Ratings for Dr. Rachel M. Zimmer

She is such a great human being! When it was time for me to give birth my original doctor was not available so she came instead and I am so glad she did. Before she arrived the other doctors were getting everything ready for a c-section but she came in to save the day. She helped me have this baby natural and she made me feel very calm. It took me a while to find her again and tell her thank you but Im very grateful she helped me deliver my first baby the way I wanted it to happen.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I am 7 months pregnant and seriously considering to switch from my doctor to a midwife. Rachel is no longer with Macarthur OBGYN. Can someone please give me her contact info or the office that she is working with currently. With all the nice reviews here, I would really like her to be my midwife. Thanks in advance!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

She is the best OBGYN I could've ever asked for! I feel so blessed to have had her for my first pregnancy. I wish I had enough money to have her come to Houston for me! She cares so much for her patients, the baby and is always there for you! I highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

My name is Helena Vanegas and Rachel is my midwife. She is AWESOME!! I would recommend her with 100% confidence to anyone, she is kind and attentive and really takes time to explain the process of pregnancy and child birth to her patients. She makes you feel completely comfortable and right at home. Not to mention that the office staff is excellent and there is never a long wait.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I highly recommend rachel zimmer. You will not regret it. J

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Rachel is an AWESOME midwife. She was so supportive and helpful during the labor and delivery of my baby girl. I'll recommend her to anyone that's looking to have a baby.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

Rachel is easy to work with, really listens, and is kind and compassionate. I also fully trust her with caring for this pregnancy. She has been very thorough with making sure I see appropriate specialists and have the appropriate tests run. I drive almost a half hour to see her and it's worth it. She runs on time except if she's at a delivery. However, the staff is very accommodating with either rescheduling, having you see the PA, or telling you how the long wait time will be til she returns. My only criticism is that there were 2 times I've left messages and my calls were not returned. AMJ

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Deneen K. - I rated all 5's because i was at another office before going to MacArthur OBGYN and i wasn't satisfied at all. Pick MacArthur location was a great decision. Rachel Zimmer is a great midwife. She is friendly, caring, and actually enjoy what she is doing. She makes me feel very comfortable, and so do the rest of MacArthur OBGYN. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. The waiting isn't long at all and Rachel sit and talk about anything that the patient want to discuss. I dont feel rushed or ignored when i go to her. i absolutely love going to my appointments.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

I still remember how happy I was after leaving Rachel's office for the first time. She is a very warm, bubbly person and she always makes me feel relaxed and confident in my pregnancy. After deciding to have a natural birth, I wanted someone that I felt would be my voice from a medical standpoint. I have not given birth yet but I am confident that Rachel will do everything she can to make sure that my birth experience goes as smooth as a natural birth can be! I look forward to my last few visits with her and especially the delivery!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Rachel is amazing. She and the staff at Baylor Irving did a great job delivering my second child. She helped me have the kind of labor and delivery I wanted, which was natural. She really works to give you the experience you are looking for. She works out of a doctor's office, which is prompt and friendly. I was amazed how even the girls at the front desk learned my name. I can't recommend anyone more highly.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012