You may also like

Rate Dr. Nazira Chatur

Dr. Nazira Chatur's Ratings

I waited over an hour past my appointment time. Once with Dr. Chatur, she was thorough and to the point (which I appreciate). Her sensible approach to management of my chronic bowel disease was great. Get in, and get out- that's my goal and that's what happened... once I got to see her. Not pleased about the wait... hope it doesn't go so long next time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2842410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I am always amazed at Doctor Chaturs thoughtfulness. She is indeed an excellent doctor who is kind and patient. She is a straight forward doctor and will try to make the most of your time. One should always remember that she is trying to help her patients and give them the attention needed, yet she is not a magician. Please keep it short, work with her and you will find a GREAT, OUTSTANDING gastroenterologist. Dr. Chatur is a gem!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2827470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had my gastroscopy done two days ago. I found Dr. Chatur knowledgeable and very caring. Based on my history of family stomach cancer, she decided to go for gastroscopy to put my mind at ease. Her office followed up with me to schedule the time to go through the procedure. I had at first some reservation to go through it but the friendly staff and nurses were quite helpful. The procedure took only few minutes and I had no problem after the test. She is a very competent doctor and I will seek further advice from her regarding diet as well. I am sure she will answer my questions with the same level of proficiency and attentiveness as her gastroscopy :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Very helpful, caring and really wants the best for your health. Does not rush into procedures. Asks other gastroenterologists for advice and consults when the situation is difficult and tricky. Amazing support staff to relay information and ask for advice. Does everything she can to expedite care when things are not going well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis two years ago and had a second flare after the first. I found Dr Chatur to be mostly mediocre. She refuses to consider other approaches other than stronger and stronger drugs, denies the positive effects of dietary changes, and can be condescending and insulting when asked questions.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2496451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

I am grateful to Dr. Chatur for her care and diagnosis of my long term gastro issues. Upon our first visit, she did a thorough history. Her calm explanation of the upcoming procedures and possible results soothed any anxiety I had. The medication prescribed has given me back a quality of life that had been missing for years. Her staff is always professional but warm when I deal with them, and I would not hesitate to refer Dr. Chatur to anyone I loved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2493875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Dr Chatur is the most kind and considerate Dr. I have ever met. Talking to her was like talking to a longtime friend - unhurried, no pressure and full of human empathy. She diagnosed my problem immediately and did not press me to have any further intervention as she believed further investigation 'under the knife' carried serious risks. I will continue to see her every 3 years - I trust her skill and expertise and I would give her 6 stars I could:-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138503].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

I must have seen a different Dr. than the one the other comments describe. Without a doubt the most arrogant, insensitive and dishonest Dr. I have ever encountered. Prescribed a motility agent she insisted was "the most powerful anti-nauseant on the market" but was nothing of the sort. Refused to discuss any alternate treatments or any alternate anti-nauseants (thankfully a more compenent Dr. was able to help me). Bragged incessentatly about herself and how great she was throughout both consults (had to phone and beg her staff for the second appointment - apparently Dr. C does not see any value in following up with her patients re: test results). I would sooner see a Vet then have anything further to do with Dr. Chatur.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][138504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

From our first visit we found Dr.Chatur very caring, compassionate and helpful with a family member who has disabilities. She was recommended to us by another Doctor, who suggested that she would be the right Doctor to deal with our situation. We are thankful to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

My experience with Dr. Chatur last year was all positive. I felt an empathy and caring that was so appreciated after being newly diagnosed with colon cancer. I am seeing her for a follow up and have absolutely no "white coat syndrome" about a return visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][138501].votes_count ]]