You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde

I underwent emergency surgery for a tibia plateau fracture (complicated). He blessedly and skillfully repaired the extensive damage. His wonderful sense of humour combined with his passion for optimal surgical results is phenonimal. Follow-up appointments, without say, were long wait times but, well worth the wait. In addition, recently, I had a hip replacement on the same side of the tibia surgery. Though my recovery is not cut and dry, I have the assurance and utmost confidence of care and concern from Dr. Rodriguez. BRAVO dottore! On my way to a full recovery!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I underwent a total knee replacement with Dr. R three weeks ago. I am quite young so was nervous about the procedure and the recovery. It was much easier to go through than I anticipated - I was up and walking with a walker within 24 hours, and then with a cane after 3 days. I have great range of motion already and much less pain. Sure, he and his staff are extremely busy and some administrative tasks may get delayed, but the bottom line, he is a superior surgeon who has helped me regain a much better lifestyle after decades of pain.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

This doctor is amazing! I'm not sure why some people have been trashing him lately - but they are probably just unhappy people. I had my hip replacement 3 weeks ago and am walking without a cane! I woke up without the pain that's been in my hip for years. I couldn't believe it. I saw several doctors who told me I was too young to have surgery, until I finally met Dr Rodriguez. He does have a long waiting list, but I got a cancellation after a few months! Getting my hip operated on has been the best thing I've ever done. The experience was great, and his secretary is super helpful (and so nice!). I guess some people can't be helped - but I'm ecstatic about my new hip!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Awful at keeping up with needed paperwork which you desperately need when you are work and are on EI. Just added unnecessary stress and anxiety to the whole experience. Dismissive and avoidant when asked questions about follow up details.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

I just had my second injection or PRP into my knee at Medcan. I cannot be happier. Dr Rodriguez injected both my knees 7 months ago and it took the pain away completely. I only needed a second injection in one knee. Thanks to my trainers, Dr Rodriguez and the magic of PRP, I'm back being active and pain free again! I would recommend it to anyone! Dr Rodriguez, you are amazing!!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Just dismissive. So I dismissed him. I am writing this from the palce I saw this doctor as I wait in a line up with 50 other people for 3 hours. What a joke. At least I have internet access. Leaving now to find a new surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I visited Dr. Rodriguez once and will be undergoing total knee replacement surgery through him next year. I found his front desk staff very courteous and helpful. Dr. R took his time discussing my condition and answering all of my questions. I am hopeful that the surgery will yield excellent outcomes for a condition I've had over 30 years.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Was sent to this doctor for a hip problem. I had a surgery from another doct a few years ago. I was tol dhe was suppse to fix my hip and changet he old one to a new hip. He told me that I needed a knee befopre a new hip. He said the other doctor did an old fashioned surgery and they should retired. This guy think he is god gift to medicine. Very disappointed. I told my family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Before I saw the surgeon that finally did my knee who I gave a rave review on I saw this joker. What a hot head. He towered over me and tried to tell me he was the only surgeon who does these kinds of surgery in the city and that my questions seems to bore him. He dismissed me and told me to call his secretary who was supposed to give me all the answers to my questions. She didn't have a clue, but that's a nother story. So I have 2 years of knee pain and I tried to describe my -pain and he kept putting words in my mouth. Like he was finishing my sentences to hurry me along. The place I saw him at was nice but he was so arrogant I was worried I wasnt getting the full story. I saw him one more time at the hospital clinic before bailing. I read a bunch of these reviews which are totally bull because they have been written by the same person. Same number of sentences and way of talking. What a scam. If he's so good at what he does, why is it that whoever you talk to thinks he's an arrogant jerk. I sat in a waiting room filled with people complaining about how arrogant he is. talked down to me from day one. I went to see a female surgeon at the same hospital who ROCKED! I won't mention her name here. I don't want to start a war.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

This is so artificial it would take a total fool to believe that everyone who ever met him gave him a 5/5. Usually if someone is angry at you they would take the effort to write about you. Or if you were absolutely great and that is not the case in my situation. Horrible experience and would never go back to him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I underwent emergency surgery for a tibia plateau fracture (complicated). He blessedly and skillfully repaired the extensive damage. His wonderful sense of hu..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I underwent a total knee replacement with Dr. R three weeks ago. I am quite young so was nervous about the procedure and the recovery. It was much easier to g..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is amazing! I'm not sure why some people have been trashing him lately - but they are probably just unhappy people. I had my hip replacement 3 we..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Awful at keeping up with needed paperwork which you desperately need when you are work and are on EI. Just added unnecessary stress and anxiety to the whole exp..."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I just had my second injection or PRP into my knee at Medcan. I cannot be happier. Dr Rodriguez injected both my knees 7 months ago and it took the pain away co..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just dismissive. So I dismissed him. I am writing this from the palce I saw this doctor as I wait in a line up with 50 other people for 3 hours. What a joke. At..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I visited Dr. Rodriguez once and will be undergoing total knee replacement surgery through him next year. I found his front desk staff very courteous and help..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Was sent to this doctor for a hip problem. I had a surgery from another doct a few years ago. I was tol dhe was suppse to fix my hip and changet he old one to a..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Before I saw the surgeon that finally did my knee who I gave a rave review on I saw this joker. What a hot head. He towered over me and tried to tell me he was ..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This is so artificial it would take a total fool to believe that everyone who ever met him gave him a 5/5. Usually if someone is angry at you they would take th..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor works at Humber River a public facility funded by tax payers and at the Medcan clinic where very rich and privileged executives shop for medical car..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I simply can't say enough about Dr. Rodrigues! I was admitted for a total knee replacement and the surgery was completed in under two hours. My experience was e..."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had two full knee replacements with Dr. Rodriguez, I can not be more grateful for having him as my surgeon. I have a new lease on life, and no pain, I ha..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Saw this guy at Medcan. They should really stop running an assembly line as we pay a lot of membership dues. Or at least do your homework before hiring. This d..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "About a year ago I had my left knee replaced by Dr Rodriguez. The experience was the best that there could be! So much so that when it can time to have the rig..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Rodriguez. His concern , care and patient interaction was superb. His diagnosis of my problem and subsequent surge..."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Rodriguez by my family physician who knew him at medical school where she said he was a brilliant student. I was taken aback at our first ..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rodriguez was the best surgeon I ever encounter. He was very friendly, give me excellent information was very knowledgeable. He takes his time to discuss w..."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Sebastion Rodriquez was the most friendly ,helpful and knowledgeable dr. I have been to. You never feel rushed , he makes sure you understand everything and ..."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had both hips replaced by different Doctors. My experience with Dr. Rodriguez was unbelievable. He was very patient and understanding of my fear of another ..."