lactation consultant ever. Helped make nursing a breeze and is super knowledgeable about all issues relating to baby.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

In reference to CARE and KNOWLEDGE, Courtenay is 10 out of 10. Her birthing class is stellar, her experience makes you feel very comfortable, and she is a treasure chest of tips and tricks for all pregnancy side effects. I love her holistic approach, BUT, she isn't afraid to send you to a hospital for she understands and believes all medical professionals have their place - midwives and OBs. That was comforting because I knew that she wouldn't make a decision based on "home birthing is best" but would base decisions on my child and I's safety (what was best for us). There are many wonderful things Courtenay has to offer mothers and fathers seeking home births or hospital births.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Courtenay was an integral and cherished part of both of my births. As a double for our hospital birth she provided us with invaluable firsthand knowledge of the different midwife practices and birthing centers in the area to help find our best match. We found her, pretty far into our pregnancy when we had serious concerns about our OB and knew we wanted to switch but didn't know where to turn for a more natural experience. Her caring, confident and capable demeanor helped to ease our concerns about changing our plans so late. She made us feel comfortable, safe and in control. She did everything she possibly could to set us up for the best chances of the natural birth we wanted, even in a hospital. We took Bradley Method (husband coached childbirth) classes and prepared well, but nothing calmed me quite like Courtenay. She somehow read my mind every step of the way and knew just what I needed to help me relax through the contractions and gently guided me through the pushing stage to avoid tearing. We chose a homebirth for our second birth as we had no doubt that Courtenay would provide the very best care available. The prenatal appointments and care were far more thorough than my prenatal care had been through the OBs office. She, and her wonderful apprentices, came to our house for each appointment and chatted and cared for us like family. They never feel like rushed doctor appointments, they felt like wonderful visits with loved ones. The birth itself was just as planned - all natural, laboring however I wanted to, water birth, delayed cord clamping, etc, but most importantly, lots and lots of love. There was so much love in the room. They weren't just there to do a job. They took care of me and my baby with genuine love in their hearts. The feeling was palpable. It was exactly what a birth experience should be. The frequent postpartum visits provided much more care and guidance than I eve got from any doctor. And, again, it was a joy to share the love and joy for my baby with them. Between both babies, Courtenay's expert lactation consultant advice helped us to navigate through tongue-ties, lip-ties, shallow latches, mastitis, nursing strikes and food intolerances. It seems like it would have been impossible to have our two successful breastfeeding journeys without her. Courtenay is a true expert in all areas of pregnancy and babies. She will make you feel comfortable, important, heard, taken care of, and best of all, loved. We are so, so very grateful for her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

We hired Courtenay as our midwife for our first homebirth. She has a very calm and genuine personality that is easy to get along with. Her wealth of knowledge is amazing. I learned so much about natural health during our time together which I will carry for the rest of my life. She makes herself available to answer any and all questions with compassion. I very much enjoyed not having to leave my house for prenatal appointments and it was such a pleasure each time. She got me through a couple of stressful hiccups towards the end of my pregnancy and the birth went awesome. All in all I would absolutely hire her again.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Courtenay was my midwife for our firstborn, for which we had a homebirth. She is a wealth of knowledge and is fantastic to work with! She helped discover my food sensitivities during that pregnancy. The birth was the most amazing experience! I ended up however with a stuck placenta, and a massive, massive hemmoreage. She knew exactly what to do to help the bleeding stop. She very literally saved my life! I would choose her again and again and give her my highest recommendation!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Courtenay was supposed to be my midwife for the home birth of our 3rd child (my first two were born at home). Not only did she help me get settled in in Michigan (we moved two weeks before my daughter was born) but she diagnosed my preeclampsia on our intake visit and held my hand, literally and figuratively through the scary process of needing an early induction. I don’t know what I would have done without her. She made herself available to me and talked me through such a bewildering and terrifying time. She became my doula for the birth instead of my midwife and was an indispensable advocate during the hours after my daughter’s birth as well as a calm presence while I was laboring. I continue to be so thankful for her and am planning to use her again for the birth of our 4th child.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

We started our professional relationship with Courtenay through her childbirth education class, as our assistant midwife and then our midwife, and has continued 2 beautiful, empowering and wonderful homebirths (five years apart) and almost 9 years later as friends. I have always appreciated her vast knowledge on all things birth, Momma and baby related. She provides you ALL the information and affords you the respect and space to make your own decisions. What I have taken away from our relationship over almost a decade is that her heart and motivation is dedicated to helping her clients make educated decisions for themselves. She is there to help you facilitate those decisions and support you along the way. She balances empathy and compassion with facts and practicality. She will not sugar coat things. She gives you the information, makes sure she is up to date on all current information, and is 100% capable of handling anything that could arise. Her position is not to direct you as a family, but at the same time is prepared to handle unknowns. I appreciated this wholeheartedly and felt like I was in the most capable hands through both my pregnancies and births. She takes the time. She fields late night texts, calls and emails before and after, over and above what is included in the cost she provides.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Courtenay was my midwife for my second homebirth and I really cannot say enough good things about the level of care and expertise that she provides. She is so incredibly knowledgable about prenatal care, nutrition and health, breastfeeding, and of course birth and post partum. She goes above and beyond to be available to you and answer any questions to any problems or concerns you may have. Any ailment that I had I recieved the best advice and recommendations. She takes care of the whole woman, baby and family. She cares for your physical and emotional needs. At my prenatals I felt cared for completely so that I was the healthiest I could be, and I felt heard. At my birth I was calm because I knew I was safe, and my baby and I had the best most loving care possible. At my post partum visits Courtenay spent hours with me at many visits making sure myself and the baby were healthy mind, body and spirit. Again Courtenay is so knowledgeable on herbs, nutrition, breastfeeding and more so when issues came up I recieved only the best advice. Also she is very compasionate. Courtenay is always staying current and up to date by continuing to go to trainings amd workshops. I only wish I could give Courtenay more stars because she is such an expert at her job!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Courtenay will forever feel like a part of our family. She is attentive yet stern when she needs to be. My husband and I appreciate the birthing classes, assistance with breast feeding (because of her I am running 5 months strong EBF my son), and she all around cares about her clients and this shows. I talk often about our birthing experience and cannot thank Courtenay enough for her love and guidance. Still now if I reach out to her with random questions (I occasionally do) she is always happy to respond and help when she can. I happily refer her as often as possible and will do so as long as she practices.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018