Ratings for Dr. Donna Tabas

Donna Tabas was the midwife for my first birth, which thankfully was a beautiful, meaningful and empowering experience that I went through without any medications or epidural. My prenatal visits with Donna were long and thorough - she went through every little detail with me and made sure that I was educated on all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth, which helped me stay calm during my labour because every course of action had been explained to me beforehand. Donna has excellent bedside manner. The prenatal visits were all done at my house, which made me very comfortable right from the beginning and helped build a trusting relationship between Donna and I. It's also a luxury to have all your prenatal checks done on your own bed or couch, and super convenient not to have to leave the house! I called Donna when I went into labour and she checked me right at the beginning when I was only 2cm dilated. She diagnosed that my baby was posterior, which can sometimes lead to a c-section if the baby doesn't turn by itself, so she made me do exercises to help turn the baby, and 45 minutes into the exercises, it worked and I felt my baby turn inside me! Thanks to this good beginning, my labour went really fast from there and a few hours later, she checked me again and I left for the hospital. At the hospital, Donna stayed with me the entire time. She helped massage me and made sure I was comfortable in every way, taking into account all of my requests of how and where I wanted to labour. When I was pushing, she poured olive oil over the baby's head numerous times as it was coming out to avoid me tearing, which worked very nicely. She is an extremely knowledgeable certified nurse midwife of the highest caliber with a ton of experience, and I trusted her completely which made it so much easier to be relaxed during my labour. I knew that my strongest advocate was the one calling the shots. Donna is a caring midwife who empowered me to feel that I was the one birthing my baby with her as the facilitator. She took the time to get to know me and by the time I gave birth, I felt like a dear friend was delivering my baby. She was clearly emotional after the birth and hand-knitted me a beautiful hat for the baby as a gift. Whenever I hear of people who had challenges or complications during their births that might have been avoided, I feel very grateful that I had Donna as my midwife. Anne P

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

DONNA TABAS, CNM – I was seeing obstetrician when I got pregnant, and the very good one as I thought. However, during my pregnancy visits to her, I always felt that I am not informed enough about important things: different testing that was required of me, what kind of food I should and should not eat, my increasing difficulty in doing my teaching job…. Hence, I decided to find somebody who will give me enough of his or her time and attention, and answer all of my questions. And that, and much more, is exactly what I have found in midwife Donna Tabas, who soon became way more to me than just a midwife. Donna won my admiration at our introductory appointment with her gentle, intuitive, yet persistent nature; with her deep and vast knowledge of anything and everything connected with pregnancy and birthing; and her love and dedication to her patients. Donna is first and foremost great medical professional and she always first took care of my physical wellbeing during our monthly appointments. What I appreciate the most, however, is how much time and energy she put into getting to know me and my not only physical but emotional and mental life, my believes and interests, my way of thinking and living, as well as to educate me about everything that I needed and wanted to know about my pregnancy and birthing. She showed me that she is a type of care provider who I can trust with my life and the life of my unborn child with full confidence that she will do her best to keep us safe and help him come into this world in the best possible way. And this confidence in Donna’s intuitive and knowledgeable skills and abilities just skyrocketed at my birthing because she, together with my dream team (you can read in more detail about it in my birthing story “My Dream Team” on Donna Tabas website http://www.northjerseymidwiferycare.com/), made it possible for me to have a miraculous, amazing, unforgettable birthing and to bring my son into this world how I dreamed I would: lovingly, gently, patiently, naturally, vaginally, unmedicated. My son was positioned in such a way that under slightly different supervision, his birthing would ended up being a C-section. Donna, however, made miracle possible and turned sure C-section into unmedicated vaginal birth with her amazing knowledge and experience, determination and dedication, and above all her love and care. Therefore, Donna Tabas will always have special place in my heart. THANK YOU, DONNA! With love and eternal gratitude, TV

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Hiring Donna as my CNM was the best thing I did for both me and my baby. Her knowledge and expertise is top notch. She is extremely thorough and patient when explaining the pregnancy and birthing process. And during the birthing process it was most evident that I had hired a talented, skillfull and focused professional. My birth experience was marvelous and I am certain it had a lot to do with the fact that she was leading my team. Donna has a kind and compassionate personality that made me feel supported during my most vulnerable moments (pre-natal and birthing moments). I highly recommend Donna.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I'm grateful I had Donna Tabas as my midwife. She had provided not only exceptional professional care but had also given her personal emotional support that made me feel so comfortable and secure throughout my pregnancy and childbirth experience. Donna is a truly dedicated to her work midwife who takes her duty of delivering a baby "safely into mother's arms" as one of the most important purposes of her life. She is a strong advocate of natural birth and that is primarily why I've chosen her. My expectations were satisfied completely. I had a safe and joyful journey through my pregnancy and birth with Donna always being there for me. No doctor would ever take such care of me as Donna did. She provided the best care possible for me and my baby. I will forever be thankful to her for that.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I had the absolute pleasure of having Donna as my midfwife. I have never had such a caring health care professional. When I first got pregnant, I was in the care of an OB. But after meeting Donna, I immediately switched my care because of her extensive knowledge and passion for her patient's care and well being. Donna's most important trait as a care provider is listening to her patients needs and truly following through with their needs/desires. I would recommend Donna to every pregnant person I know. I had the most memorable birth experience and it was all because of Donna!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

As a birth doula, I had a chance to experience Donna at work first hand in the delivery room. She is amazing!! She was caring, compassionate and very accessible throughout the labor and delivery. Unlike other caregivers, who you only see at the pushing stage, Donna was present and providing personal care while the mother labored in the hospital. It was great to work with her as a team, ensuring that the mother-to-be achieve the birth experience of her dreams--a natural, un-medicated birth. I look forward to working with her again in the future! If you are looking for a midwife for your birth, look no further.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Shortly after our miscarriage, my husband and I were blessed to find out that we were expecting. I was fearful of changing practices and decided to stay with my ob gyn. However as my care progressed I knew that the practice of a midwife was more in line with my birthing plan. I then met Donna Tabas. What attracted me to her was her knowledge and professional experience but her warm and supportive spirit felt like home to us. Due to the anxiety and fear that I carried from my miscarriage, I had moments that were challenging but Donna understood and continued to guide me with patience and a gentle hand...always reassuring. Donna helped our family realize our dream of welcoming our daughter in a loving and gentle environment at Holy Name Hospital. She was our fierce advocate, our guardian, as well as our friend. I highly and undoubtedly recommend Donna Tabas.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I had an OB for my first son (and ended up being induced and had an epidural), and knew I wanted a different experience for my second. I could not have been happier with the care I received from Donna. She is warm, caring, but also professional. My in-home prenatal appointments with her were never rushed and often went over an hour. Donna also was with me just about every minute of my son's (completely natural) birth and supported me in ways I never imagined -- the kind of attention, caring, and support I never got from my OB. She treated me with respect, she listened to me, explained everything and answered every question. My family is now complete, but if I were to ever have another child, I would have Donna as my midwife again in a heartbeat. While I did have to pay $3,000, I received close to half of that back from my insurance company.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

So thankful to have had Donna as our midwife! As a FTM it was very helpful having the extra time to spend with Donna discussing my pregnancy and planning for labor and delivery that you would never get with an OB. She was always available by phone or email for any question I had. She really makes it her priority to ensure both you and your partner are constantly informed about your pregnancy and that everyone is on the same page when it comes to your birth preferences. Once we had our baby she was still constantly available to us if we needed her. She was a great encouragement when I was struggling with breastfeeding and helped me to get back on track and now breastfeeding is a breeze and a success! She is truly a wonderfully caring and kind woman. Not to mention I loved delivering at Holy Name Hospital (private rooms!!!). She made pregnancy and birth a joyous and worry free experience!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Donna Tabas was a miracle find for me. I was having such a hard time with my pregnancy and felt ignored by my GYN. I craved the one-on-one, intimate relationship that only a midwife can give. Not only was Donna quick to respond, but she was available at any time, day or night, with information, knowledge and even small chit-chat. She never rushed me out of her office and would even make home visits for appointments! I had the luxury of hearing my baby's heartbeat for the first time, at home, in my own bed. Thanks to Donna, I am able to describe childbirth using words such as romantic, intimate, relaxing, soothing, amazing and miraculous. I know she will work just as hard and be just as dedicated to YOU and your baby. She is definitely one of a kind! =)

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Donna Tabas's Credentials

• Columbia University (Grad. 2004)

• BCBS Massachusetts