You may also like

Rate Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde

Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde's Ratings

I underwent a total knee replacement with Dr. R three weeks ago. I am quite young so was nervous about the procedure and the recovery. It was much easier to go through than I anticipated - I was up and walking with a walker within 24 hours, and then with a cane after 3 days. I have great range of motion already and much less pain. Sure, he and his staff are extremely busy and some administrative tasks may get delayed, but the bottom line, he is a superior surgeon who has helped me regain a much better lifestyle after decades of pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2899103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2015

This doctor is amazing! I'm not sure why some people have been trashing him lately - but they are probably just unhappy people.
I had my hip replacement 3 weeks ago and am walking without a cane! I woke up without the pain that's been in my hip for years. I couldn't believe it. I saw several doctors who told me I was too young to have surgery, until I finally met Dr Rodriguez.
He does have a long waiting list, but I got a cancellation after a few months! Getting my hip operated on has been the best thing I've ever done.
The experience was great, and his secretary is super helpful (and so nice!). I guess some people can't be helped - but I'm ecstatic about my new hip!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2897061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

Awful at keeping up with needed paperwork which you desperately need when you are work and are on EI. Just added unnecessary stress and anxiety to the whole experience. Dismissive and avoidant when asked questions about follow up details.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2890912].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2015

I just had my second injection or PRP into my knee at Medcan. I cannot be happier. Dr Rodriguez injected both my knees 7 months ago and it took the pain away completely.
I only needed a second injection in one knee.
Thanks to my trainers, Dr Rodriguez and the magic of PRP, I'm back being active and pain free again!
I would recommend it to anyone!
Dr Rodriguez, you are amazing!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2873182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Just dismissive. So I dismissed him. I am writing this from the palce I saw this doctor as I wait in a line up with 50 other people for 3 hours. What a joke. At least I have internet access. Leaving now to find a new surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2825512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I visited Dr. Rodriguez once and will be undergoing total knee replacement surgery through him next year. I found his front desk staff very courteous and helpful. Dr. R took his time discussing my condition and answering all of my questions. I am hopeful that the surgery will yield excellent outcomes for a condition I've had over 30 years.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2790091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Was sent to this doctor for a hip problem. I had a surgery from another doct a few years ago. I was tol dhe was suppse to fix my hip and changet he old one to a new hip. He told me that I needed a knee befopre a new hip. He said the other doctor did an old fashioned surgery and they should retired. This guy think he is god gift to medicine. Very disappointed. I told my family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2746395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Before I saw the surgeon that finally did my knee who I gave a rave review on I saw this joker. What a hot head. He towered over me and tried to tell me he was the only surgeon who does these kinds of surgery in the city and that my questions seems to bore him. He dismissed me and told me to call his secretary who was supposed to give me all the answers to my questions. She didn't have a clue, but that's a nother story. So I have 2 years of knee pain and I tried to describe my -pain and he kept putting words in my mouth. Like he was finishing my sentences to hurry me along. The place I saw him at was nice but he was so arrogant I was worried I wasnt getting the full story. I saw him one more time at the hospital clinic before bailing. I read a bunch of these reviews which are totally bull because they have been written by the same person. Same number of sentences and way of talking. What a scam. If he's so good at what he does, why is it that whoever you talk to thinks he's an arrogant jerk. I sat in a waiting room filled with people complaining about how arrogant he is. talked down to me from day one. I went to see a female surgeon at the same hospital who ROCKED! I won't mention her name here. I don't want to start a war.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2746389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

This is so artificial it would take a total fool to believe that everyone who ever met him gave him a 5/5. Usually if someone is angry at you they would take the effort to write about you. Or if you were absolutely great and that is not the case in my situation. Horrible experience and would never go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2725391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I simply can't say enough about Dr. Rodrigues! I was admitted for a total knee replacement and the surgery was completed in under two hours. My experience was excellent. When I got to my room after surgery I was up and walking around. The nurse was terrified that I would fall and insisted I spend 24 hours in bed. Didn't happen. I was out walking the halls and visiting the coffee shop downstairs. Of course I used a cane but it was only for support. My knee feels great and physio says that after two days I am at the level they usually see after three to four weeks of therapy. Physio says it is normal to be able to move your lower leg about 20 degrees two days after surgery. I can move mine 95 degrees! I can only attribute this to the fantastic efforts and skills of Dr. Rodrigues and his staff. He is a down to earth, friendly man with a terrific sense of humor and possesses genuine humility. I highly recommend this physician. I couldn't have imagined the type of treatment I received or the speed of my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2652617].votes_count ]]