Ratings for Dr. Christiane M. Mccloskey

I had a very disappointing and traumatic birth with Christiane McCloskey. Her disorganization with my paperwork led me to be stuck in triage for an hour and half during transition (7-8 cm). This was extremely stressful and disruptive to my labor which had been very smooth until that point. When I finally was in the birthing center, a nurse took the baby's heart rate and I noticed the baby's position had changed. Chris failed to inform me that the baby had started to rotate into a posterior position until 12 hours later when he was very stuck and I required a cesarean section to get him out. During the labor she did not offer any positions to help my baby rotate, and later when I had to be on continuous monitoring, she had me on my back, rather than on all fours which may have helped. During my labor I found her to be cold and disconnected to me- I did not feel she committed herself to by birth and my son and I have suffered enormously from this. The c section was very traumatic for me and I was in shock from all the drugs which delayed my milk coming in. My son had to stay in the NICU for several nights because of this- separating us during such a crucial time. I believe Chris's detachment from me and lack of skill at rotating a baby in a difficult position into a more optimal one has caused months of difficulties for my son and I. In the NICU he was given antibiotics which hurt his digestive tract, leading to feeding difficulties and months of colic. I wish I worked with a more responsive and attuned midwife who could at least have provided me with more care and support in the labor, even if it had to be a c section in the end.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

amazing natural calm delivery. thank you chris.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014