You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ka Wai Yam

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I am a patient that Dr. Yam inherited from retiring Dr. Haussmann. Dr. Yam has been fantastic. helpful, caring, demonstrating a partnership with me in caring for my ongoing health.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr Yam is not supportive when it comes to your health. She told me that I better not think of having another child and I should loose weight. She's my doctor and she should be supportive and shouldn't say that. I didn't get a good vibe from Dr. Yam I told her that I wanted to get an IUD instead of using birth control pills and when I did get the IUD it fell out after few months and when I told her she said I'm glad it fell out. If your looking for a good doctor I would not recommend Dr Yam. The staff are always rude,unorganized and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

She is extremely friendly and puts me at ease every time I see her. She is easy to talk to and understands my health problems in a a way that other doctors have not. She is a gem of an MD!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

She actually cares about her patients. Great family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. Yam is a skilled physician and a kind generous person. She patiently addresses each of my questions and I trust her treatment recommendations. I am fortunate to have her as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Dr. Yam is an excellent GP. I usually have a list of questions to ask her each visit, and she is always gracious and answers my queries to my satisfaction. I feel fortunate to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Warning to overweight or obese patients. Dr Yam has a fat bias which will affect how she medically treats you. My former physician's fat bias led to her prescribe a dangerous weight loss medication for me even when I had no problems caused by my obesity. The resulting rapid weight loss and regain led to my developing a fatty liver and an eating disorder. Dr. Yam also has a fat bias which leads her to ignore the issue you are going to see her for and prescribe weight loss diet treatment, which is the LAST thing a physician should do if a patient has an eating disorder. If you are overweight or obese, find a doctor who doesn't have a fat bias. They are hard to find, but less likely to have a negative impact on your health.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

As GPs go she is friendly and easy to talk to be she is just that a GP. Don't expect her to analyze your condition til the cows come home. But overall like all GP's that have no specialized field she is great at writing up a reference to any specialist you do need for your problem. Though you do need to tell her the specialist you would like to see. Like I have a sinus problem can you ref an Eyes, Ears Nose and Throat Dr. I've been sluggish can you check my thyroid levels. If you get my drift. But after that BAM you walk out with a reference in hand. Which now a days is really all you can expect from a GP Medicine is too broad to know it all. She is nice and patient but knowledge outside of physicals, writing references to places requested and prescribing antibiotics or birth control prescriptions is about the max of her skill level.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. Ka Wai Yam's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "she is ok but sometimes too rush and talks too fast... although she do answer all your questions but you have a time limit"

February 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a patient that Dr. Yam inherited from retiring Dr. Haussmann. Dr. Yam has been fantastic. helpful, caring, demonstrating a partnership with me in caring ..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Yam is not supportive when it comes to your health. She told me that I better not think of having another child and I should loose weight. She's my doctor an..."

November 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "She is extremely friendly and puts me at ease every time I see her. She is easy to talk to and understands my health problems in a a way that other doctors have..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She actually cares about her patients. Great family doctor. "

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yam is a skilled physician and a kind generous person. She patiently addresses each of my questions and I trust her treatment recommendations. I am fortunat..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Yam has a fat bias which can seriously negatively impact the quality of the healthcare you receive if you are overweight or obese. "

March 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yam is an excellent GP. I usually have a list of questions to ask her each visit, and she is always gracious and answers my queries to my satisfaction. I..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Warning to overweight or obese patients. Dr Yam has a fat bias which will affect how she medically treats you. My former physician's fat bias led to her prescr..."

November 16, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "As GPs go she is friendly and easy to talk to be she is just that a GP. Don't expect her to analyze your condition til the cows come home. But overall like al..."

October 14, 2014