Ratings for Dr. Gary Miles

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Dr. Miles was called in to assist when the delivery of my first daughter went awry. He acted quickly, calmly, and confidently in a very scary situation. Had it not been for his intervention, I would not be around today. After surgery, he explained what happened and answered our questions respectfully and fully. I was thankful to have had him on my side!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

My midwife called him in to assist in the birth of my daughter. He was clear, polite, thorough and performed an emergency episiotomy which he precisely stitched despite a lot of swelling. It was a pleasant experience despite unpleasant circumstances.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

I did not feel that he heard my questions. Having had a skin reaction to Premarin Cream, he told me there was no alternative. My new ob/gyn prescribed an Est-ring that works for me. He also told me to use lots of a steriod cream that I suspected would thin out skin that was already irritated. He told me not to listen if my family dr. told me it would have that effect. My new ob/gyn confirmed that it would indeed thin out the skin and to stop using it. I can accept that medicine is an art, and that opinions may vary, but I really did feel that he dismissed my questions (when he had decided the visit was over and was out the door). I consider myself to be fairly stoic but came out of his office feeling like I was a needy woman that had wasted his time. Too bad Trevor Cohen left his practice.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

I saw Dr Miles as he was taking over Dr Cohen's surgical patients. My endometrial ablation was a big success. I had met him previously when Dr Cohen was away and he had suggested that option. I didn't take that option and chose the Mirena IUD. The IUD did not work for me and after 1 year, I decided spotting for 365 days was enough! Dr Miles was very tthorough in his explanation including all the things that could go wrong in surgery. I had the operation on Oct 2011 and am back to regular periods :)

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

I saw Dr. Miles as he was a locum for Dr. Trevor Cohen. My doctor, who is a surgeon, referred me to Dr. Cohen because they had worked together on endometriosis. I saw Dr. Miles about getting a laparoscopy to find out if I have endometriosis and to remove it. When I saw Dr. Miles, he asked me various questions but I was stunned when he said my answers were "unlikely". He explained why he thought it was unlikely but even when I confirmed that my answers were accurate, he said, "I doubt it." For example, he didn't believe I was 9 when I got my first period. Reviews online seem to say he's good with births and fertility but DO NOT see this man for endometriosis. He doesn't seem to understand the illness nor does he care if it makes you infertile. In fact, I asked about that possibility, and he said the 'solution' to endo is painkillers and fertility treatment. He also gave me the age-old, "You're a woman. You get pain. Get over it." Do not see him for endo! I'm waiting for specialist No. 2

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Dr. Miles was called in during my preterm birth of my daughter. The midwives consulted him as the on call ob. He was gentle, listened to me and compassionate. Excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012