You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sobia Awan

Dr Awan is a great doctor. Very hard working and concerning and interested in her patients health. She doesn't rush me when I go to visit her. She listens thoroughly. Her secretary Vanika, her receptionist is rude, does not listen to you and if you try speak to her she will give you dirty looks or the next time you go she will take you as late as she can. She is VERY unprofessional. I and members of my family have asked her to change information in our files repeatedly and the information has not been updated. She doesn't know how to be polite. She is SO UNPROFESSIONAL. Dr. Awan please get rid of her!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr. Sobia Awan is friendly and knowledgeable with a great sense humour. Same as everyone has said here. But her reception is terrible. Only once has she attempted humour and it failed miserably. On a previous occasion I had called well in advance to cancel an appointment and the woman who answered was quite rude about it despite the fact that it was over 24 hours in advance that I was cancelling. I have noticed on occasion that there is another Filipina (looking) woman who is very nice and pleasant to deal with. I have not seen her there in awhile. So until Dr. Awan decides to make this change I will not go to her office. Which is too bad because she's one of the best doctor's I've had in a long time.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I love Dr. Awan, she is as great as all of the reviews. She makes sure to take her time to ask about not only my physical but also my emotional well-being, especially after dealing with a number of serious and life-threatening health problems within my family over the past few years. However the women on her staff are absolutely atrocious. The health and well being of patients should be a top priority, however they take their sweet time and often never get back to us. I have urgently waited to have prescriptions renewed only to call back weeks later with no progress. My health is not a joke to me, so I would appreciate if they took it seriously as well. Wait times are also extremely long regardless of the number of patients in the office. I have waited upwards of 3 hours, which when sick can be extremely gruelling. I have had faster wait times in the ER. Overall, amazing doctor, terrible staff. Dr. Awan is the only thing keeping me there.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr Awan is the best family doctor I ever had. I had two other family doctor before who I feel they just give you a Advil and turn you away. I never had a good experience with family Doctor until I found dr Awan. Dr Awan is not only knowledgeable but she is compassionate and dedicated. She made time to see me after my ultrasound results showed miscarriage symptom when I was 2 month pregnant. I feel lucky and grateful to have a family doc like dr Awan.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Awan for awhile now and because I have a few health concerns I see her more than someone who is quite healthy. My experience has been nothing but positive. My interactions with the staff have always been good. I always have a quick chat with the ladies and they always take a moment to greet me and ask how I am doing. I find this exceptional seeing that they are working in very cramped conditions and are extremely busy most of the time. Dr Awan is also very kind and knowledgable. She never rushes me and has most recently made time for me in an emergency situation. She isn't a doctor that just prescribes a pill and sends you on your way. She shows a genuine and sincere interest in your overall health. And sometimes that means telling you something you may not want to hear. She does this in a most respectful manner. It is a skill not often seen, in my opinion, and I'm grateful I've found her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I agree with the fact that the front office lady (looks like a Bangladeshi or Tamil) is indeed very rude and unprofessional. She does not know how to talk to people and is very disrespectful. She walks around with more power that the doctor itself and makes it look like Dr.Sobia Awan is working for her. Wonder how she is kept employed in that office even in spite of the patients comments which is indeed true. Either Dr. Sobia turns a blind eye to it or may be acting ignorant. NEVER ...NEVER ..AGAIN ....Will me and my family step into that office UNLESS Dr.Sobia replaces her or keeps her in some other post where she does not interact with the patients.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Her staff never follow up with anything. Dr awan herself sounds like a knowledgable perso. But she looks forgetful to me. After full check up I made an appointment with her to talk about the results. In that session she started writing me the exact tests again, till I remind her that I already did all that test and I am here to hear the results. Another time she was supposed to refer me to a specialist after the test results, she never did. No body followed up with me.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. Sobia Awan is very well knowledgeable in her field. She is kind, friendly, has a great sense of humour and has one of the best bed side manners. She takes her time to explain everything to you and never rushes you. Her receptions help is another story. They are not very smart and rude. They make mistakes all the time. It took me 1 year to get them to correct my phone number on my file. It took them weeks to find an ophthalmologist for me, and when they did, he was in Brampton AND he didn't have any availability for 3 months! I live in Richmond Hill and told them to find me one close to the area. I called around myself and was able to find one close to the area that had availability within 2 weeks. I love Dr. Awan, my entire family goes to her but we dread having to deal with her receptionists.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

This is by far the worst doctors office I have ever been to. The staff is rude and the wait times are worse then a hospital,. I highly recommend finding a doctorand a or

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Dr. Sobia Awan's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr Awan is a great doctor. Very hard working and concerning and interested in her patients health. She doesn't rush me when I go to visit her. She listens t..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sobia Awan is friendly and knowledgeable with a great sense humour. Same as everyone has said here. But her reception is terrible. Only once has she attempt..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Awan, she is as great as all of the reviews. She makes sure to take her time to ask about not only my physical but also my emotional well-being, espe..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Awan is the best family doctor I ever had. I had two other family doctor before who I feel they just give you a Advil and turn you away. I never had a good ..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Awan for awhile now and because I have a few health concerns I see her more than someone who is quite healthy. My experience has been noth..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the fact that the front office lady (looks like a Bangladeshi or Tamil) is indeed very rude and unprofessional. She does not know how to talk to p..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "the staff is pathetic...rude and arrogant...but dr.sobia is good....will definitely go if she changes her staff otherwise NEVER :-("

November 28, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Her staff never follow up with anything. Dr awan herself sounds like a knowledgable perso. But she looks forgetful to me. After full check up I made an appoin..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sobia Awan is very well knowledgeable in her field. She is kind, friendly, has a great sense of humour and has one of the best bed side manners. She takes..."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is by far the worst doctors office I have ever been to. The staff is rude and the wait times are worse then a hospital,. I highly recommend finding a doc..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best family doctor in GTA. She is caring, passionate and not wasting time or a money grabber."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful Dr and secretaries, especially Wanika. Before come into to this clinic, I did a revie for Dr awan, some of the comment is read is so not true. She ta..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sobia Awan is an amazing doctor. She is patient and very knowledgeable when it comes to diagnosing a problem. She also makes you feel very comfortable and i..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "VERY PROFESSIONAL DR. VERY FAST WITH REFERRAL APPT, OFFICE IS CLEAN, STAFF IS WONDERFUL, VERY HELPFUL. LOVE THEM. \THANK YOU DR. AWAN. WOULD DEFINATLY RECOMMEN..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Very upsetting to go the supposed walking clinic. Doctor Anwan seems to be a good doctor but she help or another Doctor. NOT a walking clinic, all she wanted is..."

October 1, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

March 18, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

April 30, 2013
  • First Name changed from "" to "Sobia"

March 26, 2012
  • Last Name changed from "Aswan" to "Awan"

March 26, 2012