Ratings for Dr. Avram C. Greenspan

As a new parent, I became very concerned when our then 18 month old son became intensely startled by normal noises & seemed aloof & less 'interactive' (reciprocity in social communication) than others his age. Dr. quickly dismissed my observations repeatedly, as just a 'phase'. These were classic signs of an autism spectrum disorder, unfolding! I wish I'd followed my intuition and gotten a more tuned-in doctor. Our son indeed has high-functioning autism, confirmed after years of, what we feel was lost time- where perhaps, earlier therapy would have made a big difference. Guess I'll never know...Sighhh I wish he

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

He rushes through visits and doesn't listen to the parent. dismisses concerns. My son had so many ear infections he became partially deaf and Dr. Greenspan dismissed my concerns every time I brought him in and refused to prescribe antibiotics.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

Dr. Greenspan was my son's pediatrician for 18 years as my son was one of his very first patients. He was foremost always very concerned and knowledgeable and I felt he listened and cared deeply for his patients. My son had several potentially serious issues over the years that he immediately picked up on and took action. He referred me to excellent doctors when it became necessary. His wife is also a very skilled nurse who now runs the office and does it very well. I have always found her to be professional, courteous and caring. I don't think she is "abrupt" as I have read in others' comments here. I think her personality is just that she is a "get things" done sort of person who wants to keep things moving so patients don't back up and have to wait too long. Maybe it comes across as abrupt to some people but I don't think she means to be abrupt at all.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

He used no pain medication (not even sweet water) when performing my son's circumcision. We found his wife to be abrasive. Very negative experience.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2007

If you plan on breastfeeding your baby, this is NOT the doctor for you! He was not supportive (despite his claims otherwise) and he and his staff constantly pushed formula. He may be a fine doc on most other matters, but we found he and his wife to be abrasive. He was dismissive of our desires and concerns and did not listen when we answered his questions. Compassion and understanding is not his strong suit.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2007

Very helpful & patient. Takes time to verify information; takes time to answer every single one of my questions. Good bedside manner. His wife, who is the office manager can be abrupt and unpleasant. Always I can get in on short notice.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2006

he's friendly, but doesn't listen very well, and pretty much dismisses concerns and recites platitudes. My child ended up in the hospital with pneumonia, and Dr. G didn't pick it up and dismissed my concern about her breathing because she seemed a little better in the office. wouldn't order a chest x-ray.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2006

Dr. Avram C. Greenspan's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1984)

Healthnet