Ratings for Dr. Frances L. Wertman

After my experience with this midwife I decided to skip the midwives altogether and head for an OB where I would be listened to an have some compassion. She was flat out rude and mean to me in both appointments and while in labor. I have an autoimmune disorder and she treated me like I was a leper. She also snapped at me when I was laboring asking 'what are you doing, CRYING' when I was having severe issues with the same autoimmune problem. I cried again, in relief, when her shift ended. She always made a HUGE deal about putting on gloves and being ginger any time she was forced to touch me-- even taking my pulse. She was nothing short of cruel to me. The other MWs in the practice were great, but I will never work with them again because I will never work with her again.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

Fran delivered my first child and was AMAZING. I was being induced at TMC one week early due to pre-eclampsia. Fran was there the whole time I was in labor. She helped with relaxation techniques, was encouraging, and very knowledgeable. I loved all of the midwives at the Tucson Birth Center.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012