Ratings for Linda A. Perry

I was extremely unhappy with Linda Perry as a midwife throughout my pregnancy. Her judgements always seemed to be off. During appointments she would ask me where the baby was and I would tell her. She would always tell me I was wrong and the baby was on the other side. But when she went to check the baby's heart rate with the monitor she would be wrong every single time. When it was time to deliver she put both my life and my baby's life at risk due to her incompetence. Luckily, we were at a hospital and doctors had to intervene so both my baby and I turned out fine. But I went through uneccesary trauma and pain due to her decisions.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Linda Perry. She was my midwife for my first pregnancy. My prenatal visits felt like I was visiting a friend. She is very knowledgeable and was always there for my nervous first time mommy questions. I had a long labor, and she stayed with me and encouraged me through it. It was the best experience. Now I'm so excited I am having my second baby with her as well. I can't wait.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Linda Perry has no staff, so I could not rate that. I had a great experience with her. I came to her for thermography. She was very efficient and organized. All her files are electronic. She explained everything that she did, and I felt very at ease. My report and receipt were emailed to me quickly. I now use her for all my gyn care as well, and am very happy. Her office in NYC is beautiful and soothing. When I got my results, I had an extensive phone consultation and went over everything, and helped me create lifestyle changes. I am extremely happy with her care and have recommended her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

I saw her for breast thermography rather than midwifery, at her Caldwell, NJ location. She has no staff and takes phone calls during the session. She performed the thermography, and I gave her a check at the time. The next day she sent me a link to an online software program which was supposed to provide an appointment summary, including billing information, but that section was empty. A week later she emailed me the results and said to call her to discuss them. She answered the phone, and we spoke about the results, but no receipt or billing statement was ever sent. I have emailed her and called twice since (Her answering machine says she will return calls within 24 hrs.)but there has been absolutely no response. If you choose to use her, be sure to get a bill/receipt at the time of payment or you may find yourself unable to get one at all. I can understand initially forgetting to attach a financial statement if one has no staff, but not refusing to return calls/emails. Makes no sense

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I couldn't agree any more with the first comment...it was such a disappointment during my pregnancy and specially at the end. I didn't change my care giver and that's my biggest regret I have about my pregnancy and birth experience. I just didn't have the guts..so stupid when I look bad. I had a feeling after seeing her a couple of times. Nothing turned out how we wished for and she couldn't have been any more distant, uninterested and cold as she was. It was ALL about the money and when she received it from my health insurance she NEVER got back to me. She didn't even show up for the first postpartum visit in person and sent instead her fellow midwife to fallow up on us. Without any notice in advance, no call.. nothing. It's now more than a year since I've had my baby but I'm still dealing with this huge disappointment. In my case, I'm sad I can't report anything better in the name of home birth and midwifery.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Linda doesn't have staff it's just her. And she needs help. She takes forever to get back to you and "loses" emails. I had to harass her for test results and sometimes never got them. She seems like her heart isn't in it anymore. She has a lot of knowledge but you always have to come peeped with questions she never offers info and seems often annoyed and bothered by us. I really had no confidence in her and she was very cold in the end. I wouldn't recommend her at all. She never remembered my details and took almost the whole apt time trying to figure out her iPad. She didn't even make it to my birth. I felt really let down. I had to do everything myself with her and was very unhappy in te end.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013