Ratings for Dr. Anthony B. Ferrara

Front desk staff are kind, respectful, helpful and welcoming. Clinical staff and Dr. Ferrara are the best,taking time to listen, answering your questions. Making sure you understand what is going on and the next steps in your health care. I even had Dr. Ferrara follow up with a phone call to my home after a recent hospitalization to see how I was doing. Thank you to all the staff at Family Health Services in Inver Grove Heights.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

I've started seeing Dr. Ferrara in the early 80's. He delivered two of my children. He was always late, but it's because he actually took time to listen to his patients. He is a wonderful and caring Dr who went out of his way to help them. He helped me through a lot of tough times and I appreciated that. We moved too far and his front desk staff were unfriendly to make it worthwhile anymore. I've not bonded with another Dr since I left him in the mid 90's. He is too kind and to some that may seem he is overbooked an unfriendly. You aren't the only patient he has, and the wait is well worth it!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

just took all my money and referred me to specialists. feel totally ripped off and physically worse.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

I've had uneven results during appts. with Dr. Ferrara. There are times he is patient and caring and other times when it's the opposite. I think he has good intentions but over states what he is really going to do. He is good with diagnosis. He is not good with people who are not his primary patients. He blew off my mother and my sister when they had to see him when their primary care physicians were unavailable. I would not bother to see him if you are not one of his primary care patients. He doesn't want to "get into" it. You might as well see another physician in the clinic if yours is not available and you're dealing with a serious health problem.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2010

Dr. Ferrara has been treating me for over 30 years. He is always willing to take time to explain things to me. I think that might be the reason for him not being so punctual. He treats you like a person and not a patient. I guess I think that's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

I been seeing Dr. Ferrara for 30 years since the birth of my son. He has seen our family through many difficult times especially with illness of my husband and most recently his death. He went above the call of duty many times for us and was always there for my family. He always takes the time to hear your concerns and work with you to find out what is going on. My children are adults now and continue to see Dr. Ferrara even with clinics closer to their home and to me that says alot about him. Dr. Ferrara truly cares about his patients and their families

flag | Submitted January 24, 2009

I have asthma and had a hard time finding a decent doctor until I met Dr Ferrara.. You got to trust me, we are going to change your meds...after about a week, I had forgotten what it was like to feel healthy. My wife was also having some trouble with a "flu bug" After 3 visits to his office, he says we are going to run this test, because you are showing me some symptoms of CLL (leukemia). Dr. Ferrara was right right on on his diagnosis, got us referred to a specialist, went through Chemo and no signs of CLL. We caught it in time. I always call him my hero, but he shrugs it off and says I'm just doing my job for my patients. Thanks Dr. Ferrara and bless you for your hard work and long hours that you work for your patients.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

rude and yelling an elder person on phone and ever answered question

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

Wonderful caring...tries to treat everyone somtimes making things run behind but wonderful man.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Even though you have to wait to see Dr. Ferrara, he always gives you all the time you need with him. He is great at explaining results of the physicial exam and what the treatment options are. He is very thorough with his diagnostic testing and followup and does not hesitate to provide a referral if needed.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2006

Dr. Anthony B. Ferrara's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal