Ratings for Dr. Joyce L. Nichols

I had a bad experience with this midwife. She did not have a good bedside manner and behaved more like a medical doctor than what one would expect from a well-trained midwife. Other midwives at this location were kinder and had a better method but I would not recommend this particular midwife. When I called a week after emergency c-section regarding pain I had and requested a refill, she refused to do so unless I came into the office to see her, accused me of abusing medication and having post-partum depression. I did not have depression or abuse, I just had major surgery with pain associated with it and it is not easy for a woman who just had her stomach cut open and handling a newborn baby to just run to the doctor. So instead, I felt abandoned by my medical provider and left to deal with the pain and issues by myself. I wish I had chosen a different medical provider.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014