Ratings for Dr. Nazira Chatur

Dr. Chatur dismissed my symptoms of not being able to swallow food and liquids and I continually lost weight. She was rude to me and I have a suspicion that she felt I had an eating disorder. After I consulted with another Gastroenterologist, who listened very carefully to understand my symptoms, they discovered I had a very rare disease and required surgery. Advice to you all: Be an advocate for your own health - trust your instincts!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Myself - crohn's patient since 18 yr old. I am now 53. Dr. Chatur is an excellent doctor - changed my life for the better. Very impressed.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I'm appreciative that I was referred to Dr. Chatur. She is very caring, helpful, and goes into great effort to explain your disease. I feel that she also goes above and beyond to make sure you feel better. So far I have had a sigmoidoscopy procedure completed by her. It was quick procedure and I didn't experience any pain. She was very thorough when explaining the results and the next steps to take. I will be scheduling a colonoscopy with her soon and I have high confidence that she will do an excellent job. I would also like to mention her friendly staff. They are very professional when answering the phone. They are quick with relaying messages to Dr. Chatur and getting back to you with her response. I would go as far as saying that Dr. Chatur is the best doctor I have met, and her team is incredibly outstanding. Although she is the only gastroenterologist that I know, I would highly suggest that you consider her to examine you.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I have had a couple of colonoscopies performed by Dr Chatur at UBC..she is very knowledgable and I have recommended her to several friends..I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I waited over an hour past my appointment time. Once with Dr. Chatur, she was thorough and to the point (which I appreciate). Her sensible approach to management of my chronic bowel disease was great. Get in, and get out- that's my goal and that's what happened... once I got to see her. Not pleased about the wait... hope it doesn't go so long next time.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I am always amazed at Doctor Chaturs thoughtfulness. She is indeed an excellent doctor who is kind and patient. She is a straight forward doctor and will try to make the most of your time. One should always remember that she is trying to help her patients and give them the attention needed, yet she is not a magician. Please keep it short, work with her and you will find a GREAT, OUTSTANDING gastroenterologist. Dr. Chatur is a gem!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had my gastroscopy done two days ago. I found Dr. Chatur knowledgeable and very caring. Based on my history of family stomach cancer, she decided to go for gastroscopy to put my mind at ease. Her office followed up with me to schedule the time to go through the procedure. I had at first some reservation to go through it but the friendly staff and nurses were quite helpful. The procedure took only few minutes and I had no problem after the test. She is a very competent doctor and I will seek further advice from her regarding diet as well. I am sure she will answer my questions with the same level of proficiency and attentiveness as her gastroscopy :-)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Very helpful, caring and really wants the best for your health. Does not rush into procedures. Asks other gastroenterologists for advice and consults when the situation is difficult and tricky. Amazing support staff to relay information and ask for advice. Does everything she can to expedite care when things are not going well.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis two years ago and had a second flare after the first. I found Dr Chatur to be mostly mediocre. She refuses to consider other approaches other than stronger and stronger drugs, denies the positive effects of dietary changes, and can be condescending and insulting when asked questions.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I am grateful to Dr. Chatur for her care and diagnosis of my long term gastro issues. Upon our first visit, she did a thorough history. Her calm explanation of the upcoming procedures and possible results soothed any anxiety I had. The medication prescribed has given me back a quality of life that had been missing for years. Her staff is always professional but warm when I deal with them, and I would not hesitate to refer Dr. Chatur to anyone I loved.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014