Ratings for Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde

Amazing doctor I had a femur surgery back in July 2015 full femur fracture I was walking with in 3 Months and I feel great best surgeon ever thanks doc

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr Rodriguez performed a full knee replacement on me on February 28th 2016. I had an epidural anaesthetic and the moment I came round my knee already felt better than it had done for years before. Excellent care by my nurse, Helene, and very good physio at Humber prior to my release 2 days later, had me walking out of the hospital wearing a backpack with my personal belongings. I was driving my gear shift car within 3 weeks of surgery and it has only got better from there. I vacationed and walked a lot in the BC mountains in April and recently returned from a low-key hiking holiday in France. Thank you Dr Rodriguez for such excellent work!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Can't say enough . Had total knee replacement 8 weeks ago back walking no pain even light tennis hitting. Great surgeon and hospital .

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Dr Rodriguez is the most professional, dedicated, understanding, companionate, caring, attentive doctor I have met in my entire life. He has spent time twice to explain the entire procedure of my hip replacement. The operation was in June 2016 and I am extremely happy with it. Any time when I have question he is answering. He is Amazing!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Did an awesome knee replacement on my knee. Very personable.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr Rodriguez-Elizalde is an excellent surgeon and I know it well; I operated with him on number of occasions . He has my full confidence.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I wrote about Dr Rodriguez initially on May 10 (see below) prior to my surgery. As you can see I was very pleased with his care leading into the surgery. Yesterday at 1 pm I had the total right hip replacement at Humber River and was out today at 11 am. I am currently sitting at my kitchen table writing this and haven't bothered to take a pain killer. This new Anterior approach seems to be very effective for the right candidates. Further to the innovation from a health science point of view, I will once again talk about the wonderful service and bedside manner that his office delivers. The entire surgical team was tremendous. Nurse Mary who handled all my prep work for the 90 minutes prior to surgery was delightful and knew her stuff. My Anesthetist, Dr Tania (she invited me to use her first name when I fouled up pronunciation of her surname), was incredibly friendly, patient and empathetic. I willingly contrasted her wonderful manner with the anesthetist I saw at the pre surgery screening a couple weeks prior who was extremely arrogant and impatient. Wow what a difference. Dr. Rodriguez also had a fellow Ortho in that day to assist and his name was Shane (first name) he was also very friendly and fit right In with the team. The main scrub nurse' s name I don't recall as I was a little overwhelmed at the point I was looking into her eyes. But in my brief encounter she too played a very caring role. Thanks "Dr Tania" , Shane, head nurse and Mary. These folks are not members of Dr Rodriguez's team per se as they are professionals employed separately by Humber but it's no coincidence that the real good ones end up in the same environment. Dr Rodriguez visited with me for 20 minutes prior to the surgery and answered all the questions I asked, then patiently answered the same questions when my wife rejoined me in the room. The next time I saw him he had his 'game face' on in the OR directing his team with confidence and respect. Then I was asleep. Thank god. Dr Rodriguez visited me in recovery for 10 minutes posed for a FB shot (what other surgeons do that?) and patiently answered the same questions I'm sure he has answered literally close to 1,000 times or maybe a few more. The next day (Saturday morning) Dr Rodriguez visited me in my hospital room once again to go over the surgery more thoroughly given that I was a much more alert. All requisitions for meds, CCA and physio were typed out by his great office staff (Jenn and Verna) and ready to go. Again, phase two, being the operation itself was a wonderful experience delivered by true professionals. I will be happy to write back and report on the rehab which is anticipated to be much shorter and with far less complexities than the 'traditional' approach. More on that in 6 weeks or so.........thanks once again for all involved. Thrilled with the service.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

After having my knee stitches out, he said, I was ready to go dancing, and that my crutches were just for show!!...not sure if he meant to be funny or if he was just being sarcastic . All I can say, it has been a month and a half and till this day, I have not been able to go to work, I'm still having difficulty walking, sitting, can't bend my knee...so I had to start physio to get my leg moving. Sadly, "Top Doctor" sent me home without referring me for physio nor taking the extra steps to make sure I was okay, like sending me for X-rays, Ultrasound ...very disappointed!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I am a happy repeat customer . I am at ease under his care. Fixed a tibia plateau and now a bad femur break . excellent Surgeon

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I am 50 year old male who had hip replacement surgery with Dr. Rodriguez 5 days ago. Dr. Rodriguez is a top surgeon. His methodology is leading edge and my pain and downtime is going to be minimal. I didn't have to worry about any of the typical post-operative precautions. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016