Ratings for Dr. Michelle Snarr

My experience with Dr. Snarr has been excellent. As she is not taking new patients at this time, I unfortunately am not able to have her as my physician. My 96 year old father is a patient of hers and has been for a few years, she is caring, personable, very logical and involves the patient when explaining her prognosis. She is punctual and yet she always has time to discuss any concerns. She always makes follow-up appointments and I feel confident that he is getting the very best care from an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

She is the best, very thorough and understanding. Reception and support staff are top notch, friendly and caring, love them all! I highly recommend her , she is genuine and will be upfront with what you may need....hope to be with her until she retires.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Regrettably, my experience with this Doctor corresponds completely with that of the individual who wrote the lengthy review in March 2017. I chose to leave the practise and seek the services of an alternative practitioner... and am greatly satisfied!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

ive had all good experiences with my visits with dr. snarr,she seems efficient,doesnt waste time and listen to what i said,no problems ,good doctor.ive read some of the negative reviews and realize we are all different,good days and bad,but i have been in the service business for 35 years and know how uninformed or misinformed the general public can be,you will never make everyone happy.once again very good doctor,thanks.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Unfortunately, I really have very little that is positive to say about Dr. Snarr other than she is punctual with her appointment times. Because of her lack of due diligence and apparently a lack of interest in appropriate follow ups, I have had two significantly bad experiences with her in the past year which have left me at the doorstep of making the decision to de-register and take my chances until I can get assigned another doctor. Generally speaking, she does not seem to like to listen to what you are telling her (the patient may not know what is causing the symptoms they are having but they certainly know how their body normally functions and what's not normal for them) and instead tends to be dismissive and make you feel like you are over-reacting, basically one notch above something stuck to the bottom of her shoe. I ended up being subjected to months of post-injury complications all because she did not listen and properly diagnose/refer me when I went to see her initially with specific concerns following an accident. After weeks and weeks of struggling with the injury, an injury that left me unable to work and left me unable to participate in the majority of my activities of daily living, I finally located a healthcare professional who knew within 10 minutes what type of injury I was dealing with and immediately got me on a rehab program to help me start recovering. She seems more pre-occupied with writing notes in the computer and being able to click a button to see pretty graphs of your bloodwork vs listening to you and working with you to identify what the symptoms may be caused by and being diligent about ordering tests and/or making referrals when she clearly does not have the specialized expertise to properly address your needs. When I was persistent in asking for testing, she told me the government has issued a mandate to doctors to not be ordering unnecessary tests. when I asked about perhaps being referred to a specialist, I was told there's no point because the closest one is in <X city>, they have a backlog of about a year and they take terrible notes. Because of her lack of diligence, I ended up on a journey for several months that was very frightening and painful and unnecessary. I've just had another health instance where I'd been experiencing a cluster of symptoms that, after dealing with them for 4 weeks, I knew they weren't normal and needed follow up. I went for an appt and shared my concerns and said what I had been experiencing. there didn't seem to be much responsiveness in terms of comment on what it might be or how to work through a process to either confirm something or at least start eliminating what it was not, so I suggested a couple things that I wondered about based on my limited knowledge. She did agree to do one test which came back negative (because that wasn't the medical issue it turned out to be). After another four weeks of dealing with progressively worsening symptoms and a serious reluctance to see her again because I knew she would just make me feel like a hypochondriac, I went to two walk-in clinics and the attending medical professionals ordered diagnostics. In the end, it was the Nurse Practitioner at the second clinic who knew very quickly what the cause could be, She wasted no time in ordering full bloodwork and a specialized test, and giving me a prescription immediately to help deal with the symptoms while we waited for test results. Tests confirmed a nasty infection which required multiple antibiotics and another medication to resolve. Again, my experience with her as a doctor left me in pain, frustrated, disillusioned and angry for unnecessary suffering. I am a well educated, senior level professional in my occupation and am by no means an unhealthy individual overall. I hate to be even contributing this review and am distraught at the realization I likely need to deregister and go without a doctor for the interim but I just felt it was important to share some of my experiences about this doctor. I'm sure there a plenty of folks who have had very positive experiences with her and I do think that if you are presenting with a fairly routine or commonly encountered medical condition she is more than competent to meet your needs. She is timely in her appointments and reasonably easy to get an appointment with and her office staff are great. My former family doctor passed away a few years ago and Dr. Snarr was the replacement; I am greatly missing my former doctor who had no hesitation or ego which prevented him from running tests, doing referrals or working with you to effectively manage any health concerns you had from time to time.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Excellent Doctor very caring and when I wasn't able to come to the office Dr. Snarr came to my home, you sure don't see that very often, all I can say is thank you for offering such great service.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr Snarr is an excellent Doctor. She is very kind, easy to talk to and genuinely cares for her patients. Highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Great health service I'm very lucky indeed! Always can get in the same day if need be. We are very fortunate to have a caring doctor, in our community.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Snarr is an excellent doctor. She will always see me, she is punctual and friendly. She keeps excellent records and always follows up on past concerns. She is friendly and always helpful. She does not over prescribe or book you for unnecessary appointments. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Michelle Snarr, is an excellent doctor. She's been incredibly helpful to me and my family and many other people I know. She is always pleasant to talk to, understanding and eager to help. It seems to me that she is dedicated. I've just been through a life threatening illness that she helped me get through. She was always able to see me at almost any time of day. As for the few negative comments above, sounds to me like someone is pissed for not getting the drugs the want but don't need. Find another doctor then! Cheers, Michelle! Happy New year.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014