Ratings for Dr. Nazira Chatur

I first saw her about 4 years ago. I really love the fact she is a female and I felt comfortable. She was great. Fast forward to now...she seemed like a completely different doctor. Maybe she needs a vacation? Anyways, there was a road block and I was stuck in traffic, so I called the office to let them know I was going to be late. The MOA was a bit irritated which I'd understand. There was a line to get in the elevator which was not too bad but I arrived 4 minutes late. I was not seen til 22 mins later. My family doctor diagnosed me with something and that's why I referred there again... And she later accused me of self-diagnosing myself and told me not to do that. Quite a condescending attitude when I was just misinformed about my condition. I was telling her about my current situation and brought up the topic of my previous appointments with her and she told me not to bring up the past. Everytime I spoke she interrupted me by speaking louder and then told me to let her talk and wait for questions til the end. I did not get to ask questions at the end. I am extremely upset and I will probably ask for a different specialist.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

So very thankful to have been referred to Dr. Chatur. My initial appointment was scheduled promptly, and subsequent necessary procedures were made swiftly, with accommodations for my travel schedule as my community did not have a Gastroenterologist. Dr. Chatur's skill and expertise averted the possibility of having to undergo a bowel resection. She expertly, painlessly, and with excellent bedside manner, removed a large growth in my colon that had been causing me years of digestive and emotional distress. After the procedures were complete my digestion returned to normal for the first time in years. I highly recommend this compassionate professional.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Chatur went to great lengths to determine what was the cause of a sudden change in bowel activity, numerous lab tests as well as a colonoscopy, thanks to her fastidiousness a common infection was found and has been remedied. Life is back to normal and I am thrilled. I was becoming paranoid about being near a bathroom at all times.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Dr. Chatur dismissed my symptoms of not being able to swallow food and liquids and I continually lost weight. She was rude to me and I have a suspicion that she felt I had an eating disorder. After I consulted with another Gastroenterologist, who listened very carefully to understand my symptoms, they discovered I had a very rare disease and required surgery. Advice to you all: Be an advocate for your own health - trust your instincts!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Myself - crohn's patient since 18 yr old. I am now 53. Dr. Chatur is an excellent doctor - changed my life for the better. Very impressed.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I'm appreciative that I was referred to Dr. Chatur. She is very caring, helpful, and goes into great effort to explain your disease. I feel that she also goes above and beyond to make sure you feel better. So far I have had a sigmoidoscopy procedure completed by her. It was quick procedure and I didn't experience any pain. She was very thorough when explaining the results and the next steps to take. I will be scheduling a colonoscopy with her soon and I have high confidence that she will do an excellent job. I would also like to mention her friendly staff. They are very professional when answering the phone. They are quick with relaying messages to Dr. Chatur and getting back to you with her response. I would go as far as saying that Dr. Chatur is the best doctor I have met, and her team is incredibly outstanding. Although she is the only gastroenterologist that I know, I would highly suggest that you consider her to examine you.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I have had a couple of colonoscopies performed by Dr Chatur at UBC..she is very knowledgable and I have recommended her to several friends..I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I waited over an hour past my appointment time. Once with Dr. Chatur, she was thorough and to the point (which I appreciate). Her sensible approach to management of my chronic bowel disease was great. Get in, and get out- that's my goal and that's what happened... once I got to see her. Not pleased about the wait... hope it doesn't go so long next time.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I am always amazed at Doctor Chaturs thoughtfulness. She is indeed an excellent doctor who is kind and patient. She is a straight forward doctor and will try to make the most of your time. One should always remember that she is trying to help her patients and give them the attention needed, yet she is not a magician. Please keep it short, work with her and you will find a GREAT, OUTSTANDING gastroenterologist. Dr. Chatur is a gem!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I had my gastroscopy done two days ago. I found Dr. Chatur knowledgeable and very caring. Based on my history of family stomach cancer, she decided to go for gastroscopy to put my mind at ease. Her office followed up with me to schedule the time to go through the procedure. I had at first some reservation to go through it but the friendly staff and nurses were quite helpful. The procedure took only few minutes and I had no problem after the test. She is a very competent doctor and I will seek further advice from her regarding diet as well. I am sure she will answer my questions with the same level of proficiency and attentiveness as her gastroscopy :-)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015