Ratings for Dr. Kathryn Seamons

I met Kathryn the day of my delivery. I was 9 days overdue and noticed decreased fetal movement. After not passing his non stress test they decided to induce. His ultrasound looked great so they scheduled me for first thing in the morning so I could get some rest before delivery. That night around 10pm I got a call from Kathryn. She let me know that she would be the midwife on call. She knew how important a natural birth was to me. She informed me how she would help make that possible. She was with me from start to finish of my labor and was so in tune with my body and my baby. My son continued to show signs of distress but his heart rate stayed strong. She let me push at my own pace. Once his head was out she had to cut his cord that was wrapped too tightly around his neck and was too short to move. He was out in one more push. He was rushed to the respiratory staff she had on hand in the room. She was calm and focused and saved my sons life. And protected my dream a beautiful birth

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I was seen by midwives at Central Utah Women's Clinic in Pleasant Grove, UT, where Kathryn practices, during my first pregnancy, but I never met Kathryn until I went into preterm labor. She was the CNM on at the hospital assisting births at the time. She became my favorite midwife I saw from the clinic (and I met with every one of them). Her attentive and calm demeanor was reassuring. She handled everything with confidence and was positive and thorough during the whole process. Her bedside manner was amazing, the best I had experienced 'til then. Though she didn't stay the whole time (since she was attending other births), the birth was still a wonderful experience with her help and presence.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Kathryn delivered my second baby and I absolutely hope to have her deliver the rest. She was not only very knowledgeable, but she was so patient with me through my thousands of questions and when it came down to delivery, she was there from the beginning of my time in the hospital to the end of my delivery. She asked me how I was constantly to make sure I was comfortable and even chatted with us while we were waiting. She also asked us after I had the baby if we wanted to see the placenta, which my husband found fascinating and even i was curious to see what it looked like. She wasn't in a rush like my last obgyn to get me done and over with even though she was working with more people than Md that night. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013