Ratings for Dr. Kathleen R. Philbin

Reading the comments of the patient below I think she must have been on something not K Philbin.I have worked with K Philbin for 13 years and as people who know me I do not give praise where praise is not due.Whoever this person is criticizing it in no way resembles the K Philbin that I know and work with.Kathy is one of the most Christian ,most dedicated ,wonderful women for women midwives I know.She gives 110% in every part of her patient care.I have uter respect for this woman and have never seen any delivery by her that resembles the one described below.Please before you think to destroy someone’s reputation and livelihood think very carefully .Karma is a powerful thing .As a professional person and bound by HIPPA I rest my case.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

The below is a summary of the complaint I submitted to the Florida Department of Health regarding this provider: Kathleen Philbin was the midwife for my labor and delivery. I believe that she may have been intoxicated during my labor and delivery. She has red blotchy facial skin which is consistent with chronic alcohol abuse. I wanted to have a physiological birth without interventions. I was admitted at the hospital just after midnight Saturday against Sunday. The midwife seemed to be in a rush to be done with my delivery and go home. Addicts (including alcoholics) cannot wait to go back to their favorite substance if their consumption is interrupted. The midwife lied that I am fully dilated and I needed to be coached to push out the baby. Neither of these were true. I pushed my baby out through a birth canal that was not fully dilated and ready for birth. It resulted in torn cervix, severely torn vagina, causing prolapse of the uterus, bladder and herniation of the rectum, torn perineum and tailbone injury. My baby was born distressed with a hand by her face. She also rushed the delivery of the placenta by pulling on it before it was ready to detach and I lost about 2 liters of blood within a 24 hour period. After stitching my perineum she was literally running out the door to go home. I lost consciousness after the birth while sitting up and going to the bathroom. I was discharged from the hospital with internal injuries, torn cervix and retained placenta. I believe that my child and I narrowly escaped death thanks to our above average health. I am convinced that a woman or child of average or below average health would not have been so lucky. I do not feel that I gave birth, I feel that I escaped an attempted murder. It is only a matter of time before this provider kills a patient and/or her child. My medical records were falsified and do not accurately reflect the facts during my labor and delivery. An unrelated complaint by another patient is publicly available at the Florida Department of Health website. I also discovered that this provider has two medical malpractice cases against her with court records publicly available at the Palm Beach County Clerk website. The court case numbers are: 2013-CA-012481 and 2014-CA-008951. She severely injured two babies rendering them paraplegic for life. Her incompetence dragged the hospital, the nurses and the doctor under whose admitting privileges she worked into the case. Another lesson I learned the hard way is not to trust an unhealthy provider with my health. Philbin personally informed me that her own uterus has been removed. In retrospect it seems obvious that if she cannot take care of her health, she cannot possibly respect mine or that of another patient. I do not recommend this provider.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I could say 100 things about Kathy, to convince someone to use her as their midwife, however, the most important one is that Kathy was not just my midwife or medical provider, she became a friend and part of our family. We trusted her 110% during my prenatal care and delivery. We will never have a baby with anyone else. My husband and I are both suffering from separation anxiety 3 months after our son's birth!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Love every visit with her she is so kind and caring and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Kathy is awesome, you will be so happy with your experience if you choose Kathy as your Provider!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

I loved seeing Kathy at every appointment she was really Sweet and made me gel at home she delivered my first daughter and helped me achieve the most natural labor and delivery that i wanted i can honestly day i live Kathy and I'm do happy to see her if she still delivers babies by the time i decide to have another one I'm visiting her again had an amazing experience would recommend her to anyone and everyone expecting a baby

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Kathleen is one of the most gentlest, honest and sweetest care givers I have ever had to deal with. Her extensive knowledge and gift of making you feel comfortable, in the most uncomfortable situations is impeccable. Kathy came as a referral to me from my Mom, when i was looking for a mid-wife, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Her natural and supportive approach truly makes her special. She has the utmost respect for your needs and makes sure all of your questions are answered. Whenever I leave my appointments the feeling is like i just a spent some girl time with a dear friend. I cannot recommend Kathy Philbin enough, she is simply amazing.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013