Ratings for Dr. Karin Van Ryswyk

I have had several fillings over the last few years done here, never had any problems. The last filling I had left my bite way off! There was SO much filling shoved in my tooth that my teeth couldn't line up at all. I had to go back for a lot of bite adjustments, and it just never felt right again. I started getting charged for the bite adjustments, which is unfair because I paid to have a simple filling done, and am now left 6 months later, still dealing with it. My teeth are still not properly aligned, my jaw cracks when I chew, and my ear is constantly popping. This is all a result of a terrible filling. Not a day goes by where I don't think about my teeth and how they will never be right again. I do not recommend Dr Karin, it's all about the money.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

i have been going to Dr.Van Ryskwyk for 20+ years, and have always had a great experience - they never try to convince you to have unneeded work and are very friendly. I have only ever had 1 problem about 10 years ago when a hygenist was pushing a little too hard on my jaw and caused a stress with pre-existing condition with my jaw-bone. It was noted in my chart and never happened again as all future hygienists always made sure they were extra mindful of that area.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Great dentist and staff. They have have helped me overcome my fear of the dentist. I am eternally greatful.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I started going to this office this year. I had some very old fillings that had needed to be replaced but I had put if off . She numbed my gums and I never felt the needle and when she finished I couldn't believe how good my smile looked. I wish I had found her earlier.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Dr. Karin has been my dentist since I was a toddler and I have always had great experiences in her office. She and her staff always explain what they are doing and why. They are extremely friendly and knowledgable. I always enjoy my visits and I and still cavity free!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Karin is very polite and caring. I have to agree with a recent review that one of her staff, Pam, is loud, condescending, and would be better off hidden in a back room somewhere where she has no patient contact at all. She is the reason myself and my family are looking for a new dentist. That and the fact that their hours of operation do not accommodate working families.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr Karin and all her staff are the best. She has been our dentist for almost 15 years, and has taken extremely good care of us. We are always met with a smile when we walk in, and ANY questions or concerns are always dealt with quickly, correctly, and in the most courteous way. When I was going through chemo and radiation for breast cancer, she told me how the treatment could damage my teeth (the hospital staff never told me), and she guided me through my cancer treatment, and after following her recommendations, my teeth were just fine. Although we are thinking of moving 100 km away, we still plan to drive back here to Dr. Karin and her terrific staff. She has the most up to date technology. The office is decorated with a big castle for children to play with and Dr. Karin specializes in treating kids. Great dental team!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I have no trouble with this Dr. As he sends you to specialist to get the best results.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

My family have been patients of Dr VanRyswyks for 15+ years - we have never had a bad experience there until recently - for reasons unknown she has had some staff changes and a few of the newer employees are just not up to par with the previous team. One of the newest members works at the front desk and is loud, unprofessional and constantly interups you. I will learn to live with these little flaws because we love Dr Karin and her remaining original staff -

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

Dr Karin was my dentist for over 20 years before I moved. I loved the modern office and my new dentist told me my dental work was excellent. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012