Ratings for Dr. Alfredo Pantano

On punctuality...you can't have it both ways. If you ask for/expect to get in-depth knowledge, you should expect a doctor to fall behind schedule. If your priority is for a Doc who is always on time, you have no right to expect in-depth consultation. Dr. Pantano is one who is willing to take the time necessary to elaborate. Having tried multiple drugs over the years, I have suffered chronically from A-Fib for years with frequency of events worsening to every 3 wks or so. I had 2 ablations as well. It was Dr Pantano who persevered & found a not-avail-in-Canada drug that has changed the quality of my life, enabling travel etc, I have not had an event in the last 6 months! So, my question to other clients would be...do you want a Doc who is always on time or a Doc who always takes the time to listen & respond to your questions & concerns? I salute the latter. richard reinhart

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr Pantano brought me back to full function over the last 3 years I owe my life to him and would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Outstanding and caring cardiac specialist. Dr Pantano takes time to understand issues and develops a plan to take care of my needs.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Willing to discuss and weight patient's opinion and experiences. He has a more humane approach than some other specialiststg

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Pantano is not only professional and to the point (specially on an initial meeting) but he always takes time to answer your questions. Punctuality is not rated high but I feel like that's because he takes time with his patients. He did an ablation on me 4 years ago and fixed the problem 100%. I am really grateful and would definitely refer my own family to see him. He's amazing

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Expect to wait for Dr. Pantano; but he is worth every second and will give each patient the time they need. After a year of steadily increasing debilitation as the result of sinus node dysfunction, I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Pantano. He always answered my questions and concerns fully, was kind, considerate and accurate in his assessments and judgements. Now, three procedures later I have good quality of life, energy to enjoy my grandchildren and the ability to return to my passion for painting and love of swimming. Thank you, thank you Dr. Pantano!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Do not see this cardiologist- he is incredibly rude, arrogant and ignorant. He has made serious errors and been negligent and refuses to take ownership for his culpability. Disgusting human being.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I would caution anyone from going to see Dr. Pantano, especially if you feel intimated around doctors. We were referred to the clinic to review the need for an ICD device and to talk about atrial fibrillation. Dr. Pantano presented himself as a bully, rude, arrogant and proceeded to give us advice that was clearly ridiculous. He began the consultation without reading the file. He recommended a medication that I was allergic to and badly damaged my thyroid gland in prior years. This was clearly highlighted in the file he did not look at. When advised about the allergy , Pantano suggested that I investigate removing my healthy thyroid in order to take the medication. His parting words were, "if you want to remove the thyroid let me know". No suggestion of a consult with an endocrinologist. He wanted me to research this! This recommendation was ridiculed not only by me, but by my endocrinologist, my general practitioner and my cardiologist. Pantano was not amenable to answering questions and he tried to discourage the conversation by being a bully. He was vague in his advice and by the end of the consult we had absolutely no confidence in his opinions. His bedside manner was non existent. Luckily, we were not intimated by this smug doctor and recognized his advice was ludicrous. We headed down to the atrial fibrillation clinic at St. Mike's where the difference in the doctors and staff was mind boggling. They were amazing at St. Mikes. Totally professional, empathetic, caring and brilliant staff. After being assessed by the atrial fibrillation specialists, they disagreed about the advice that Pantano was giving with respect to the meds he wanted to prescribe. St Mikes determined those meds were not required for the atrial fibrillation, as this issue has always been under control. They also strongly disagreed with Pantanos suggestion to remove my healthy thyroid! I have since had the procedure and the ICD inserted, my meds have not been changed and everything went smoothly. My final words would be to avoid this doctor like the plague, again, especially if you feel intimated by specialists. This guy has some sort of a complex and is a bully with bad medical advice.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Two bad experiences with being released from Southlake before I should have been released. Both times had to go to local hospital for two days to fix problem from being released to soon from Southlake.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. Pantano is willing to listen and I believe that does not happen always with other doctors or specialists

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015