Ratings for Dr. Sobia Awan

Dr. Awan is a caring, knowledgeable Doctor who knows her patients well and has an excellent bedside manor. I've had some issues trying to speak with staff over the phone, but it hasn't been an issue of rudeness as suggested by previous comments. Just somebody not listening. The tall, thin receptionist is rude - she's always friendly with me.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Awan is amazing. She gives plenty of time to each patient,addressing all their concerns. It is a pleasure to have her as our physician. However, her front office staff is terrible, especially the girl with coloured hair, who is extremely rude. I really do not understand why she is still employed by Dr. Awan.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr Awan is the amazing!! She is the best family doctor i ever had! She is very caring and knowledgeable. She always take her time to take care of you no matter how small the matter is.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

A knowledgeable, expert and extremely hard working professional. Dr. Awan develops a very friendly relationship with her patients which is always appreciated. She always goes out of her way in concern for her patients. She is very prompt and listens very affectively to her patients and does not at all shun what they have to say. A very polite, and generous doctor. She is definitely the best family physician in Ontario!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr.Sobia Awan is lovely. Unfortunately her secretary is very hard to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr Awan is a great doctor. Very hard working and concerning and interested in her patients health. She doesn't rush me when I go to visit her. She listens thoroughly. Her secretary Vanika, her receptionist is rude, does not listen to you and if you try speak to her she will give you dirty looks or the next time you go she will take you as late as she can. She is VERY unprofessional. I and members of my family have asked her to change information in our files repeatedly and the information has not been updated. She doesn't know how to be polite. She is SO UNPROFESSIONAL. Dr. Awan please get rid of her!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr. Sobia Awan is friendly and knowledgeable with a great sense humour. Same as everyone has said here. But her reception is terrible. Only once has she attempted humour and it failed miserably. On a previous occasion I had called well in advance to cancel an appointment and the woman who answered was quite rude about it despite the fact that it was over 24 hours in advance that I was cancelling. I have noticed on occasion that there is another Filipina (looking) woman who is very nice and pleasant to deal with. I have not seen her there in awhile. So until Dr. Awan decides to make this change I will not go to her office. Which is too bad because she's one of the best doctor's I've had in a long time.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I love Dr. Awan, she is as great as all of the reviews. She makes sure to take her time to ask about not only my physical but also my emotional well-being, especially after dealing with a number of serious and life-threatening health problems within my family over the past few years. However the women on her staff are absolutely atrocious. The health and well being of patients should be a top priority, however they take their sweet time and often never get back to us. I have urgently waited to have prescriptions renewed only to call back weeks later with no progress. My health is not a joke to me, so I would appreciate if they took it seriously as well. Wait times are also extremely long regardless of the number of patients in the office. I have waited upwards of 3 hours, which when sick can be extremely gruelling. I have had faster wait times in the ER. Overall, amazing doctor, terrible staff. Dr. Awan is the only thing keeping me there.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr Awan is the best family doctor I ever had. I had two other family doctor before who I feel they just give you a Advil and turn you away. I never had a good experience with family Doctor until I found dr Awan. Dr Awan is not only knowledgeable but she is compassionate and dedicated. She made time to see me after my ultrasound results showed miscarriage symptom when I was 2 month pregnant. I feel lucky and grateful to have a family doc like dr Awan.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Awan for awhile now and because I have a few health concerns I see her more than someone who is quite healthy. My experience has been nothing but positive. My interactions with the staff have always been good. I always have a quick chat with the ladies and they always take a moment to greet me and ask how I am doing. I find this exceptional seeing that they are working in very cramped conditions and are extremely busy most of the time. Dr Awan is also very kind and knowledgable. She never rushes me and has most recently made time for me in an emergency situation. She isn't a doctor that just prescribes a pill and sends you on your way. She shows a genuine and sincere interest in your overall health. And sometimes that means telling you something you may not want to hear. She does this in a most respectful manner. It is a skill not often seen, in my opinion, and I'm grateful I've found her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015