Ratings for Dr. Alina Nuica

Great doctor who truly cares about her patients. Her staff are wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR! I have never posted a negative complaint/comment about any situation in my life but I CAN NOT ignore the horrendous experiences I have had with this doctor. I see that many people have commented on her staff. I have not had any major issues with them. They are not particularly friendly but they do accept email bookings, which I like. To start, Dr. Niuca has left me waiting for OVER 90 minutes 4/7 times that I have gone to see her, and I always book my appointments ahead of time, never walk in!!!! It is so awful to rush to an appointment after work only to be waiting for over an hour to see the doctor. Last time this happened to me I nearly walked out of the exam room I was waiting in because I could see the other doctor in the office visiting with 5 patients as I sat there waiting! It was so frustrating! In terms of Dr. Nuica's knowledge and helpfulness, I have a few examples to discuss. As a positive, she did encourage me to get tested for a genetic issue that my mom had, which was helpful. She is also good with keeping up with physicals. HOWEVER, the last couple of times I have seen her she has come into the exam room EXTREMELY behind schedule, and has started complaining about how busy she is and how she has no time for anything. She always seems flustered and has actually complained to me about the amount of money doctors make. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. The last and final straw occurred during my last appointment. I wanted her to look at a strange mole on my back as well as help with breakouts I had been having. Again, I rushed to my appointment only to be left waiting for 90 minutes. When Dr. Alina FINALLY entered my exam room, she was again rushed and seemingly exasperated. When I brought up my acne issues, she responded by first listing all of the medications I CAN'T take due to a genetic sensitivity to certain medications I have (way to make a patient feel bad about their issues). Then she started asking me to list everything I eat in a day and when I tried to list what I had eaten she cut me off and started accusing me of not eating enough meat (I'm a vegetarian). When I explained that I am a vegetarian she actually started ARGUING with me about why I would do that and how it is unnatural and not the way humans were meant to eat. I'm sorry but I could not get past how rude, offensive and unprofessional that was! It is her job to support her patients to be the healthiest they can be, NOT to judge and critique them on their personal belief system. At this point, I was ready to go home. She wrote me a prescription and said something along the lines of "your skin is not that bad, this should work", even though she did not take a look at my skin up close ONCE. After this crazy ordeal I did not even ask her to look at the mole on my back, and have to find a new doctor to do so as I will NEVER go back to Dr. Nuica. I actually feel obligated to share these experiences because I don't want some other poor, unsuspecting patient to have a similar encounter.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. Nuica has been my family doctor for many years now & I've recommended her to a few friends of mine who would say nothing but great things about her. She makes you feel comfortable, she tells things how they are and sends you for the right tests and to see the right specialists when needed. She is VERY sweet, knows what she is talking about and those commenting about a "ZERO" need to get therapeutic help... at the least.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I saw a comment that she " has a medical degree from a small city in Romania ". This is a wrong argument. That has nothing to do with her current license. I would rather blame the system for allowing people getting licenses before being ready for the job. Sometimes people think they are smarter than the doctor/electrician/...you name it ... and jump into judging without ever being in that position. Try to get (not to be... just GET) into their shoes first of all. It's so fking easy to throw rocks. To all "haters", why don't get out on the street and fight the system?

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Nuica is one of the best doctors around. My whole family goes to her and we have always had a great experience. She is very knowledgeable, caring and has professional ethics. It is unethical to pass any discriminatory remarks against her.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

TERRIBLE Doctor - rude, unprofessional FOR SURE! I also wish I could rate the staff a ZERO.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr Nuica has been my family Doctor for over 4 years now. She's great at what she does. These other bad reviews of her are childish. I read on here that a mom wanted to cry because her two year old son was diagnosed with strep? I guess that lady shouldn't be a mom. Anyways, this doctor is informed, educated, listens to the problems and has always helped me and my family in diagnosing our problems properly. I agree the front staff are not the best, but then any doctors office front staff I've seen are all the same, in Mississauga , oakville BURLINGTON or Toronto. I'm there to see the dr, have he diagnose my illness and walk out. I'm not there to pick on things like her background, clothes or anything. Grow up people.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr. Nuica is an amazing doctor. She has been my family doctor for over 2 years now and always can resolve our problems. These comments are childish and they're calling her unprofessional? She does her job the way she should and snobby people are picking on the most ridiculous things, down to her clothes?!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

She cares about her patients! If you dont hear what you would like to hear, then by all means find a new doc. Dr. Nuica is fully booked on most days which makes it evident that there are a lot of patients who are happy with her. Shes compassionate and does take time to answer all your questions. Her demeanour may seemed rushed but that doesnt compromise the quality of treatment. My family is extremely happy with her and her referrals. The staff certainly could be more professional. I agree with a reviewers comments about them discussing other patients out loud. I wish more people satisfied with Dr. Nuica 's work would take the time to write a positive review cos the description on this forum clearly does not reflect her competency and skills.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Make yourself a big service and LEAVE this doctor. She is a disgrace - knows nothing - a nurse in rural community is better - she has a medical degree from a small city in Romania she does not know what to ask and how to treat ...rude, incompetent far far from what a doctor should be. Plus she works funny hours never late or weekends - not dedicated not caring ...just in for the money i guess ...well she is not seeing me or my family anymore. I rate her ZEROOOO

Submitted December 16, 2015