Ratings for Dr. Michael Matchett

Best bedside manners we've ever experienced. He sent our mother home and called when he'd spoken with the specialist who was in surgery, rather than have her wait two hours...very considerate.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Wonderful doctor, helpful, caring and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

I was at the ER this morning, Saturday, Nov.26th . The ball of my right foot was quite painful and swollen. Dr. Matchett saw me and I too was impressed with his care. He diagnosed plantar fasciitis and explained in detail what it was and treatment needed. And, he's not hard on the eyes either...just sayin! 😊

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

When Dr. Matchett walked into the room which I was waiting to be seen today I knew I was blessed with an angel of a doctor. He did not rush me out the door like every other Dr has in the past. Rather he really took his time talking, getting to know me and my situation so we could get to the root of the problem. I feel as though I was meant to go to emerge today and be seen by him. I believe he actually cares about his patients, which is something the majority of doctors are lacking. He's caring, empathetic, proactive, and a problem solver. Best Dr. In my books. Hands down. 👌

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I'm extremely lucky to have met and been treated by dr.Matchett when I arrived to Moncton Hospital by ambulance with seizure like activity. I was very impressed with his bedside manner, kindness and thorough assessment. The quality of his care was exceptional. I'll forever be grateful. Thank you dr.Matchett !!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

This man is one of the smartest and most knowledgeable doctors I have ever had, He went above and beyond for my care and I would recommend this doctor to anyone

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

This Doctor redefines healthcare. I've had many trips to various ER with 2 little ones and by far, this was the best experience yet due to his caring approach. He took his time to listen to my 6 yr old and I and quickly ruled out unnecessary tests and procedures that had been prescribed by a clinic doc, while still giving a thorough examine planned a follow up scheduled at a time convenience for us! He took time to educate and make suggestions for care that most doctors wouldn't even think about. Dr. Matchett's bedside manner with kids is incredible. Keep up the great work! You are a true asset to the NB health care system!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

As a mother and RN, I must say I first impression of Dr. Matchett that he is a very professional, warm, caring and knowledgeable physician .

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Matchett was absolutely brilliant when I went to the hospital because of severe pain in my feet. Here I had been expecting that I would have to undergo a second operation but this good doctor took the time to find the older files, sat down with me at every stage of the testing to make sure I understood what was going on and why and, after all the testing was completed, he sat down again with me to inform me of the outcome and what the team of doctors had concluded. He was then able to suggest a regime of medication to help me. To me, he was very considerate, compassionate, did not dismiss me because I'm an elder and what I appreciated most, was that he took the time at each stage of the examination and testing to talk with me and make sure I fully understood what was going on. From the moment he sat down with me that first time when I arrived in the Emergency Care Department, I knew I would leave knowing what the problem was and a plan to fix it or control it.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Very patient, considerate and helpful. Very impressed with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015