World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Karin Van Ryswyk

I am a long time patient and the service and work have always been excellent .Looking forward to another 20 years of great dental treatment.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

Do not recommend this dentist. Dr Karen was very rude the last time I visited her dental office, making unnecessary comments while she was fixing a chip on my tooth. Stating there is nothing more she can do about the chip besides shaving my tooth even more and not filling in the chip. It’s my money - I can come back as many times as I please to get the chip filled on my front tooth. And stating while fixing it oh I better smooth this up or you’ll come right back in. I never once have ever complained about anything at the dentist - always easy going, and never put up a fuss if they are running behind and have always been pleased with their work. This comment from Dr Karin was uncalled for and rude. Went to the dentist not long ago and paid $110.00 for them to scrape my teeth and floss them. I then had to ask about the polishing (which was 25$ for less than one minute of polishing and a very crappy job) ... $135.00 later and my teeth do not even feel clean. Will not be returning to this dentist that I have been going to for over 20 years. Will no let support dentists who are not about the patients and are all about the money.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Dr. Karin Van Ryswyk's response
We are sorry that we are unable to identify the writer or the described situation. Please contact the office and we will do our best to resolve any issue.

Submitted April 19, 2018

Really feeling it is all about the money in this office. Cash up front even if you have insurance coverage and they do not help you or work with you as to what is covered and what is not. Just give you the bill and book more appointments. Every other dentist I have had bill my insurance company directly. Looking for another dentist who is more customer service Focussed.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Dr. Karin Van Ryswyk's response
We apologize for any misunderstanding regarding your dental insurance payments. Our practice follows the Ontario Dental Association's recommendation that we deal directly with our patients and not the insurance companies. We invite you to call to discuss the matter. www.oda.on.ca/you-your-dentist/dental-benefits-explained91

Submitted April 19, 2018

I have had several fillings over the last few years done here, never had any problems. The last filling I had left my bite way off! There was SO much filling shoved in my tooth that my teeth couldn't line up at all. I had to go back for a lot of bite adjustments, and it just never felt right again. I started getting charged for the bite adjustments, which is unfair because I paid to have a simple filling done, and am now left 6 months later, still dealing with it. My teeth are still not properly aligned, my jaw cracks when I chew, and my ear is constantly popping. This is all a result of a terrible filling. Not a day goes by where I don't think about my teeth and how they will never be right again. I do not recommend Dr Karin, it's all about the money.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

i have been going to Dr.Van Ryskwyk for 20+ years, and have always had a great experience - they never try to convince you to have unneeded work and are very friendly. I have only ever had 1 problem about 10 years ago when a hygenist was pushing a little too hard on my jaw and caused a stress with pre-existing condition with my jaw-bone. It was noted in my chart and never happened again as all future hygienists always made sure they were extra mindful of that area.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Great dentist and staff. They have have helped me overcome my fear of the dentist. I am eternally greatful.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I started going to this office this year. I had some very old fillings that had needed to be replaced but I had put if off . She numbed my gums and I never felt the needle and when she finished I couldn't believe how good my smile looked. I wish I had found her earlier.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Dr. Karin has been my dentist since I was a toddler and I have always had great experiences in her office. She and her staff always explain what they are doing and why. They are extremely friendly and knowledgable. I always enjoy my visits and I and still cavity free!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Karin is very polite and caring. I have to agree with a recent review that one of her staff, Pam, is loud, condescending, and would be better off hidden in a back room somewhere where she has no patient contact at all. She is the reason myself and my family are looking for a new dentist. That and the fact that their hours of operation do not accommodate working families.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr Karin and all her staff are the best. She has been our dentist for almost 15 years, and has taken extremely good care of us. We are always met with a smile when we walk in, and ANY questions or concerns are always dealt with quickly, correctly, and in the most courteous way. When I was going through chemo and radiation for breast cancer, she told me how the treatment could damage my teeth (the hospital staff never told me), and she guided me through my cancer treatment, and after following her recommendations, my teeth were just fine. Although we are thinking of moving 100 km away, we still plan to drive back here to Dr. Karin and her terrific staff. She has the most up to date technology. The office is decorated with a big castle for children to play with and Dr. Karin specializes in treating kids. Great dental team!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. Karin Van Ryswyk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English