Ratings for Dr. Douglas G. Kerr

After explaining to Dr Kerr the situation with our daughter, he reassured us she would be fine and seemingly understood she needed a gentler touch. We took her in today for her extraction and asked to check on her, he again said he understood we wanted to do this before we scheduled the appointment. They refused to allow us to even peek in from the hallway, when our daughter needed to go potty she told us Dr Kerr was aggressive with her and telling her to stop breathing hard. Considering she has serious anxiety, it seemed insensitive. She said he was being rude with her. Whenever we tried to simply speak with him about it calmly he became overly aggressive with us and began yelling. The entire front waiting area could hear it. Thankfully we recorded the entire situation and will be making a formal complaint. We ended up leaving with our daughter numb and not even receiving treatment. This man continued yelling at us as we were trying to leave, we even tried to kindly ask him to be more professional with us and he continued to yell. I would never recommend this man treat your child, why anyone with aggression issues would even work with kids is beyond me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I think it is funny how most of you believe you have the education behind you to support your reviews. I know Dr. Kerr personally and have worked with him. I have been in the dental field since 2002 and he is excellent with children.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I don't think these people are seeing the Dr. Douglas Kerr I've been taking my son to for the last eight (8) years. I've followed him from practice to practice, and he is outstanding! He has been nothing but kind and gentle with my son. Not once did he ever say I was not allowed in the room or not allowed to see anything going on. My son being 11 now, Dr. Kerr still asks at every visit if I want to come back in the room at the beginning of the appointment. Can't wait to start taking my toddler daughter to see him also, ONLY dentists I'd use for kids.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Shame on this dentist. I will be reporting him the board of dentistry, the BBB and Cigna for what happened with my son. And trust me when I say this is polite.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

IF YOU LOVE your child don't put them through seeing this dentist. The reviews that call him an animal is putting it mildly. He puts his hand over the childs mouth, and uses the kid board. If you look up the standard of care on the American Academy pediatric dentist, these methods are not used the way he uses them. As a matter of face the hand over mouth method has been removed. Please trust me as a dental assistant.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. Kerr used a papoose board on my child without consulting me first. I could hear my 4 year old child crying from the waiting room and felt helpless. He also told me she needed 6 fillings(but never showed me the x-rays) and I have had that reviewed by another dentist and he doesn't agree. Dr. Kerr was ok with my other kids because they weren't afraid. I was never ok with the fact that parents are not allowed in the room. He seems like a really nice person but is not the best with children especially those who are frightened.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

I at first really liked him. Until my 2 year old went in. He was very forceful & rude. We had to go back for a rootcanal the next day, wish we didn't. I sat in my car crying because I could hear my child's crys. My son is VERY WELL BEHAVED! There was no reason for him to be in that much pain & anxiety during this. Will be goinf elsewhere next time around!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Great experiences with this dentist. Both my children go to him and have had no issues.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr Kerr is great with my kids. Very flexible with appts. We followed him from another practice to his new one. The kids have no fears with him. :)

flag | Submitted June 26, 2010

& WOULD PREFER TO TREAT YOUR CHILD LIKE AN ANIMAL: "BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION TECHNIQUES" INCLUDE: PARENTAL APPROVAL OF RAISING HIS VOICE TO YOUR CHILD, "HAND OVER MOUTH TECHNIQUE", PEDI BOARDS AND PAPOOSE BOARDS ARE 4 OF THE 10 YOU MUST AGREE TO IN ORDER TO BE TREATED. NASTY, RUDE, IGNORANT ...

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010