You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde

I wrote about Dr Rodriguez initially on May 10 (see below) prior to my surgery. As you can see I was very pleased with his care leading into the surgery. Yesterday at 1 pm I had the total right hip replacement at Humber River and was out today at 11 am. I am currently sitting at my kitchen table writing this and haven't bothered to take a pain killer. This new Anterior approach seems to be very effective for the right candidates. Further to the innovation from a health science point of view, I will once again talk about the wonderful service and bedside manner that his office delivers. The entire surgical team was tremendous. Nurse Mary who handled all my prep work for the 90 minutes prior to surgery was delightful and knew her stuff. My Anesthetist, Dr Tania (she invited me to use her first name when I fouled up pronunciation of her surname), was incredibly friendly, patient and empathetic. I willingly contrasted her wonderful manner with the anesthetist I saw at the pre surgery screening a couple weeks prior who was extremely arrogant and impatient. Wow what a difference. Dr. Rodriguez also had a fellow Ortho in that day to assist and his name was Shane (first name) he was also very friendly and fit right In with the team. The main scrub nurse' s name I don't recall as I was a little overwhelmed at the point I was looking into her eyes. But in my brief encounter she too played a very caring role. Thanks "Dr Tania" , Shane, head nurse and Mary. These folks are not members of Dr Rodriguez's team per se as they are professionals employed separately by Humber but it's no coincidence that the real good ones end up in the same environment. Dr Rodriguez visited with me for 20 minutes prior to the surgery and answered all the questions I asked, then patiently answered the same questions when my wife rejoined me in the room. The next time I saw him he had his 'game face' on in the OR directing his team with confidence and respect. Then I was asleep. Thank god. Dr Rodriguez visited me in recovery for 10 minutes posed for a FB shot (what other surgeons do that?) and patiently answered the same questions I'm sure he has answered literally close to 1,000 times or maybe a few more. The next day (Saturday morning) Dr Rodriguez visited me in my hospital room once again to go over the surgery more thoroughly given that I was a much more alert. All requisitions for meds, CCA and physio were typed out by his great office staff (Jenn and Verna) and ready to go. Again, phase two, being the operation itself was a wonderful experience delivered by true professionals. I will be happy to write back and report on the rehab which is anticipated to be much shorter and with far less complexities than the 'traditional' approach. More on that in 6 weeks or so.........thanks once again for all involved. Thrilled with the service.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

After having my knee stitches out, he said, I was ready to go dancing, and that my crutches were just for show!!...not sure if he meant to be funny or if he was just being sarcastic . All I can say, it has been a month and a half and till this day, I have not been able to go to work, I'm still having difficulty walking, sitting, can't bend my knee...so I had to start physio to get my leg moving. Sadly, "Top Doctor" sent me home without referring me for physio nor taking the extra steps to make sure I was okay, like sending me for X-rays, Ultrasound ...very disappointed!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I am 50 year old male who had hip replacement surgery with Dr. Rodriguez 5 days ago. Dr. Rodriguez is a top surgeon. His methodology is leading edge and my pain and downtime is going to be minimal. I didn't have to worry about any of the typical post-operative precautions. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr Rodriguez is somewhat of an enigma. A world class surgeon with outstanding bedside manner. Dr Rodriguez staff (Jennifer) is also first class with excellent customer service attitude and very efficient. Administrative teams most often mirror the personality of the Doctor. I have only had a few brief conversations with Dr Rodriguez and my surgery is yet to happen (May 27) but I have yet to come across a surgeon with this level of bedside manner and general helpfulness. His reputation as a surgeon is well documented which I have checked out thoroughly. Dr Rodriguez is one of the Canadian Pioneer doctors using the new Anterior approach used quite commonly in the competitive USA market that allows for significantly faster rehab. I will report back after surgery. I am in no way connected with Dr Rodriguez's practice. I am not a friend or a business associate. I am a run of the mill patient but just felt compelled to write this. I have also written on this site about another surgeon regarding the terrible service my father received with his hip replacement and subsequent revision. If you have been referred to Dr Rodriguez you are in great hands.

Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr. Rodriguez clearly has a superior commitment to surgical excellence as well as overall patient care. I has complete confidence in his ability to deal with my complex total knee replacement. I am thrilled to say that I am virtually pain free after a very long time which was our number one goal. I could go on and on but no one would probably read it so I'll stop here except to say that his colleagues and staff such as Dr. Desai and Jennifer, Carol, Val are exceptional as well . Sincerely, Shannon Kelsey aka "favorite knee patient" Xoxo

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr. R really helped me out. On feb 4 I was in for a left total hip replacement and about a 3rd of the way threw the surgery with another surgeon I went code blue. My heart was not working for 13 min. 4 days after Dr. R finished the hip replacement with me awake and he did a excellent job not only doing the surgery but putting up with me for the duration of the surgery. Being young ( 36 years old) he answered all my questions and explained everything to me.

Submitted March 10, 2016

I underwent emergency surgery for a tibia plateau fracture (complicated). He blessedly and skillfully repaired the extensive damage. His wonderful sense of humour combined with his passion for optimal surgical results is phenonimal. Follow-up appointments, without say, were long wait times but, well worth the wait. In addition, recently, I had a hip replacement on the same side of the tibia surgery. Though my recovery is not cut and dry, I have the assurance and utmost confidence of care and concern from Dr. Rodriguez. BRAVO dottore! On my way to a full recovery!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I underwent a total knee replacement with Dr. R three weeks ago. I am quite young so was nervous about the procedure and the recovery. It was much easier to go through than I anticipated - I was up and walking with a walker within 24 hours, and then with a cane after 3 days. I have great range of motion already and much less pain. Sure, he and his staff are extremely busy and some administrative tasks may get delayed, but the bottom line, he is a superior surgeon who has helped me regain a much better lifestyle after decades of pain.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

This doctor is amazing! I'm not sure why some people have been trashing him lately - but they are probably just unhappy people. I had my hip replacement 3 weeks ago and am walking without a cane! I woke up without the pain that's been in my hip for years. I couldn't believe it. I saw several doctors who told me I was too young to have surgery, until I finally met Dr Rodriguez. He does have a long waiting list, but I got a cancellation after a few months! Getting my hip operated on has been the best thing I've ever done. The experience was great, and his secretary is super helpful (and so nice!). I guess some people can't be helped - but I'm ecstatic about my new hip!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I wrote about Dr Rodriguez initially on May 10 (see below) prior to my surgery. As you can see I was very pleased with his care leading into the surgery. Ye..."

May 28, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "After having my knee stitches out, he said, I was ready to go dancing, and that my crutches were just for show!!...not sure if he meant to be funny or if he wa..."

May 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a happy repeat customer . I am at ease under his care. Fixed a tibia plateau and now a bad femur break . excellent Surgeon "

May 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 50 year old male who had hip replacement surgery with Dr. Rodriguez 5 days ago. Dr. Rodriguez is a top surgeon. His methodology is leading edge and my pain..."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rodriguez is somewhat of an enigma. A world class surgeon with outstanding bedside manner. Dr Rodriguez staff (Jennifer) is also first class with excellent c..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rodriguez clearly has a superior commitment to surgical excellence as well as overall patient care. I has complete confidence in his ability to deal with m..."

May 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. R really helped me out. On feb 4 I was in for a left total hip replacement and about a 3rd of the way threw the surgery with another surgeon I went code blu..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I underwent emergency surgery for a tibia plateau fracture (complicated). He blessedly and skillfully repaired the extensive damage. His wonderful sense of hu..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I underwent a total knee replacement with Dr. R three weeks ago. I am quite young so was nervous about the procedure and the recovery. It was much easier to g..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is amazing! I'm not sure why some people have been trashing him lately - but they are probably just unhappy people. I had my hip replacement 3 we..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Awful at keeping up with needed paperwork which you desperately need when you are work and are on EI. Just added unnecessary stress and anxiety to the whole exp..."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I just had my second injection or PRP into my knee at Medcan. I cannot be happier. Dr Rodriguez injected both my knees 7 months ago and it took the pain away co..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just dismissive. So I dismissed him. I am writing this from the palce I saw this doctor as I wait in a line up with 50 other people for 3 hours. What a joke. At..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I visited Dr. Rodriguez once and will be undergoing total knee replacement surgery through him next year. I found his front desk staff very courteous and help..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Was sent to this doctor for a hip problem. I had a surgery from another doct a few years ago. I was tol dhe was suppse to fix my hip and changet he old one to a..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Before I saw the surgeon that finally did my knee who I gave a rave review on I saw this joker. What a hot head. He towered over me and tried to tell me he was ..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This is so artificial it would take a total fool to believe that everyone who ever met him gave him a 5/5. Usually if someone is angry at you they would take th..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor works at Humber River a public facility funded by tax payers and at the Medcan clinic where very rich and privileged executives shop for medical car..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I simply can't say enough about Dr. Rodrigues! I was admitted for a total knee replacement and the surgery was completed in under two hours. My experience was e..."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had two full knee replacements with Dr. Rodriguez, I can not be more grateful for having him as my surgeon. I have a new lease on life, and no pain, I ha..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Saw this guy at Medcan. They should really stop running an assembly line as we pay a lot of membership dues. Or at least do your homework before hiring. This d..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "About a year ago I had my left knee replaced by Dr Rodriguez. The experience was the best that there could be! So much so that when it can time to have the rig..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Rodriguez. His concern , care and patient interaction was superb. His diagnosis of my problem and subsequent surge..."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Rodriguez by my family physician who knew him at medical school where she said he was a brilliant student. I was taken aback at our first ..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rodriguez was the best surgeon I ever encounter. He was very friendly, give me excellent information was very knowledgeable. He takes his time to discuss w..."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Sebastion Rodriquez was the most friendly ,helpful and knowledgeable dr. I have been to. You never feel rushed , he makes sure you understand everything and ..."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had both hips replaced by different Doctors. My experience with Dr. Rodriguez was unbelievable. He was very patient and understanding of my fear of another ..."