Ratings for Dr. David H. Segal

I had 3 back surgeries with Dr. Segal when he was at MB&S in Annapolis, MD. The last one being a fusion. I told him It still had a lot of pain. Said it was all in my head, sent me off to Pain Mgmt. and said he was moving to Iowa. Found out after 5 more years of suffering that one of the screws he placed went outside of the bone into the nerves. New surgeon finds the error, removes fusion & replaces correctly. It's was too late to file a lawsuit (Maryland Laws). Sounds unfortunate that he was still able to cause others harm in Iowa. Glad he is no longer doing actual surgeries. Little man with a God complex.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR ALL THE STORIES ARE TRUE .I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER WHO GOT SPINAL MENINGGITIS FROM AN INFECTION THAT HE CAUSE AFTER OR DURING SURGERY

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Horrible! A so called "fix" broke in my back but no one would listen until 5 months later! Dr Segals excuse was pathetic and I never was able to return to work!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2016

Horrible experience. Spent very little time to understand my surgical needs How can a dr .plan surgery without going over what the surgery entails. Let alone risks. I have heard many many people have had a similar experience. He is very rude and condescending. And the out come of surgery. Don't get me started. I would never recommend him for anything. The wait in his waiting room was a long wait. Staff is not any friendlier. Cedar Rapids IA had to have a better surgeon than this. He did not do an exam. At all. But charges for a full visit. Insurance covered this however it is somehow not right.

Submitted December 2, 2015

When we lived in Dubious Iowa., no Doctor should touch my wife. Dr. Segal operated on my wife and she is doing. fine now. I would recommend Dr. to anybody.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Doesn't really care for patents after an doesn't follow up on the surgery and I'm worse off now having to use a two wheel now walker an when I went to Dr. Segal's office I walked in on my own two feet for a low back pain so he said he fix my problem with a fusion on the spine an my butt, legs , arms, sore all the time with a lot pain an numbness, it hurts, to set , walk, when standing I shake an my legs tremble the I fall to the floor can't stand only for maybe 15 seconds an if I look up or down I get really dizzy and light an have to grab something solid to try to hold self up so I can make it to something sit on or go lay down in bed on one of my sides. so now I have chronic pain day and night or 24 x 7

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

In August 2011 I had two fusions I am still in chronic pain for the last 4 years neither one of my surgeries have word they keep TED talk to Segal keep saying everything's okay okay okay only one knows what your body goes to and my body is saying he'll know there is still something wrong with my back but he ain't doing nothing else about it so I'm glad that it worked for a lot of people because a lot of us didn't get that opportunity to feel as good as everybody else is I'm hoping he would call me back and see me but obviously not not even office staff will take me take me so he can see me again without my primary doctor referring me when she did I say there's something wrong I love them for the person he was but as far as my surgery goes it sucks

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Segal did my back surgery July 2011 and I was much better than before surgery, but the PT I had was the ticket. You have to ALWAYS exercise or the pain slowly returns. I'll always have some back pain but thanks to Dr. Segal I'm much better. He's a very nice man and very skilled surgeon, his PA is a great guy too!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Its way too soon to grade the surgery. BUT, I was called the morning of surgery saying my surgery time had been moved up. Its too bad they forgot to notify ME. ALSO, long story short... Its friday and IM sure everyone in Dr Segal office(but ME) was looking forward to their weekend. BUT, Dr Segal's medical associate said he was sorry AND would call me back as I had called earlier today because MY primary care clinic would NOT prescribe MY pain meds from a previous ongoing condition stating it was "generally" the surgeon that would assume that duty after surgery. SO, here I am at home recovering from surgery unsure of and not knowing if I am (I say NO) properly and/or adequately in possession of pain meds. The thing I am most concerned with is the withdrawals I am beginning to and will experience over the weekend and the longer I am without my pain control meds. IDK.. I think most of you can figure this out and understand that MY SITUATION at this very moment and MY foreseeable future is NOT one you would want for you or your loved ones.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

After years of doing construction I destroyed my lower back .Dr Segal did my surgery the day before Christmas 5 years ago . he checked on me twice a day while I was in the hospital .instead of being with his family during the holidays . Gave me a life again . I will never be able to repay him for that

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr. David H. Segal's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Cedar Rapids, IA