Ratings for Dr. Meldon Kahan

No follow up. Terrible at returning calls. Should stick to research.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I am amazed that I have found a doctor that really cares about his patients and is very knowledgeable, I would be more than happy to recommend him to many people. Thank you very much for all your help, I'm very glad I was recommended to him.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr Kahan has been my family doctor for over 26 years, and he currently treats me for chronic pain related to a deteriorating jaw joint, that was caused by a car accident when I was 18 years old . He is extremely knowledgeable about the field of family practise, chronic pain, and addiction medicine, He has always been incredibly kind, caring, empathetic, eager to listen, supportive, and extremely compassionate to me. I appreciate all he has done for me, and I am honoured to have had him as my physician for such a long, period of time. There have been so many times when he has gone 'over and above' the call of duty to support me, and provide me with excellent medical care especially following my diagnosis of Triple Negative Breast Cancer. He has always researched, and sent me to the top doctors in their field when I required medical care outside of his scope of practice, such as surgery, physiotherapy, etc. He has never been dismissive, condescending or judgemental. Sometimes you have to wait to see Dr Kahan, but I suspect he runs late due to never rushing his patients (he takes time with his patients), and always listening to their every concern. He has completed important research in addiction medicine that will continue to help those who require help with drug and alcohol addiction in the future. He is a true leader, a consumate professional, a compassionate healer, and a valuable member of our society. Without Dr Kahan, I would not have an acceptable quality of life related to severe, constant chronic pain, and life would not be worth living for me. I will always be indebted to him for all that he has done for me. I consider him to be an incredible physician, a true friend, and my 'Angel of Mercy'.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Treated me for my addiction problem successfully after many tries.. A TRUE ANGEL IN HIS FIELD.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr.kahan is my doctor. By far he is the most caring understanding and intelligent doctor i have ever had. He always has wise words of encouragement and generally takes the time to listen to you even on your worst days. He has a lot of experience dealing with people like me with addiction issues which is a bonus. He is not judgemental and very supportive. He has went above and beyond to help me stay healthy and sober. Only thing that is kind of annoying is waiting when you get to the office for your appt , but thats probably because he takes the time to help and advise his patients .overall excellent doctor and human being

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Best counselor I have ever seen ! cares about the whole person. However very poor followuup with patients who were summarily discharged following his heart attack. Patients were told he no longer was practising and yet he is still on staff! I saw him for chronic pain control of which he specializes and publishes about.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011