Ratings for Dr. Joann Falcon

Joann is an exceptional midwife all around. I have used her for all three of my home births. Two of my little ones born in water and one on land. She is extremely knowledgeable and caring. I could not imagine having anyone else to help bring my babies into the world. I recommend her to everyone considering a natural home birth delivery.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I switched to Joann at 33 weeks into my pregnancy so that I could have the best chance at having a successful VBAC. She was always honest with me with all of my questions. She was always encouraging and made me feel extremely comfortable and fearless of my birth. She worked with us financially so we could hire her (we had not saved any money to pay for a home birth midwife beforehand). She's WAY cheaper than most midwives (at least HALF the price of all others that I interviewed), has lots of experience, and really believes in birth! She never said anything insensitive or anything that fed into my fear of birth complications. She also offers her home as a birth place so people may travel to her, if needed, which is what I did. Her house is about 5 minutes from TWO hospitals which is great in the case of a transfer. My birth went beautifully, and Joann played a huge role in that. Read my story here: http://purerinheart.blogspot.com/2014/04/noahs-birth-story-part-2-birth.html

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Joann was our midwife for 2 births. She did an excellent job on both occasions. She was professional and extremely knowledgeable when I had issues. She was about 90 minutes away but we knew that when we hired her, so that was taken into account when labor started.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

midwife did not show up for delivery resulting in death of twin

flag | Submitted October 27, 2013

We choose Joann as a midwife to birth our identical twin girls. I went into labor on 05/24/2013 at 40 weeks. When I went into labor Joann was no where to be found. My planned homebirth ended up being an unassisted child birth with my and my husband resulting in the death of one of our twin daughters. I received poor treatment from Joann I would advise any family considering to chose Joann as a midwife to stay away because it's not worth loosing a child. I asked Joann for a refund to help pay for my daughters funeral arrangement and she advised me to contact her lawyer. I called her numerous of times she ignored my phone calls and refused to speak with me. She did not complete any screening test for my children, complete birth certificate forms etc.... I've been left with the death of a daughter and paperwork. I wish I never met Joann and wish she would have advised me to go to a hospital that night I went into labor. .

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013