Ratings for Dr. Alfredo Pantano

Outstanding and caring cardiac specialist. Dr Pantano takes time to understand issues and develops a plan to take care of my needs.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Willing to discuss and weight patient's opinion and experiences. He has a more humane approach than some other specialiststg

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Pantano is not only professional and to the point (specially on an initial meeting) but he always takes time to answer your questions. Punctuality is not rated high but I feel like that's because he takes time with his patients. He did an ablation on me 4 years ago and fixed the problem 100%. I am really grateful and would definitely refer my own family to see him. He's amazing

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Expect to wait for Dr. Pantano; but he is worth every second and will give each patient the time they need. After a year of steadily increasing debilitation as the result of sinus node dysfunction, I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Pantano. He always answered my questions and concerns fully, was kind, considerate and accurate in his assessments and judgements. Now, three procedures later I have good quality of life, energy to enjoy my grandchildren and the ability to return to my passion for painting and love of swimming. Thank you, thank you Dr. Pantano!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Do not see this cardiologist- he is incredibly rude, arrogant and ignorant. He has made serious errors and been negligent and refuses to take ownership for his culpability. Disgusting human being.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I would caution anyone from going to see Dr. Pantano, especially if you feel intimated around doctors. We were referred to the clinic to review the need for an ICD device and to talk about atrial fibrillation. Dr. Pantano presented himself as a bully, rude, arrogant and proceeded to give us advice that was clearly ridiculous. He began the consultation without reading the file. He recommended a medication that I was allergic to and badly damaged my thyroid gland in prior years. This was clearly highlighted in the file he did not look at. When advised about the allergy , Pantano suggested that I investigate removing my healthy thyroid in order to take the medication. His parting words were, "if you want to remove the thyroid let me know". No suggestion of a consult with an endocrinologist. He wanted me to research this! This recommendation was ridiculed not only by me, but by my endocrinologist, my general practitioner and my cardiologist. Pantano was not amenable to answering questions and he tried to discourage the conversation by being a bully. He was vague in his advice and by the end of the consult we had absolutely no confidence in his opinions. His bedside manner was non existent. Luckily, we were not intimated by this smug doctor and recognized his advice was ludicrous. We headed down to the atrial fibrillation clinic at St. Mike's where the difference in the doctors and staff was mind boggling. They were amazing at St. Mikes. Totally professional, empathetic, caring and brilliant staff. After being assessed by the atrial fibrillation specialists, they disagreed about the advice that Pantano was giving with respect to the meds he wanted to prescribe. St Mikes determined those meds were not required for the atrial fibrillation, as this issue has always been under control. They also strongly disagreed with Pantanos suggestion to remove my healthy thyroid! I have since had the procedure and the ICD inserted, my meds have not been changed and everything went smoothly. My final words would be to avoid this doctor like the plague, again, especially if you feel intimated by specialists. This guy has some sort of a complex and is a bully with bad medical advice.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Two bad experiences with being released from Southlake before I should have been released. Both times had to go to local hospital for two days to fix problem from being released to soon from Southlake.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. Pantano is willing to listen and I believe that does not happen always with other doctors or specialists

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Their patient care is poor. I started to see him in the Fall 2013. He prescribed Xarelto for blood thinners and was suppose to have a 6 month follow up meeting. This never happened. I was scheduled for my Ablation on August 10 2014, this never happened. They left me on Xarelto for so long that I started to have stomach bleeding. I was admitted in the hospital for two weeks over the holidays. They told me to wear a holter monitor for 2 days to monitor my heart beat to see if they can increase my Sotalol. They promised they would get the results back to me right away, have not heard anything. I leave phone messages that never get returned. My A-fib is so bad I past out while on holidays in Dominican in December 2013 and was hospitalized. I past out in May 2014 at home falling fracturing my wrist. I keep phoning and telling them my problems and they never get back to me. I am very disappointed they way they run this place. They just don't care

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Dr Alfredo Pantano and his team in the Laboratory were excellent.. Dr Pantano was so kind to take over my case from another cardiologist who was not available. He was very friendly to me and promised to show me his Argentine Tango when he had the costume. His team consisted of four others who worked together very smoothly and efficiently. They tried to divert me from the stress of the procedure by talking with me about something else, like my profession before retirement, different vehicles etc. In the conversation, they kept on smiling and had created a relaxed atmosphere for me. The procedure was finished successfully and painless. I was so lucky that I was put in the hands of the right people. A job well done by a happy team.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014