Ratings for Dr. Irving I. Haber

Was sent to dr.death for wrist @ other pain. Seen quite a few doctors and specialist in my time this is by far the absolute worst I have seen masquerading as a doctor or human being. He didn't misdiagnose once but twice!! Then tried to blame his staff and me. Immediately tried to send me to surgeon saying I needed carpal tunnel surgery on both wrist. Luckily I returned to PCP and blood work was done showing low thyroid. Wonder how many he's misdiagnosed bet it's quite a few. He also lost the electrical test and sent someone else's to surgeon I never heard of. I was dumb could have been a major malpractice suit easily one. So I get sent a second time glutton for punishment I guess. He tells me I need pt I said family doct.said no been through that at least 6 time's wasn't helping. He proceeds to yell at me that it wasn't his therapy and his was like no other! I decided no more I wouldn't let this FAKE treat my dog. That his medical license hasn't been taken doesn't speak well for Indiana License Board. It isn't over yet by far wouldn't be suprised they don't go swooping in very soon to remove this imposters right to wreak havoc.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Common courtesy is something this staff knows nothing about. Talking to someone from their office is like talking to a 13 year old boy. They will also make judgements against you if they can't understand what you are saying. For instance, "I need to know if you sent over that paperwork or can switch my meds to something I can get." The response, "your just a drug addicted from Sullivan." Well the patient isn't on drugs that get you high or addicting... DON'T GO TO THESE IDIOTS!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

This doctor should lose his license! He over prescribes pain meds to pain pill addicts.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Haber for over 2 years and he has my upmost respect. I am a burn survivor with burns over 40% of my body. There is a wait to get into see him but it is well worth it. Dr. Haber and his staff are very compassionate and caring. I would recommend Dr. Haber to anyone who is in pain.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I was very impressed, I like how blunt he is, he is real and down to earth, he was never nothing but very helpful to me and tells it how it is, that's what I was looking for. His staff is awesome, especially the nurse you talk to that sits in there with him, she is very undetanding, they are funny and both made me feel very comfortable. I can't believe all of these bad reviews. If you want a REAL bad experience go see Lamb, lol THATS a bad experience. Lamb is very weird, he makes zero sense and his staff (especially the lady you have to talk to all the time Karen is very rude and a liar as well) Dr. Habor and his staff are a breath of fresh air after dealing with that mess of an office believe that. He was so helpful and good to me. My ONLY complaint is the chairs in the waiting room are uncomfortable, but everything good about him and his staff makes up for that. Yes the wait can be a bit long, but only because he takes the time to talk with his patients, he doesn't just write them what they want to get them out of there, he tries to help. So for me it is totally worth the wait.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I realize that pain management specialists are being slammed because of the DEA's crackdowns, and I appreciate that doctors are doing their best to deal with the sudden influx of patients, however, care is suffering badly. I often get to my appointments an hour early just because at each appointment I have a ridiculous amount of repeat paperwork to fill out. I don't think it appropriate to have page after page of psychiatric questions in an office of a doctor who is not a pyschiatrist or psychologist, and when I showed the papers to my therapist she was horrified. Anyone neuroatypical (such as having OCD, Aspergers or other conditions) could easily be discriminated against and mis labeled by the scope of these questions, or worse, be triggered into a distressed and unsafe state with long lasting negative impact. They are highly inappropriate. The office seating is very uncomfortable, and in my last several visits my wait time has exceeded 3 hours. I have been timing the actually amount of time spent with staff, I see the nurse for 3 to 5 minutes, and the doctor for LESS than 2. Last visit he stood in the doorway and spoke three sentences to me. I am having bad side effects with my meds that conflict with other critical meds, I have multiple health issues. When I voiced this problem with the nurse they behaved as though I had committed criminal behavior. Physical therapy was demanded, which is directly in contradiction with the instructions of the surgeon I have seen. I was told by him no physical therapy until surgery, and two pages worth of restrictions on how I can move or what I can lift or do physically. This was completely disregarded by dr. Haber, who has never looked at my MRI, Xray or any other test results, nor has physically examined me himself other than to run a wheel devise along my foot to see if I could feel it. I'm now being sent to consult with another doctor, this one has a better rating, I'm hoping for better care and to be able to transfer to him. Quality care is not happening with Dr. Haber. He is also rude, abrupt and while he has not done so with me, I have heard him cursing and saying incredibly inappropriate things to other patients. I suspect that the only reason why I have not met this treatment is that I have an open carry permit and utilize it since the neighborhood I come from is not a good one. I intend to notify medicare that I am not actually SEEING dr Haber at these visits, as well as file a complaint with the AMA.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Haber for over 5 years. I went in with a huge problem and he promised to help me as long as I complied with their policies. I have stuck to my end of the deal and he has helped me tremendously. I have gotten my life back because of Dr. Haber. When I first starting going to him, I was a mess! Because of Dr. Haber, I have become a stable member of society and have been able to function normally. I have been promoted several times at my current job and I am about to graduate from ISU with a bachelor degree. I have read some of these comments and they seem extreme and out of context. If you dont follow instructions and guidelines for the treatment plan he has set, then you are held accountable for your actions. You cant blame the Dr. for your own actions. There is sometimes a long wait time, but he likes to spend time with each patient assessing the overall treatment plan and decide on the best course of action. I think Dr.'s get a bad reputation because patients dont follow their advice or instructions and then get mad when they have to deal with their own actions. In my opinion, I think Dr. Haber is an outstanding physician and I personally appreciate all of his help. I advise you to give him a chance before making a decision based on reviews of patients who may not be giving all the details of a particular situation they encountered. There are always two sides to every story and unfortunately because of privacy laws, the doctor cannot give his side on these review websites.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Don't go to this Dr if u want to call him that. He never let's u get a word in is bipolar I'm sure. Last 3 times I've had to wait over four and half hours sitting in their hard wooden chairs and since laws change its worse. I have fibromy lupas deg arthritis spondelosis diabetic nerve pain three blown disc and more. Before him I've had injection electric nerve physical therapy u name it I've had it 650 medical pages last year. He put me on a low dose of morphine tried to tell him it wasn't working but u can't tell him anything. I'm not looking to get a buzz but to b able to move . Didn't want to drive to Indy as I can't spend much time in a car so just dealt with it. I came in waited all those hours got really stiff they did a movement measure on me told me I was stiff da. I gained 15 pounds always do in winter then lose it. He came in left the door open and started yelling that I was fat ( I'm not that overweight) their no reason I should b stiff and because of the pills is the reason I was fat and my dikk didn't work yes folks he said dikk with door open and tons of people staring in talk about embarrassing that's personal and I've had ed way before I seen him. I was shocked and had to very much control myself. Needles to say I'm going to Indy . Save you're self some pain and embarrassment and don't see this unprofessional smuck . Would not let me use the d word but u get my meaning

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Was a patient for a year,he seemed like he cared,but I was wrong.gave me one day to do my pt.on. that was it. With a job and 5 kids,one day window doesn't work. Then I had my first visit with him where I had the short haired manly lookin mean angry lookin nurse I've ever seen. I told her I was doing good and wasn't needing to take my pain killers, I thought it was a good thing. I was wrong,the diky lookin nurse urin screened me. Like I told her I hadn't needed my pain meds.they had me bring my pills in for a count. That was fine they were all there. A couple days later he fired me. He only wants addicts ,not to help anyone. He's the one who needs the drug screen.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Always trust your first impression! On my first visit I waited in the waiting room for 3 hours, the 2 more in the exam room. Once in the room he took a good deal of time explaining my MRI results and what he thought would work best. While I had no complains - aside from the pointless wait, there did seem to be an air of "you need us, therefore you will put up with our crap". That was SPOT ON! Dr Haber made changes to meds, some of which were most unpleasant. I did PT and it helped. However we had an ongoing thing with Nycenta for pain. He told me I could stop and start with no worries about withdrawal or addiction, and that he took it himself and like it. The first month was bad, lots of vomiting, sleeping and not much help with the pain. On my next visit he said it didn't bother him that way, so carry on. In fact, increase the dose. However the longer I took the Nycenta the more I noticed a change in my depression - not for the better. Again, it didn't affect him that way, therefore....,.,, I made a point of calling and saying please note on my chart that my depression was worse and that it was not that much help with pain! Nothing I take full responsibility for being discharged. I took other meds for my pain not perscribed by this doctor and got caught. And really I was grateful. My depression was getting worse but now I have to do something about it. Everything that you have read about this doctor is correct. Your opinion of your situation does not matter. He will call you a liar and he will be nice and attentive if you are a woman and you clean up and dress nicely.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Irving I. Haber's Credentials

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1989)