Ratings for Dr. Ka Wai Yam

Dr. Yam is pleasant, listens, up to date, and very knowledgeable. She's the best Dr. I've had and am very thankful she's my Dr. My previous Dr. retired and I really lucked out.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

she is ok but sometimes too rush and talks too fast... although she do answer all your questions but you have a time limit

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I am a patient that Dr. Yam inherited from retiring Dr. Haussmann. Dr. Yam has been fantastic. helpful, caring, demonstrating a partnership with me in caring for my ongoing health.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr Yam is not supportive when it comes to your health. She told me that I better not think of having another child and I should loose weight. She's my doctor and she should be supportive and shouldn't say that. I didn't get a good vibe from Dr. Yam I told her that I wanted to get an IUD instead of using birth control pills and when I did get the IUD it fell out after few months and when I told her she said I'm glad it fell out. If your looking for a good doctor I would not recommend Dr Yam. The staff are always rude,unorganized and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

She is extremely friendly and puts me at ease every time I see her. She is easy to talk to and understands my health problems in a a way that other doctors have not. She is a gem of an MD!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

She actually cares about her patients. Great family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Yam is a skilled physician and a kind generous person. She patiently addresses each of my questions and I trust her treatment recommendations. I am fortunate to have her as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Doctor Yam has a fat bias which can seriously negatively impact the quality of the healthcare you receive if you are overweight or obese.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr. Yam is an excellent GP. I usually have a list of questions to ask her each visit, and she is always gracious and answers my queries to my satisfaction. I feel fortunate to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Warning to overweight or obese patients. Dr Yam has a fat bias which will affect how she medically treats you. My former physician's fat bias led to her prescribe a dangerous weight loss medication for me even when I had no problems caused by my obesity. The resulting rapid weight loss and regain led to my developing a fatty liver and an eating disorder. Dr. Yam also has a fat bias which leads her to ignore the issue you are going to see her for and prescribe weight loss diet treatment, which is the LAST thing a physician should do if a patient has an eating disorder. If you are overweight or obese, find a doctor who doesn't have a fat bias. They are hard to find, but less likely to have a negative impact on your health.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014