You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Nazira Chatur

I have had a couple of colonoscopies performed by Dr Chatur at UBC..she is very knowledgable and I have recommended her to several friends..I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I waited over an hour past my appointment time. Once with Dr. Chatur, she was thorough and to the point (which I appreciate). Her sensible approach to management of my chronic bowel disease was great. Get in, and get out- that's my goal and that's what happened... once I got to see her. Not pleased about the wait... hope it doesn't go so long next time.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I am always amazed at Doctor Chaturs thoughtfulness. She is indeed an excellent doctor who is kind and patient. She is a straight forward doctor and will try to make the most of your time. One should always remember that she is trying to help her patients and give them the attention needed, yet she is not a magician. Please keep it short, work with her and you will find a GREAT, OUTSTANDING gastroenterologist. Dr. Chatur is a gem!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had my gastroscopy done two days ago. I found Dr. Chatur knowledgeable and very caring. Based on my history of family stomach cancer, she decided to go for gastroscopy to put my mind at ease. Her office followed up with me to schedule the time to go through the procedure. I had at first some reservation to go through it but the friendly staff and nurses were quite helpful. The procedure took only few minutes and I had no problem after the test. She is a very competent doctor and I will seek further advice from her regarding diet as well. I am sure she will answer my questions with the same level of proficiency and attentiveness as her gastroscopy :-)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Very helpful, caring and really wants the best for your health. Does not rush into procedures. Asks other gastroenterologists for advice and consults when the situation is difficult and tricky. Amazing support staff to relay information and ask for advice. Does everything she can to expedite care when things are not going well.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis two years ago and had a second flare after the first. I found Dr Chatur to be mostly mediocre. She refuses to consider other approaches other than stronger and stronger drugs, denies the positive effects of dietary changes, and can be condescending and insulting when asked questions.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I am grateful to Dr. Chatur for her care and diagnosis of my long term gastro issues. Upon our first visit, she did a thorough history. Her calm explanation of the upcoming procedures and possible results soothed any anxiety I had. The medication prescribed has given me back a quality of life that had been missing for years. Her staff is always professional but warm when I deal with them, and I would not hesitate to refer Dr. Chatur to anyone I loved.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr Chatur is the most kind and considerate Dr. I have ever met. Talking to her was like talking to a longtime friend - unhurried, no pressure and full of human empathy. She diagnosed my problem immediately and did not press me to have any further intervention as she believed further investigation 'under the knife' carried serious risks. I will continue to see her every 3 years - I trust her skill and expertise and I would give her 6 stars I could:-)

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

I must have seen a different Dr. than the one the other comments describe. Without a doubt the most arrogant, insensitive and dishonest Dr. I have ever encountered. Prescribed a motility agent she insisted was "the most powerful anti-nauseant on the market" but was nothing of the sort. Refused to discuss any alternate treatments or any alternate anti-nauseants (thankfully a more compenent Dr. was able to help me). Bragged incessentatly about herself and how great she was throughout both consults (had to phone and beg her staff for the second appointment - apparently Dr. C does not see any value in following up with her patients re: test results). I would sooner see a Vet then have anything further to do with Dr. Chatur.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

From our first visit we found Dr.Chatur very caring, compassionate and helpful with a family member who has disabilities. She was recommended to us by another Doctor, who suggested that she would be the right Doctor to deal with our situation. We are thankful to her.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

Dr. Nazira Chatur's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had a couple of colonoscopies performed by Dr Chatur at UBC..she is very knowledgable and I have recommended her to several friends..I highly recommend h..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I waited over an hour past my appointment time. Once with Dr. Chatur, she was thorough and to the point (which I appreciate). Her sensible approach to managemen..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am always amazed at Doctor Chaturs thoughtfulness. She is indeed an excellent doctor who is kind and patient. She is a straight forward doctor and will try to..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my gastroscopy done two days ago. I found Dr. Chatur knowledgeable and very caring. Based on my history of family stomach cancer, she decided to go for ga..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Very helpful, caring and really wants the best for your health. Does not rush into procedures. Asks other gastroenterologists for advice and consults when the s..."

September 28, 2014