Ratings for Christine Grain

I had surgery and was sent home on the next morning without having a bowel movement or flatus. As a result my family had to call 911 to take me back to the hospital. Dr. Grain a nurse practitioner with a DNP or PH.D alleged that she heard Bowel sounds when she barely touched my stomach with the stethoscope to listen. She is totally ineffective and I suffered a great deal with an unnecessary readmission and a 10 day hospital stay. This could have been prevented if she hadn't released me the morning after surgery. With a 24hr. readmission the insurance company payed probably triple -due to this woman's actions. When I told her I had no flatus or bowel movement she said "oh thats ok, just as long as you urinated" Is she crazy? What does urination have to do with someone who had major abdominal surgery??? She needs to return to school! I hope the insurance company refuses to pay HFH for this negligence. I should contact my attornies for pain and suffering--I'm very angry & still in pain!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011